Sponsored

Has Anyone Actually Received Help From The Ford "Send Us Your Vin" Guy?

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In my case I had a total failure of the ABS module. The FMC social media person reached out and I provided them with the requested information. I got a call a week later (from an incredibly nice woman) telling me my case had been closed before I could even get it into the dealer. They couldn't help me get seen sooner and had no information on TSBs or other relevant information. What exactly does "I'll look into on my end" even mean? Is it just Ford's way of pretending to care, or are there instances where Ford has actually been helpful?
Sponsored

ToddLabbq

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They did a very good job on my case as my turbo actuator failed at 140 miles. The part was expedited and was fixed in less than a week . I also received compensation in the form of an extended powertrain warranty.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Their reaching out for your VIN and offering to “help” is simply them booking you an appointment. You can do this quicker yourself over the phone.

And if you’re a Canadian customer and they reach out to help, they’ll tell you there’s nothing they can do once they find out you’re from Canada.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Didnt we all come to the conclusion that it was a bot that compliments jeeps when you mention Bronco in the title.

Dingbat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars, bikes, canoes, sailboats…
Your Bronco Model
Base
They did nothing for me but generate another phone call from one of their customer service reps. who ended up getting pissy with me because I asked him to actually try to do something rather than just brush me off with “It must be the dealer’s fault.”

Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Bots never help

MaddSkillzzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Morris Minor Traveller
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have sent them multiple issues with no one calling me and me making an appointment and nothing actually being done. I guess its their way of trying to make us believe they care and will help.

Carbon Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15 Bronco New Lime 302ci
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Their reaching out for your VIN and offering to “help” is simply them booking you an appointment. You can do this quicker yourself over the phone.

And if you’re a Canadian customer and they reach out to help, they’ll tell you there’s nothing they can do once they find out you’re from Canada.
There's no helping Canadians.
Ford Bronco Has Anyone Actually Received Help From The Ford "Send Us Your Vin" Guy? 1671290035548
Now Confirmed True. :ROFLMAO:

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They took my information and had a customer service rep reach out to me. So yes, they created a case. I was offered (after asking) compensation for my issue via the rep.

The socia media rep is not a bot.

Sponsored

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The first time, they refunded (via the dealership) for the rental I had to pay out of pocket for when I had to leave my bronco at service for a couple of days. They were fixing the door alignment (was chipping paint on body and causing the window to cut in to the weatherstripping).

The second time, they were absolutely useless. The issue was a combo of the drive shaft recall and the Bronco double honking at me every single time I started it due to 'no key detected'.
They tried calling me once and I was in a meeting so I couldn't answer. They left no voicemail. When I tried to get contact details to call back they kept avoiding answering the question.

When I finally got them to respond with SOMETHING the answer was 'talk to the service writer at the dealership'.

That and previous interactions with Ford and the dealer is why I got rid of the Bronco and will not buy another Ford . I'm done with them.

I'm loving my Jeep.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also, I don't believe they're a bot. They're just a person doing a job and they don't really have any power to help beyond opening a customer service case, which Ford then completely botches.

Fillups

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Expedition EL
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’m holding out hope that they will help, if needed. But it’s too early to tell in my case - which is the manual transmission issue - grinding sound in neutral, especially when cold. the person that DM’d me back left a contact number, but I also got a call from dealer svc manager the same day so giving them some time to chat it out and discuss parts availability, etc.

I’m sure there is a person typing the messages with some canned replies, and they have robotic process to identify which threads need to be monitored. At least it shows some effort for FoMoCo to chat with the end users, not just dealer principals.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. Had a Ford rep that tracked my issue through the dealership and checked on me often. Started as a post here with the Ford Rep.
Sponsored