Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is awesome. I wonder if there is a similar place to mount that compressor on a 4 door (still waiting to get mine).
Sponsored

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
How does it feel inside the car when you turn it on? Does it have any insulation to minimize the vibration?

OP
OP
BroncoUnicorn

BroncoUnicorn

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Base 2dr Manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dont cross any rivers or streams with that 😉
They did warn me about that.

Fortunately, that's not my driving style. It's more sand/beaches and crappy rough forest roads where a lower PSI makes the next 20 miles livable. The compressor is at least 24" off the ground, and I can't see myself doing that sort of water fording (right now at least).

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Any room to mount under front seats?

texheim

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Stage 2
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They did warn me about that.

Fortunately, that's not my driving style. It's more sand/beaches and crappy rough forest roads where a lower PSI makes the next 20 miles livable. The compressor is at least 24" off the ground, and I can't see myself doing that sort of water fording (right now at least).
I believe this series is designed to be fully submerged when you have the aux air intake kit.

2BB3C398-B969-4190-A2CD-3CBA3B17CE57.png

OP
OP
BroncoUnicorn

BroncoUnicorn

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How does it feel inside the car when you turn it on? Does it have any insulation to minimize the vibration?
I just tested.

There is a significant amount of noise and vibration. It sounds and feels just like sitting in one of those short range prop commuter planes, waiting on the taxiway. 😀

If I did this everyday, then I would probably want rubber shock mounts or something. But for occasional use for 5-10 minutes at a time, it's not bad at all.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Put it under the wife’s seat. Two birds, one stone. Just be sure to spec MGV seats. 😉

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Put it under the wife’s seat. Two birds, one stone. Just be sure to spec MGV seats. 😉
That’s where it’s mounted in my Jeep ;)
It’s not that loud and vibes aren’t bad. I like stuff like that mounted out of sight

Sponsored

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just tested.

There is a significant amount of noise and vibration. It sounds and feels just like sitting in one of those short range prop commuter planes, waiting on the taxiway. 😀

If I did this everyday, then I would probably want rubber shock mounts or something. But for occasional use for 5-10 minutes at a time, it's not bad at all.
@618TRVLWILD @RBF 1401 i found your first accessory.

OP
OP
BroncoUnicorn

BroncoUnicorn

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any room to mount under front seats?
It's possible. Might be a tight fit. That would save you from having to run an air intake line for sure:

Ford Bronco Hardmounted ARB dual compressor with quick connect port installed 3E5B3524-A05E-4C41-A1BC-CFDDAD963D07

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

usually if you bolt stuff like this to the frame/underbody, use rubber grommets on the mount location and it will knock out the vibrations/noise.

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Already done. The intake air line was run up to the cargo compartment on the interior right side, in a cavity behind the trim.
Ford Bronco Hardmounted ARB dual compressor with quick connect port installed filters

You've relocated these?

Curious what you've seen from your own crew and also customers in terms of compressor life on these ARB units when they are mounted in locations which will see being fully submerged, lots of water, mud and impacts?

I've got the ARB twin on my short list but intend an engine-bay mount with aerospace grade quick disconnects on the terminals so that for daily driving I don't subject the compressor to constant heat cycles.

Or are these units so bulletproof that you're getting 5-10 years hard life out of them without issue?
The ARB Dual compressor have been very reliable over the years.

The biggest issues with mounting them where they can get submerged are the air intake filters (see above pic) and the cylinder head/cooling fan.

The filters are easy to fix, just relocate them to a safe dry spot. ARB makes it easy with their relocation kit: https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...essories/171319-arb-air-filter-relocation-kit

The cylinder head/cooling fan would be the bigger problem. If you pack the area between the compressors with muck and mud, the fan won't be able to cool the cylinder head properly, causing overheating.

So just be sure to keep that area cleaned out.

For those who are planing on a twin compressor in the future, I saw the drawings for the new Grimm Offroad twin compressor kit. It mounts under the hood and looks pretty cool. If it works as good as their kit for the JL/JT, this will be another winner. I haven't heard a release date for it yet, but I keep pushing them to get it done!
Sponsored