Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
filters.jpg

You've relocated these?

The ARB Dual compressor have been very reliable over the years.

The biggest issues with mounting them where they can get submerged are the air intake filters (see above pic) and the cylinder head/cooling fan.

The filters are easy to fix, just relocate them to a safe dry spot. ARB makes it easy with their relocation kit: https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...essories/171319-arb-air-filter-relocation-kit

The cylinder head/cooling fan would be the bigger problem. If you pack the area between the compressors with muck and mud, the fan won't be able to cool the cylinder head properly, causing overheating.

So just be sure to keep that area cleaned out.

For those who are planing on a twin compressor in the future, I saw the drawings for the new Grimm Offroad twin compressor kit. It mounts under the hood and looks pretty cool. If it works as good as their kit for the JL/JT, this will be another winner. I haven't heard a release date for it yet, but I keep pushing them to get it done!
Excited to see what comes out!

FWIW, on 5th generation Ranger, there hasn't been an ARB dual install that I could find. Only this ARB single which was a tight fit.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/installed-arb-compressor.6481/

There should be more room under-hood for Bronco. As @BroncoUnicorn mentioned, this is his first go at the location and will find out what works! Would love it if there were some mocked up alternatives just to see what's possible for Bronco, since the dual is a bit of a porker.
Sponsored

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

some good info in this thread - thanks for posting!!

OP
OP
BroncoUnicorn

BroncoUnicorn

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Base 2dr Manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

filters.jpg

You've relocated these?

The ARB Dual compressor have been very reliable over the years.

The biggest issues with mounting them where they can get submerged are the air intake filters (see above pic) and the cylinder head/cooling fan.

The filters are easy to fix, just relocate them to a safe dry spot. ARB makes it easy with their relocation kit: https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...essories/171319-arb-air-filter-relocation-kit

The cylinder head/cooling fan would be the bigger problem. If you pack the area between the compressors with muck and mud, the fan won't be able to cool the cylinder head properly, causing overheating.

So just be sure to keep that area cleaned out.

For those who are planing on a twin compressor in the future, I saw the drawings for the new Grimm Offroad twin compressor kit. It mounts under the hood and looks pretty cool. If it works as good as their kit for the JL/JT, this will be another winner. I haven't heard a release date for it yet, but I keep pushing them to get it done!
Ah, so that's what they (the installers) meant! When the hardware was ordered last month, I think only one relocation kit was ordered but the dual compressor requires two. The shop did say that they have to wait for the second to arrive and then I could come back to finish installing it.

I assumed the first kit was already installed, but it makes more sense that both would be left off (for now). Hence their warning about not getting it wet.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is a very nifty installation. Thanks for sharing.

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be THAT guy...

That's an awful place to mount a compressor, its an air sucking machine and they've put it where it will received mud, water and all kinds of other stuff, aside from getting hit by rocks, gravel and tree branches. Sorry.

But it is a good compressor and will last forever, but maybe not where it is...

Last edited:

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm recycling my single stage compressor from ARB for my Samsquatch. It was very quick airing up 33s, but I am expecting it to take about twice as long with 35s. I'll go up to the dual stage when I do 37s. These things are bloody pricy.

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is awesome. I wonder if there is a similar place to mount that compressor on a 4 door (still waiting to get mine).
I am wondering if it could go in the place where the B&O audio system has the subwoofer. Just throwing it out as another option, inside might be noisy though if you got kid napping or something after a trail run.

Ford Bronco Hardmounted ARB dual compressor with quick connect port installed 1634938325930

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Put it under the wife’s seat. Two birds, one stone. Just be sure to spec MGV seats. 😉
I spent a lot time finding the best way to ask that question as there were key words like vibration, body, feel. I laughed a couple times a redo the question.

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

looks great! i want to do this eventually when i get mine

Sponsored

Free Pizza

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll be THAT guy...

That's an awful place to mount a compressor, its an air sucking machine and they've put it where it will received mud, water and all kinds of other stuff, aside from getting hit by rocks, gravel and tree branches. Sorry.

But it is a good compressor and will last forever, but maybe not where it is...

With in this post he said he ran the air hose inside the cabin.

KosmicKid

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX '14 Jaguar XFR-S 18 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That looks good!
I've been racking my brain on a good location since I know the engine bay is rather tight.
Will be looking into that. Thanks

GreyBronco

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element. 2 Civics and a Kawasaki ZRX1200R
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've seen this type of setup using a 20 gallon reserve tank. That compressor was installed near the frame as well. Nice work!

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks good, but you should install the ARB remote air filter set. You don't want your air intakes down low. You want them higher.

We're currently developing (I'm 3D printing a test one right now) brackets to hold an ARB Twin Compressor under the hood. So we'll post on here when we're ready.
Sponsored