Sponsored

Has any 2.7 end-users installed the Roush Exhaust yet with any "Real World" thoughts on sound/performance?

Hellion10

Badlands
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Audi A7 Prestige, '23 Tundra Capstone, ‘69 C10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody with a 2.7 install the Roush Exhaust yet with any "Real World" thoughts on sound/performance?

I know performance, if any, is going to be mild and most of us are looking to upgrade sound/look. Cool factor looks like a "10" to me, I just don't want to be the 52 year old guy driving around with a 22 year olds "Mustang Fart Box" muffler lol. Any constructive opinions highly appreciated!

Ford Bronco Has any 2.7 end-users installed the Roush Exhaust yet with any "Real World" thoughts on sound/performance? 422234
Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you install your exhaust after the catalytic converter i.e Cat-Back Exhaust, there will be zero performance gain without a dyno tune. Even then, without adding more fuel and air to the combustion cycle, it's really only for sound. This isn't an old school Naturally Aspirated engine, it is turbo'd, and in order to see any increase in power, it will need to be re-tuned.

You can decide what's "cool," but just changing your exhaust for the sake of sound or looks is exactly what a "22 year old with a Mustang fart box" would do. IMO

OP
OP
Hellion10

Hellion10

Badlands
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you install your exhaust after the catalytic converter i.e Cat-Back Exhaust, there will be zero performance gain without a dyno tune. Even then, without adding more fuel and air to the combustion cycle, it's really only for sound. This isn't an old school Naturally Aspirated engine, it is turbo'd, and in order to see any increase in power, it will need to be re-tuned.

You can decide what's "cool," but just changing your exhaust for the sake of sound or looks is exactly what a "22 year old with a Mustang fart box" would do. IMO
Thanks for the reality check, this is exactly what my "bored and want to buy stuff for bronco itchy trigger finger" needed to hear! lol.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the reality check, this is exactly what my "bored and want to buy stuff for bronco itchy trigger finger" needed to hear! lol.
I feel you, bro. Like a lot of others here, I sold my toy to make garage space for the Bronco and have some extra cash burning a hole in my pocket too. I keep reminding myself to save it for trips, gas money and safety/recovery gear once we get on the trails finally.

jdawg

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas/65Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just might be that old guy who would do what the 22 y/o would do. Recently helped drop my sons Jetta and get him set up with rims and tires which look awesome imo. Can't wait to do some "make it my bronco" stuff (when it arrives). Exhaust might be one. I have looked at Borla and Flowmaster but have yet to hear one that really makes a low rumble. I had placed Flowmasters on 6 cylinders before and they sounded great. I just have always liked a deep tone. If someone finds one that really drops the tone, I would love to know which one it is.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Hellion10

Hellion10

Badlands
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just might be that old guy who would do what the 22 y/o would do. Recently helped drop my sons Jetta and get him set up with rims and tires which look awesome imo. Can't wait to do some "make it my bronco" stuff (when it arrives). Exhaust might be one. I have looked at Borla and Flowmaster but have yet to hear one that really makes a low rumble. I had placed Flowmasters on 6 cylinders before and they sounded great. I just have always liked a deep tone. If someone finds one that really drops the tone, I would love to know which one it is.
The "hype" videos of dealer installs says the Roush does this, actually quieter at Idle than stock, but lower "aggressive" tone than stock when you stick the pedal.

I've never been accused of being really mature even at 52, and love my toys lol. I have a Fully Built/Restored '69 C10 with a stroked 454(491) with custom headers, 3" Stainless exhaust and a 2 into 1 Spinach muffler that sounds goooood. Like many, I do however get annoyed with some Hondas, Subarus, Mustangs and Mopars making more noise than my '69 but not going anywhere fast lol. Don't want to be that guy.

Just was wondering if there were any people driving with one everyday yet with differing opinions.

Last edited:

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm patiently waiting for borla and AWE to drop theirs.

Dorzoff

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Play with the intake and blow off valve. It will change the sound deeper

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The Roush system was one of the first ones we installed and reviewed on our First Edition and I definitely enjoyed it. Deep bass type tone to it with no rasp or anything like that.

OP
OP
Hellion10

Hellion10

Badlands
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do like mine….gotta admit it does take a little getting used to hearing all the shift points of a 10 speed tranny tho 😂
Sponsored