Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2, 2021 Ford Expedition limited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Went to Michael’s craft store this morning and picked up thin sheets of adhesive Eva Foam and applied at each location where a pin from roof panel goes into frame, noise is gone. Thank god , was ready to drive thru showroom window 😃

image.jpg
Sponsored

Hornet

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
good to hear, do you happen to have a pic where you installed the foam?

thanks
Went to Michael’s craft store this morning and picked up thin sheets of adhesive Eva Foam and applied at each location where a pin from roof panel goes into frame, noise is gone. Thank god , was ready to drive thru showroom window 😃

Ford Bronco Hardtop popping noise image
Pictures of location etc ?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

good to hear, do you happen to have a pic where you installed the foam?

thanks
It’s the guide pins. Easiest and permanent fix is wrap the pin in electrical tape. Don’t go crazy tight double wrap is plenty. There are 2 pins on the front panels and 4 or the middle panel of a 4 door. Here is one of the front pins. My first fix was wrapping in plastic wrapper from the garbage at a gas station.

2FB9E2F5-AD9B-4D79-A1C5-F701CB8A6DEF.jpeg

Ryno

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks for the tip on the electrical tape. For anyone putting this off as I did for months. Do it. I only had one pin making noise and it didn’t (or I thought it didn’t) bother me all that much but it so pleasant to drive without the noise

Good4Nuthin

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It’s the guide pins. Easiest and permanent fix is wrap the pin in electrical tape. Don’t go crazy tight double wrap is plenty. There are 2 pins on the front panels and 4 or the middle panel of a 4 door. Here is one of the front pins. My first fix was wrapping in plastic wrapper from the garbage at a gas station.

Ford Bronco Hardtop popping noise 2FB9E2F5-AD9B-4D79-A1C5-F701CB8A6DEF
5 minutes and electrical tape solved it. Thanks for making me sane while driving again!
Sponsored