hardtop prep kit

lcb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi all, I recently ordered a 2022 Bronco and am still going back and forth between the hardtop and soft top. The build page currently lists the included soft top as this:

Soft Black Cloth with Hard Top Prep Kit

I asked the ordering manager at my dealership to confirm about the hard top prep kit, and he was surprised to see it listed. I've seen the previous discussions about how going from a soft top to hardtop would disallow the use of the rear wiper and defroster because the pre-wiring would not be there.

Has anyone recently ordered a Bronco and confirmed the soft top will come pre-wired for the wiper and defroster?

thanks!
Sponsored

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I can't 'confirm' it in the sense that I haven't done an order, but I am 100% certain that is exactly what the prep kit is. This is something Ford felt forced to add after their hardtop fiasco as a way to convince customers to order fewer hardtops for the 21/22 model years

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, the hardtop prep kit is still included with a soft top.

And it’ll probably stay that way until supply for the hard top catches up with demand. At the moment switching to a soft top is still the fastest way to get your Bronco.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree. I think all Broncos will have the hard top prep kit installed regardless of configuration

Gasmcookie

Wildtrak
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I took the soft top w/ prep kit for my WildTrak. There will definitely be some after market hardtop options soon since Ford isn't keeping up.

Cybero

Black Diamond
First Name
FM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi all, I recently ordered a 2022 Bronco and am still going back and forth between the hardtop and soft top. The build page currently lists the included soft top as this:

Soft Black Cloth with Hard Top Prep Kit

I asked the ordering manager at my dealership to confirm about the hard top prep kit, and he was surprised to see it listed. I've seen the previous discussions about how going from a soft top to hardtop would disallow the use of the rear wiper and defroster because the pre-wiring would not be there.

Has anyone recently ordered a Bronco and confirmed the soft top will come pre-wired for the wiper and defroster?

thanks!
https://fordauthority.com/2021/07/2...-prep-kit-order-conversion-deadline-extended/

You may already have your answer but if not here is that link that indicates it is standard now.

Screenshot_20220922-132844.jpg
Sponsored