Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone have a clue on how to get the prep kit when you switch from MIC to ST? Do you just let your dealer know you want the soft top and prep kit will be included? Will it show in a new order sheet? I saw someone post a new order sheet and shows soft top but nothing that indicates a prep kit. My dealer is kinda clueless when i contacted him and i just want to make sure he doesnā€™t screw it upā€¦
Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's automatically included on every soft top vehicle produced starting in September.

If yours is built before September you won't get it.
Here's the Q&A from Bronco Nation

32198.jpeg

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone have a clue on how to get the prep kit when you switch from MIC to ST? Do you just let your dealer know you want the soft top and prep kit will be included? Will it show in a new order sheet? I saw someone post a new order sheet and shows soft top but nothing that indicates a prep kit. My dealer is kinda clueless when i contacted him and i just want to make sure he doesnā€™t screw it upā€¦
I think the ā€œprep kitā€ will be installed...meaning the control lever on your steering column, the hoses and wires etc. You wonā€™t be installing anything ..so if the time comes and you want a hard top it will be plug and play.

ā€˜All you have to do is look at most any Ford Demo Bronco with a soft top and you will see the connections in the back For the hardtop. This will be the same thing

OP
OP
mtap

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the ā€œprep kitā€ will be installed...meaning the control lever on your steering column, the hoses and wires etc. You wonā€™t be installing anything ..so if the time comes and you want a hard top it will be plug and play.

ā€˜All you have to do is look at most any Ford Demo Bronco with a soft top and you will see the connections in the back For the hardtop. This will be the same thing
Someone had an actual pic of the prep kit so i didnā€™t think the install was included.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mtap

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's automatically included on every soft top vehicle produced starting in September.

If yours is built before September you won't get it.

Just me being paranoid, but does this mean even people that ordered a soft top and donā€™t want a hard top will get a prep kit if they have a Sept build date?

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just me being paranoid, but does this mean even people that ordered a soft top and donā€™t want a hard top will get a prep kit if they have a Sept build date?
Any soft top built starting in September have it automatically.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I'll see if I get an August build with this week's scheduling, and if not, soft top time for September.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone had an actual pic of the prep kit so i didnā€™t think the install was included.
itā€™s probably the connections (hoses and electric) from the back panel plug-in area to the top itself.

ā€˜ā€™but the wiring and fluid hose from the front of the vehicle and the control mechanism in the lever in the steering wheel column will already be installedā€ I could be wrong

here Is the plug-in area towards the back ...in the Bronco Cargo area

Ford Bronco Hardtop Prep Kit Part Number # ? CBF9321A-D12F-4A8E-AA44-74280C2DCF12

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It will be one serious PITA to install after. Check out the jeep kit instructions and install videos.
Sponsored