Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since day 1 Ive alignment and wind noise issues.. Front panels dont sit flush and I can actually feel air between the 2 panels above the passenger seat. My dealer has attempted to adjust the top a couple times only to make it worse. Its currently in the shop now being readjusted back to how it was. If I shine a flashlight from the outside rear corner where the front panel meets the clamshell I can see light on the inside. Theyre basically telling me thats just how its designed and theres nothing else they can do. Ive already messaged Ford on here and waiting for a reply but curious if anyone has had similar issues and what results did you get.

top1.jpeg

top2.jpeg

top3.jpeg

top4.jpeg

top5.jpeg
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, that's the worst I've seen yet. Hope they make it right for you.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldnā€™t accept that. I donā€™t get any water in my soft top as of now. So itā€™s certainly not acceptable with a hard top. Bet itā€™s something simple being missed.

OP
OP
ChrisB351

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fortunately I dont have any water leaks. Ive hit it with a pressure washer a few times just to make sure.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's not right. Stay on them until they make it right.

Sponsored

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a two door as wellā€¦.even same color. Mine does not sit flush either, but more so than yours. I canā€™t see gap light nor any leaks. Because they do overlap eachother and sit on a lip from the other panels; I would think it canā€™t sit totally flush. But light through no no no

BCD83B01-ADC9-40A0-B44A-CE46D9334175.jpeg

A0A6BF86-0C22-48B5-AAFF-8FF026A301FB.jpeg

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a two door as wellā€¦.even same color. Mine does not sit flush either, but more so than yours. I canā€™t see gap light nor any leaks. Because they do overlap eachother and sit on a lip from the other panels; I would think it canā€™t sit totally flush. But light through no no no

Ford Bronco Hardtop fitment issues A0A6BF86-0C22-48B5-AAFF-8FF026A301FB

oops. Weight video too lol

Kramku1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine looks way more raised on the driver side and fits like a glove on passenger side but no leaks in the carwash, I'm leaving well alone besides going softop next summer.

Heeba

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Since day 1 Ive alignment and wind noise issues.. Front panels dont sit flush and I can actually feel air between the 2 panels above the passenger seat. My dealer has attempted to adjust the top a couple times only to make it worse. Its currently in the shop now being readjusted back to how it was. If I shine a flashlight from the outside rear corner where the front panel meets the clamshell I can see light on the inside. Theyre basically telling me thats just how its designed and theres nothing else they can do. Ive already messaged Ford on here and waiting for a reply but curious if anyone has had similar issues and what results did you get.

Sorry to hear. It looks like Ford has a TSB on thisā€¦

July 21, 2022

MANUFACTURER COMMUNICATION NUMBER: TSB 22-2288

Components: STRUCTURE

NHTSA ID Number: 10216460

Manufacturer Communication Number: TSB 22-2288

Summary

Some 2021-2022 Bronco vehicles equipped with a hard top roof may exhibit symptoms from the front roof panels that sit at an uneven height which may result in a poor appearance, excessive wind noise, water leaks and/or difficulty latching. This may be due to incorrect vertical adjustment of the front roof panel latch strikers. To correct this condition, follow the Service Procedure to adjust the front panel latch strikers.

OP
OP
ChrisB351

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

July 21, 2022

Summary

Some 2021-2022 Bronco vehicles equipped with a hard top roof may exhibit symptoms from the front roof panels that sit at an uneven height which may result in a poor appearance, excessive wind noise, water leaks and/or difficulty latching. This may be due to incorrect vertical adjustment of the front roof panel latch strikers. To correct this condition, follow the Service Procedure to adjust the front panel latch strikers.

My dealer has tried that. It brings the front latches down. My problem is the rear latches. They did this and it actually caused my front left panel to bind and not release from the front inner alignment pin and its currently back at the shop getting fixed. The way I see it is if they pull the front down thats gonna raise the rear so thats countering my issue.

Sponsored

Bronco71

Badlands
First Name
Scottie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1979 F250 Ranger Lariat, 1980 CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never had mine leak from a car wash. It has been caught in light rains a couple of times and for some reason leaks out of overhead switch console. Took it to dealer this am and just got a call that they had a service bulletin and were going to start removing interior trim. They said I should have it back sometime Wednesday.

Mike Kleen

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG Base MIC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Never had mine leak from a car wash. It has been caught in light rains a couple of times and for some reason leaks out of overhead switch console. Took it to dealer this am and just got a call that they had a service bulletin and were going to start removing interior trim. They said I should have it back sometime Wednesday.
Mine has something like this. If it sits under steady rain/mist for a while I guess some water wicks or oozes under the seal. When I start driving maybe 1-2tbsp of water drips onto the back seat from the back of the middle panel passenger side. Car wash... nothing.

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

July 21, 2022

Summary

Can anyone provide a copy of this procedure?

OP
OP
ChrisB351

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can anyone provide a copy of this procedure?

Ford
2021-2022 Bronco
Hard top roof

Issue: Some 2021-2022 Bronco vehicles equipped with a hard top roof may exhibit symptoms from the front roof panels that sit at an uneven height which may result in a poor appearance, excessive wind noise, water leaks and/or difficulty latching. This may be due to incorrect vertical adjustment of the front roof panel latch strikers. To correct this condition, follow the Service Procedure to adjust the front panel latch strikers.

Action: Follow the Service Procedure to correct the condition on vehicles that meet all of the following criteria:

ā€¢ 2021-2022 Bronco
ā€¢ Equipped with a factory hard top roof
ā€¢ Front roof panels that sit at an uneven height which may result in poor appearance, excessive wind noise, water leaks and/or difficulty latching
Warranty Status: Eligible under provisions of New Vehicle Limited Warranty (NVLW)/Service Part Warranty (SPW)/Special Service Part (SSP)/Extended Service Plan (ESP) coverage. Limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. NVLW/SPW/SSP/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.

Labor Times

DescriptionOperation No.Time
2021-2022 Bronco: Adjust The Strikers Following The Service Procedure (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)
222288A​
1.2 Hrs.​
Repair/Claim Coding

Causal Part:78030A97
Condition Code:12

Ford Bronco Hardtop fitment issues 1672407984444

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford
2021-2022 Bronco
Hard top roof

Issue: Some 2021-2022 Bronco vehicles equipped with a hard top roof may exhibit symptoms from the front roof panels that sit at an uneven height which may result in a poor appearance, excessive wind noise, water leaks and/or difficulty latching. This may be due to incorrect vertical adjustment of the front roof panel latch strikers. To correct this condition, follow the Service Procedure to adjust the front panel latch strikers.

Action: Follow the Service Procedure to correct the condition on vehicles that meet all of the following criteria:

Warranty Status: Eligible under provisions of New Vehicle Limited Warranty (NVLW)/Service Part Warranty (SPW)/Special Service Part (SSP)/Extended Service Plan (ESP) coverage. Limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. NVLW/SPW/SSP/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.

Labor Times

DescriptionOperation No.Time
2021-2022 Bronco: Adjust The Strikers Following The Service Procedure (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)
222288A​
1.2 Hrs.​
Repair/Claim Coding

Causal Part:78030A97
Condition Code:12

Ford Bronco Hardtop fitment issues 1672407984444
Thank you!!
Sponsored