Sponsored

Hardtop roof material same as the trunk floor cover in Expedition?

Jeka

First Name
Jeka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Max
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi all,

I was doing some cleanup in my Expedition and noticed that the bottom side of the trunk floor cover looks the same as roof on the leaked pictures. Here are some pics from the leaked photos:

Ford Bronco Hardtop roof material same as the trunk floor cover in Expedition? -ford-broco-removable-top-front-latch-1024x657-

Ford Bronco Hardtop roof material same as the trunk floor cover in Expedition? ord-bronco-removable-top-center-latch-1024x885-

And here is the floor in my Expedition:
(I guess the same material might be in other Ford/Lincoln models)

Ford Bronco Hardtop roof material same as the trunk floor cover in Expedition? 001

Ford Bronco Hardtop roof material same as the trunk floor cover in Expedition? 002

Ford Bronco Hardtop roof material same as the trunk floor cover in Expedition? 003

If that's the case, I'll be very happy - it is very strong and nice to touch. Should be good for sound and vibration isolation as well.

A small shelf easily holds the weight of a full-size adult - I tested it :)
Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi all,

I was doing some cleanup in my Expedition and noticed that the bottom side of the trunk floor cover looks the same as roof on the leaked pictures. Here are some pics from the leaked photos:

Ford Bronco Hardtop roof material same as the trunk floor cover in Expedition? 003

If that's the case, I'll be very happy - it is very strong and nice to touch. Should be good for sound and vibration isolation as well.

The tech nowadays is awesome. It used to be everything was plastic. Now it's some sort of polymer,bla,bla,bla. Sorry I'm not a chemist but tonno covers are made the same way. Manufactures tell me they don't advertise it due to liability but you can put a 4 wheeler on them.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi all,

just hope it’s standard not a $500 option like Jeep.

Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like what I'm seeing. Jeep recently listened to their customers by adding the insulation and sound dampening option in the JL. I had to purchase and install that separately in my JK back in the day. The other thing that I am noticing is that it seems Ford has made the interior color black/dark gray. Which in my opinion is much better than the white on the inside of a Wrangler. I always thought that looked odd with the rest of the interior being tan/black and then having the top be white. I actually ended up changing that in my JL as well. Made it look much cleaner inside. I will also say that if you live in AZ then the insulation panels are an absolute must!

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Black interior and hot sun do not mix!
Agreed. Which is also why my Rubicon was cloth. Leather in the desert sun es no bueno. I just remember driving around Scottsdale and feeling the radiation coming through the jeep hard top on the top of my head. It felt really weird having basically a skull warmer when you had AC on full blast hitting you in the face :ROFLMAO:.

Side Note: I had a tan interior Jeep Liberty in Arizona as well. One day I had to park in the sun for a bit. When it came time to leave, I got in the car and when I pulled the door shut the interior handle literally came off. The sun was so intense it softened/melted the plastic on the inside. ☀?

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Agreed. Which is also why my Rubicon was cloth. Leather in the desert sun es no bueno. I just remember driving around Scottsdale and feeling the radiation coming through the jeep hard top on the top of my head. It felt really weird having basically a skull warmer when you had AC on full blast hitting you in the face :ROFLMAO:.

Side Note: I had a tan interior Jeep Liberty in Arizona as well. One day I had to park in the sun for a bit. When it came time to leave, I got in the car and when I pulled the door shut the interior handle literally came off. The sun was so intense it softened/melted the plastic on the inside. ☀?
Crack one window just a half inch. It will let out the heat pressure and stop the runaway greenhouse effect.

Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The core is basically expanded cardboard sandwiched between thin layers of molded polyurethane. That honeycomb effect you see on the inside comes from the expanded cardboard.
Hey that sounds like a sandwich panel to me!

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Crack one window just a half inch. It will let out the heat pressure and stop the runaway greenhouse effect.
So here is a little story to pass the time.

Buddy of mine's mom has an MKX. She left it set at the country club with the windows up. Came out a few hours later and the windows were down and the hatch was open. She didn't understand why. So next time it went in for service she mentioned it to the tech. He pulled out the laptop and said let me raise the temp on the sensor. She was told they have a sensor for interior temp if it gets to hot, car takes over and cools it off. Don't know how true, but it has not done it since. ??

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Buddy of mine's mom has an MKX. She left it set at the country club with the windows up. Came out a few hours later and the windows were down and the hatch was open. She didn't understand why. So next time it went in for service she mentioned it to the tech. He pulled out the laptop and said let me raise the temp on the sensor. She was told they have a sensor for interior temp if it gets to hot, car takes over and cools it off. Don't know how true, but it has not done it since. ??
I feel like I've never heard of this before. And that it would've probably happened here in Florida if it were a thing.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Hmm so if they knew where the sensor was in the cabin a thief could shine a fancy laser at it and open it up? Thats some real gone in 60 seconds stuff right there.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I had a black MKX and I live in Arizona and that never happened in the nearly 3 years I had it. The early one's and maybe still have global opening where you click the fob and the windows all open. One day at work, I discovered this feature by clicking the wrong button in the dark. Later, a co-worker told me my windows were open. I later discovered that you could actually do that. That's my one and only experience with that.
Sponsored