William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Considering that all these products recommend a heat gun for setting the adhesive I don't see why you'd have a problem with it releasing in heat. That being said I had dynamat on my Mustang from 1994 and some of them never set properly, others wouldn't come off so it's probably more of a prep issue than anything.
Sponsored

aniljavali

Badlands
First Name
Anil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands '22 & Tesla 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I took delivery of my Bronco it didn’t have the hardtop sound deadening package installed. Somewhere this got missed but Jeff at Galpin made it right and got the package delivered. I’m kind of glad it wasn’t installed as this gave me the opportunity to take advantage of a raw untreated top.

Based on a lot of people mentioning how little difference there was between the soft top and the hard top regarding outside noise I decided to add some Kilmat. And this weekend was beautiful so I started and finished that project.

I did each panel one at a time. First I removed all the latches, then laid out the factory liner, then I checked for clearance of the latches swing which led me to the areas I chose to not add treatment. Too thick under the latch and it would interfere with the throw of the latch. Next I thoroughly cleaned the entire area with isopropyl alcohol and a microfiber. Noting the interior is somewhat rough so using a cloth that wouldn’t shed or leave residual fibers was pretty important. I then hand laid each piece with the backing still applied, formed them to the contours by hand and used my thumb nail to crease in the areas I would trim. Pulled the Kilmat and cut the unneeded areas with some shop shears.

Then I laid the piece down and reformed it paying close attention to the depressions, edges and contours. I used a roller to finish each piece and made sure they were super tight. Once the entire roof section was sound deadened I would recheck the factory head liner for any overlaps to avoid having any deadened hanging out exposed. I then recleaned the surface of the entire panel with the alcohol. Next was to peel and lay the factory liner. I had noted where rack piece needed to line up so I just took my time and employed the help from my wife for the two larger sections.

Overall I’m super happy with the results. I couldn’t really put numbers down for the interior sound decibel difference but it’s substantial. Yes the roof still has a notable air flowing sound from the seams, but it’s less than it was. And I no longer feel like I’m in a tent while in the Bronco which is about what the stock hardtop sounded like. Next I will probably deaden the entire interior while I upgrade the stereo.

84B04551-1113-426E-878A-C2A51C567A61.jpeg

3BB79CFF-A631-4AB0-A20D-9476AB9CE5A7.jpeg

E01124D5-134B-49A7-BD0D-8BA3E0239366.jpeg

66C20C03-CC14-41EC-81C7-9587327D512D.jpeg

4258E1F2-D35B-477D-9631-9AC4D55C1C25.jpeg

45147229-C688-4C49-967B-383EC9E0BECC.jpeg

6ECA4740-4812-4A7B-AB51-86DF79F0365F.jpeg
so good, just perfect solution to make the rig better.
please post the links to the products you bought for this mod.

Exhaust

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Question - how do you order the High package without sound deadening? The configurator won't let you deselect it.

mlugb6ro

Badlands
First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2d Rubicon, escalade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone tried gorilla tape or something like it on the upper side seams?
Sponsored