First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The installation date for my ARB dual compressor (100% duty cycle) finally arrived for my 2021 "unicorn" bronco. I had a local shop (Asheville Vehicle Outfitters) do the installation. This is the same 2 door Bronco that had the rear seats deleted from an earlier thread of mine.

The compressor was installed to the underside of the body, centered and towards the rear:

2021 Bronco Hardmounted ARB dual air compressor with quick connect port installed .jpeg

It was mounted by drilling holes up through the body and bolting everything in, underneath the rear factory carpet.

The output air line was run to a quick disconnect port on the rear bumper using braided tubing, and comes out on the drivers side above the license plate:

2021 Bronco Hardmounted ARB dual air compressor with quick connect port installed 1.jpeg

So when you need to air up you can just plug in the hose:

2021 Bronco Hardmounted ARB dual air compressor with quick connect port installed.jpeg

And turn on aux switch 1:

9C3C1AE2-8E0D-4A3A-A9C7-3760E501DC7B.jpeg

Eventually I will be upgrading the front and rear bumpers with steel versions, but that will have to wait until later. I also plan to buy or make one of the 4-way inflater hoses so I can air up all tires to the same PSI at the same time. This is a 100% duty cycle compressor, so no worries about overheating or cool down cycles on larger tire sizes.
Wow nice setup
I am curroous did the ARB compressor is waterproof .... what happen if it rain or submerge crossing a creek.....

Perfect setup when doing rock crawling in moab

Let me know
Thanks
Sponsored

OU812

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Exlporer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great. thx for sharing.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do they not use salt on the roads during winter there in NC? They use mag chloride out here in CO and I know I wouldn't want my $800 compressor underneath collecting all that crap during the winter. Taking it through a carwash where they use high pressure sprays for the undercarriage would be my next concern.

KhaosCreator

Badlands
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very good idea I would just recommend keep it up high not to get crap on it underneath. Arb should be coming out with the mount to mount it inside the engine bay

ASlaugh

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The installation date for my ARB dual compressor (100% duty cycle) finally arrived for my 2021 "unicorn" bronco. I had a local shop (Asheville Vehicle Outfitters) do the installation. This is the same 2 door Bronco that had the rear seats deleted from an earlier thread of mine.

The compressor was installed to the underside of the body, centered and towards the rear:

2021 Bronco Hardmounted ARB dual air compressor with quick connect port installed .jpeg

It was mounted by drilling holes up through the body and bolting everything in, underneath the rear factory carpet.

The output air line was run to a quick disconnect port on the rear bumper using braided tubing, and comes out on the drivers side above the license plate:

2021 Bronco Hardmounted ARB dual air compressor with quick connect port installed 1.jpeg

So when you need to air up you can just plug in the hose:

2021 Bronco Hardmounted ARB dual air compressor with quick connect port installed.jpeg

And turn on aux switch 1:

9C3C1AE2-8E0D-4A3A-A9C7-3760E501DC7B.jpeg

Eventually I will be upgrading the front and rear bumpers with steel versions, but that will have to wait until later. I also plan to buy or make one of the 4-way inflater hoses so I can air up all tires to the same PSI at the same time. This is a 100% duty cycle compressor, so no worries about overheating or cool down cycles on larger tire sizes.
I wonder if it would fit behind one of the fenders since they are easy to remove. Or maybe under the rear panel where the tire jack is stored.

Sponsored

MattyAg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks good, but you should install the ARB remote air filter set. You don't want your air intakes down low. You want them higher.

We're currently developing (I'm 3D printing a test one right now) brackets to hold an ARB Twin Compressor under the hood. So we'll post on here when we're ready.
I’ve got a road trip planned for Utah in March. Really need onboard air by then. Hope y’all get something out soon.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve got a road trip planned for Utah in March. Really need onboard air by then. Hope y’all get something out soon.
Im hoping to have the prototype nailed down in a week. It's a lot of trial/error but making good progress. I've got 2/3 of the mounting points nailed down now I just need to nail down the 3rd, which is the hardest part. This part is where the trial/error comes into place

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does it feel inside the car when you turn it on? Does it have any insulation to minimize the vibration?
Who cares? you only run it when you are airing up the tires

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

4 doors have a ton of room under the rear seats, even when folded flat. Compressor one side and tank on the other. I know everyone is wanting close to battery but my bmw has its battery in the trunk so running a 10 gage wire from under hood to anywhere else should be no issue.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apparently my wife would care about it. Looking for Husky compressor now.
If you are going with a portable get a VIAR. I carry one in my Super Duty and use it to air up my truck tires, RV tires and implement trailer tires. Works good

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you are going with a portable get a VIAR. I carry one in my Super Duty and use it to air up my truck tires, RV tires and implement trailer tires. Works good
Ditto. I keep one in my Raptor as a spare (even though I run an HPA Systems air tank in my bed). I like to have the portable Viair as a "backup" as it's small enough to hide away.

Ingridthehorrible

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy 2500HD, 2008 Buell 1125R, 98 Buell S1W
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow nice setup
I am curroous did the ARB compressor is waterproof .... what happen if it rain or submerge crossing a creek.....
It's only water resistance, the installation manual states " Mounting location should be above the highest possible waterline to avoid submerging during water crossings"
Ford Bronco Hardmounted ARB dual compressor with quick connect port installed ARB Compressor Mounting Location

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4 doors have a ton of room under the rear seats, even when folded flat. Compressor one side and tank on the other. I know everyone is wanting close to battery but my bmw has its battery in the trunk so running a 10 gage wire from under hood to anywhere else should be no issue.
Really? Where do the compressor and tank fit when the seats are folded flat?

Ford Bronco Hardmounted ARB dual compressor with quick connect port installed 88AE233C-F29C-4B10-8BC9-877BDFBFD18D

Source

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had to do a double take on this one. I have the same compressor but on my Jeep and it runs my air lockers. (Of course I use it to air up as well.)

Props for a nice job with installation and clever connector on the bumper, but...

That compressor ain't gonna last long down there. And that's just if you daily drive your Bronco with little to no real wheeling. If you're putting your Bronco in mud, doing water crossings, etc. that compressor's lifespan will be weeks to a month at best. You'll need to move it for sure if you're doing any of that stuff.

But it's a tough place for it to live even driving around on the street because of what it's subjected to down there. Generally you want these installed either inside the vehicle or as high in the engine bay as you can manage. Since my TJ is small, I opted for the latter. It runs great there.

Also, on the exterior connector: I've had friends who've installed these on various locations, from the cowl, to the fender, to the front bumper. Problem is the connector lives a hard life in the elements and tends to go south on you. Corrosion, gummed up by dirt, etc. Even with the dust cover on it, moisture, mud, dirt, etc. get in and eventually kill the valve. Makes for a disappointing day when you go to hook up your air line and... can't.

Honestly, given you're only looking to air up your tires with this, the easiest thing to do is just throw a portable compressor (such as ViAir 400P) in the back of the Bronco when you go wheeling. No maintenance, no extra weight, and supremely versatile. I still have mine from before my ARB Twin Compressor installation in the Jeep and now I keep it in the Bronco.

I'm all about cool solutions but in this case I think yours is looking for a problem... or to BECOME a problem. Clever installation routing however.
Sponsored