Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone installed the Harken for a 4-door yet?

My Bronco is still a couple months out, but I'm trying to get as much done in advance as possible. Got the Harken hoist this week and trying to plan out where to position it in the garage. I'm hoping to install the wood on the rafters now, and then finish things up once I have the Bronco to get everything fine-tuned.

Problem is, I cannot find any good measurements of the rear portion of the 4-door MIC top. Presents a bit of a challenge for trying to decide where to install and how far to space things apart.

Has anyone already installed a Harken for the 4-door? What how far apart did you mount the boards?

Absent that, anyone with a 4-door MIC top able to get some basic measurements?
  • Width at the top
  • Length at the corners of the top
  • Length at the center of the top
  • Height
Sponsored

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good timing, I just measured mine this morning and waiting for the storm to pass to go pick up some lumber. Trying to decide on placement now and have had the hoist for 2 months so no guarantee it will get done this weekend.

Took pics of measurements since I have a habit of forgetting where my written notes goUsed a level on the vertical to mark the board to get the width at the bottom corners.
Height is 20.25

Ford Bronco Harken Hoist for 4-door MIC top? Looking for measurements IMG_0405

Ford Bronco Harken Hoist for 4-door MIC top? Looking for measurements IMG_0406

Measurements are from the top edge of the rear glass. The 35" is the depth at the shallowest point
Ford Bronco Harken Hoist for 4-door MIC top? Looking for measurements IMG_0407

Hope these help.

OP
OP
Natai

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good timing, I just measured mine this morning and waiting for the storm to pass to go pick up some lumber. Trying to decide on placement now and have had the hoist for 2 months so no guarantee it will get done this weekend.

Took pics of measurements since I have a habit of forgetting where my written notes goUsed a level on the vertical to mark the board to get the width at the bottom corners.
Height is 20.25

Measurements are from the top edge of the rear glass. The 35" is the depth at the shallowest point

Hope these help.
Exactly what I needed!
Let me know how your installation goes.
Thank you!

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shocked the wife and finished something I started in one day. Ceiling height is 10ft and ended up with 18" of clearance between top of roll bar and bottom of top when up all the way. Used a moving blanket between the roof and middle section. Plenty of room to put the front two pieces as well, just forgot to them there.

Front eye bolts are 47" apart. Rear eye bolts are 46" apart. Front to rear distance is 46". Seems to work well, just need to adjust the rear two eyebolts to make the pulleys have a little better angle to center block or possibly move the cross board further away from the eye bolts.
Ford Bronco Harken Hoist for 4-door MIC top? Looking for measurements IMG_0409
Ford Bronco Harken Hoist for 4-door MIC top? Looking for measurements IMG_0408

dominicenoa

Badlands
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shocked the wife and finished something I started in one day. Ceiling height is 10ft and ended up with 18" of clearance between top of roll bar and bottom of top when up all the way. Used a moving blanket between the roof and middle section. Plenty of room to put the front two pieces as well, just forgot to them there.

Front eye bolts are 47" apart. Rear eye bolts are 46" apart. Front to rear distance is 46". Seems to work well, just need to adjust the rear two eyebolts to make the pulleys have a little better angle to center block or possibly move the cross board further away from the eye bolts.
I installed mine last weekend but have been having trouble with keeping the top level while hoisting. It keeps wanting to tip backward and when it does that it actually slides along the straps.

Sponsored

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed mine last weekend but have been having trouble with keeping the top level while hoisting. It keeps wanting to tip backward and when it does that it actually slides along the straps.
Mine was doing that but when I closed the glass it went up level. Suspect it pinches the straps just enough to keep it level.

dominicenoa

Badlands
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine was doing that but when I closed the glass it went up level. Suspect it pinches the straps just enough to keep it level.
Awesome, I'll try that today and hopefully it works!

joeramirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Yukon65006 Thanks for the measurements and pictures. How long of 2x6 did you go with?

OP
OP
Natai

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Yukon65006 Thanks for the measurements and pictures. How long of 2x6 did you go with?
I believe the instructions call for 72" 2x6s, though I imagine that's to get it across a minimum number of rafters.

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Might it be due to the placement of the hoist and balancing the weight (rear is obviously heavier due to the back window) as opposed to spacing things based on the dimensions ? If so, what spacing measurements have you used? Any feedback is appreciated as I’m looking to buy or build something for the spring. Thanks.
Sponsored