Sponsored

hardtop removal with factory roof rail installed?

Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am interested in the factory roof rails. Does anyone know how hard it would be to remove front and rear passenger roof sections of the hardtop.?
Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Front sections are said to be doable.......rear section, not so much as is

ColoradoDad

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Toyota FJ60
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the 2 door the 2 panels above the driver and passenger are removeable with the factory roof rack installed. On the 4 door it is the same, but the panel above the rear seat is not removable with the rack installed. It has to be removed, the panel taken off, then the roof rack reinstalled.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the 2 door the 2 panels above the driver and passenger are removeable with the factory roof rack installed. On the 4 door it is the same, but the panel above the rear seat is not removable with the rack installed. It has to be removed, the panel taken off, then the roof rack reinstalled.
Where is this info coming from?

ColoradoDad

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Toyota FJ60
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder how hard it is to re-install the roof rack. This might not be too bad if it’s as easy as my Subaru which uses some wing bolts. Takes a few mins on and off.

fastone

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak, 2013 F-150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wonder how hard it is to re-install the roof rack. This might not be too bad if it’s as easy as my Subaru which uses some wing bolts. Takes a few mins on and off.
Was wondering sorta the same thing. How much trouble do you think it will be to remove and install the roof rack? I would like to remove it when I don't plan to use it and re-install when there is a need. Really don't like the look of a roof rack but it will be needed at times.

Kayak_Nick

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Exactly. I started this very conversation 2 days ago. :) Might it also depend on WHICH factory rack you choose as well? Is there a list of what those are yet?