Sponsored

Has any one installed the RC hidden winch with 2.7 engine and HD Modular bumper?

JScheier

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2dr Wildtrak, '11 BMW M3, '96 Ford Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I may know more this evening... depending on how much time I have to spend on it.
Got the winch mounted to the plate and figured out the relocation of the control module (the VR EVO 10 control pack can actually use the RC relocation bracket). Figured out the wiring route and that I won't need to extend the + / - cables.

Couldn't get any further due to the missing RC parts. I did go through the parts they did include in the box. The larger bag actually isn't even for this kit.

Also, second trip to Home Depot to grab M12 x 1.75 X50mm bolts to secure the Warn fair lead to the RC front bash plate. Also grabbed (2) M10 x 1.50 x 35mm bolts to mount the relocation bracket to the winch plate. Due to the crazy shape of the VR, needed shorter bolts and some spacers to get the relocation bracket to clear the winch housing.

RC missing parts should be here tomorrow (Friday). Fingers crossed they send the right parts. Really only need the crazy nuts that are slid into the frame to mount the winch plate to the core support and the spacers for the inter-cooler. I can work around all the other items should they not show up.
Sponsored

JScheier

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, the missing parts arrive from Rough Country today. I open up the FedEx package and it’s the same #^**! parts as before. I called them up (again) and got a very helpful person. He identified that the parts bag I need is back-ordered and should be ready to ship by next Friday. It’s got 4 pieces I need: (2) I intercooler spacers and (2) nuts on a stick :) to mount the winch plate to the core support. Neither of which I can get locally. So, bumper and OEM bash plate is back on. So close.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just an FYI, I made a handle to engage/disengage clutch that mounts to radiator support when not in use. It works with my Rugged Ridge winch that has a horizontal, 90 degree pull and turn clutch. Another shape may work with other winches.
Ford Bronco Has any one installed the RC hidden winch with 2.7 engine and HD Modular bumper? 20220819_120934
Ford Bronco Has any one installed the RC hidden winch with 2.7 engine and HD Modular bumper? 20220819_155255

Last edited:
OP
OP
SCBronco1

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So, the missing parts arrive from Rough Country today. I open up the FedEx package and it’s the same #^**! parts as before. I called them up (again) and got a very helpful person. He identified that the parts bag I need is back-ordered and should be ready to ship by next Friday. It’s got 4 pieces I need: (2) I intercooler spacers and (2) nuts on a stick :) to mount the winch plate to the core support. Neither of which I can get locally. So, bumper and OEM bash plate is back on. So close.
Would have been nice of them to tell you from the beginning!

JScheier

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Would have been nice of them to tell you from the beginning!
I agree. In the big scheme of things, everyone makes mistakes. New parts shipped out yesterday and should have them Thursday. Will most likely wrap up the install Friday evening.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SCBronco1

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I agree. In the big scheme of things, everyone makes mistakes. New parts shipped out yesterday and should have them Thursday. Will most likely wrap up the install Friday evening.
I am excited to hear how you like it when finished.

Hatman

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Other threads on this topic. Looks like a serious pain to install but the best looking winch option IMO.

I watched this video a few times and I think I may tackle the install. My only concern is I have a Badlands model and I’m hesitant to trash the air louvers to the oil cooler. Why would those only be on the Badlands models and not the other 2.7s?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I watched this video a few times and I think I may tackle the install. My only concern is I have a Badlands model and I’m hesitant to trash the air louvers to the oil cooler. Why would those only be on the Badlands models and not the other 2.7s?
I am pretty sure that they are on my OBX too. I am going to get under there today again. If I have them, I will add more here later.

I am just about to cut the frame horns today... my extended warranty isn't worth much it seems anyway.

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m wondering the same. The active louvers on the front are to improve gas mileage by routing wind around vs. through the vehicle at higher speeds. Not sure what the passive louvers on the back are for. Did you go through with it?

Hatman

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m wondering the same. The active louvers on the front are to improve gas mileage by routing wind around vs. through the vehicle at higher speeds. Not sure what the passive louvers on the back are for. Did you go through with it?
I decided to wait for the Lobo HNT winch plate instead. I like the design and durability over the RC hidden winch plate.
Sponsored