Sponsored

Has any one mounted real offroad tires yet?

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just wondering if anyone has any pics of aggressive tires on their new Bronco. Anyone with Swampers, Maxxis, Mickeys, Goodyear MTRs?
Anyone taken a stab at bias plys yet? As some of you may know when I get a Bronco, I will be getting Super Swampers, probably a TSL SX, maybe a oddball size like 34", 36", or 38"(with lift). I know they will look amazing and perform like no other. Street pics are fine but if you got some off pavement even better. First person to mount Boggers get a round of applause and a free coconut if you come to Twin Falls on Maui!
Sponsored

JMB

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All Fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just wondering if anyone has any pics of aggressive tires on their new Bronco. Anyone with Swampers, Maxxis, Mickeys, Goodyear MTRs?
Anyone taken a stab at bias plys yet? As some of you may know when I get a Bronco, I will be getting Super Swampers, probably a TSL SX, maybe a oddball size like 34", 36", or 38"(with lift). I know they will look amazing and perform like no other. Street pics are fine but if you got some off pavement even better. First person to mount Boggers get a round of applause and a free coconut if you come to Twin Falls on Maui!
Does Mickey Thompson ET series count?

OP
OP
MaverickMan

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I ever get my bronco, I'll have a set of beadlocks with 36" TSL mounted just for crawling. Same tires I crawl with in my 71'.

OP
OP
MaverickMan

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If I ever get my bronco, I'll have a set of beadlocks with 36" TSL mounted just for crawling. Same tires I crawl with in my 71'.
Nice. I've been known to have 2 sets of tires for different uses before.

Sponsored

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You really aren't wheeling until you are rocking the old school Interco thornbird TSL super swampers on 15 in American Racing AR-39 wheels with color matching inserts.

OP
OP
MaverickMan

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You really aren't wheeling until you are rocking the old school Interco thornbird TSL super swampers on 15 in American Racing AR-39 wheels with color matching inserts.
Spoken like a true Ohioan. Thornbirds arent my favorite but they do outgun every AT and most(70% or so) radial MTs. I'm from Dayton and bought a set of Boggers with 40% tread left for $200 and wheeled them on 3 CJs and a Bronco over 7 years. Eventually had to sipe and cut the treads after I damaged 3 different tops(soft/hard/bikini) in 1 week. When I sold the CJ5 they were mounted on white 15x10 Firestone Wagons. Still had enough tread to get me through my last ohio winter.

7722 Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST/ 2019 F350 CC DRW 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looking at a second set for wheeling. I'm old school and like the Ground Hawgs. Back in the day it was the Ground Hawgs and the Swampers for mudding.

Ford Bronco Has any one mounted real offroad tires yet? Screenshot_20211008-101844_Gallery

OP
OP
MaverickMan

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looking at a second set for wheeling. I'm old school and like the Ground Hawgs. Back in the day it was the Ground Hawgs and the Swampers for mudding.

Screenshot_20211008-101844_Gallery.jpg
Yep I had a set of 38.5s that were headed for my van before I changed plans to move to hawaii. ended up putting 33 M/T Deegans MTs i got on sale. Was better for the trip to run on new tires instead of used. Ground Hawgs are serious tires though. Everything else is just for looks.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Ford Bronco Has any one mounted real offroad tires yet? Screenshot_20211008-101844_Gallery
Back in the day at the Mud Hops it was either Ground Hawgs or Gumbo Monster Mudders for the win until Interco came out with the 3 stage lug. Especially for the 33" and under class as the 33" TSL Swamper was measuring well over 33".

Sponsored

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Back in the day at the Mud Hops it was either Ground Hawgs or Gumbo Monster Mudders for the win until Interco came out with the 3 stage lug. Especially for the 33" and under class as the 33" TSL Swamper was measuring well over 33".
Do you remember the Fruitland Mud Hop?

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you remember the Fruitland Mud Hop?
I remember I went to one down that way as a spectator. The ones I went to were at Cecil County Dragway Maryland.
Sponsored