Sponsored

Has anybody had to switch dealers? Is that even possible?

Big_Ed

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I very recently accepted a job in another state. Specifically, I currently live in Seattle and the new job is in Portland. I have a second week Badlands reservation that has yet to be processed into an order. While I guess there's still a chance at a 2021 year Bronco, at this point I'm assuming I wont get it until 2022, especially because mine is a two door. Obviously I don't want to have to drive up to Seattle to pick up my Bronco, plus, Oregon has no sales tax, so buying the Bronco in Portland saves me about $6000. Is it possible to switch dealers? Has anyone needed to do this?
Sponsored

BubbaBronc

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FoMoCo
Your Bronco Model
Base
I very recently accepted a job in another state. Specifically, I currently live in Seattle and the new job is in Portland. I have a second week Badlands reservation that has yet to be processed into an order. While I guess there's still a chance at a 2021 year Bronco, at this point I'm assuming I wont get it until 2022, especially because mine is a two door. Obviously I don't want to have to drive up to Seattle to pick up my Bronco, plus, Oregon has no sales tax, so buying the Bronco in Portland saves me about $6000. Is it possible to switch dealers? Has anyone needed to do this?
I tried, the "window" closed in the spring. Not really sure why it needs to be so formal, it's not like they're loading mine on the train/truck anytime soon.

If you have better luck than me, please let me know.

Gasherbrum

Base
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Off Road, Beater Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you're an Oregon resident when you purchase the car and will register the car in Oregon I don't believe you're subject to Washington State sales tax so you should be fine. I'm originally from Seattle, but my knowledge is little rusty after 20 years in the "other" Washington. This link isn't definitive but may help: https://www.dickhannah.com/auto-blog/oregon-residents-pay-sales-tax-cars-washington/

OP
OP
Big_Ed

Big_Ed

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you're an Oregon resident when you purchase the car and will register the car in Oregon I don't believe you're subject to Washington State sales tax so you should be fine. I'm originally from Seattle, but my knowledge is little rusty after 20 years in the "other" Washington. This link isn't definitive but may help: https://www.dickhannah.com/auto-blog/oregon-residents-pay-sales-tax-cars-washington/
That would be great news if I don't have to pay the tax, thanks for the info, I'll definitely look more into that. That said, it would still be much preferable to be able to get the car in the Portland area as opposed to having to drive all the way up to Bellevue to get the Bronco whenever it's available. Still, the biggest concern is the sales tax, so that's great news if I don't need to worry about that aspect of it.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The tax goes by where you live, but watch out. I'm going in the other direction and I know that I have to get the Bronco 90 or more days before I move from OR to WA to avoid the WA tax. Wouldn't shock me if WA had some kind of time period after you move south during which they claim you still owe sales tax. They don't like it when it looks like a purchase was structured in a certain way to avoid tax.
Sponsored