Sponsored

Has anyone already ordered wheels and tires? I'm I the only crazy one?

jimwalston

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition 2017 STI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
From my research, the wheels for the Rangers will fit with a 93.1 mm hub bore. You know how a lot of things are backordered and some of the wheels I'm looking at are low on stock. I've been waiting for almost 4 months for Bilstein shocks for my Expedition
My reservation date is 7/16 716 timestamp BASE manual
I'm looking at 16x8.5 +18 offset or 17x8.5 +18mm offset with 285/75 (33"x12") or 35/12.5 tires.
Thanks
Jim
Sponsored

HankG13

Outer Banks
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Subaru WRX, 1990 Mustang LX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If I get any sort of aftermarket wheel, it will be a one-off set through BC Forged. I won't order anything until I know 100% what my build plan is and the exact dimensions/measurements will need to be.

harperrb

Wildtrak
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I will not be ordering tires/wheels for a vehicle I dont have and wont know when I will. I have a 7/14 res.
Yeah, I'm with you. I'm likely to keep the same tires and switch to a new 17" wheel. It's just hard to pull the trigger until I have the bronco in a shop and know the offsets and where it's going to rub. I want to get a bit more aggressive offset for future wider wheels.

OP
OP

jimwalston

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition 2017 STI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know I can't believe I'm about order wheels for vehicle that is not even built yet. Since, I'm getting the base I want new wheels/tires to go on right away. I feel safe with the 285/75 and +18mm offset, if I do order them.

Sponsored

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would like to order wheels now, but I need to know there won't be any rubbing with my new wheels and tire size. So until either someone tries it first and I see how it looks, I won't be able to order.
The only way around this is if Ford or aftermarket can tell us positively - this wheel is for the Bronco and will fit this size tire on a xxxx model without SASQ.

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Haven't ordered them yet, but will pull the trigger as soon as I get notice my Bronco is on the way.

Going to run the 35" Patagonia Mts :
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...agonia-mt-lt31570r17-35x12-50r17lt-121118q-d8

For wheels it'll either be the Method beadlocks or Raceline beadlocks.

I saw some prototypes of the planned Venomrex beadlocks, but don't know if or when those would be available. Their rotary forging process is pretty cool, producing a strong, light wheel that isn't too bad price wise.

OP
OP

jimwalston

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition 2017 STI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Right on Tech Tim. I'm looking at the same tires but in 33". Great reviews and price.

Litestorm17

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger XLT 4WD, 06 Focus ZX5 2.5L Swap
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m about to, but only if I can verify some things first. My current 3rd Gen 4Runner uses the 6x139.7 lug pattern. So if I can get something that fits it, and move it over to the Bronco when it comes, I will. Otherwise, I’ll wait to make sure everything fits.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought wheels for my ranger, if they happen to fit the Bronco... Which I'm 99 percent sure they will then I'll have wheels on the same day I take her home. Lol. Then I'll just have to order one more wheel and tire for the spare. 🙃
Ford Bronco Has anyone already ordered wheels and tires?  I'm I the only crazy one? PSX_20201024_203155

Sponsored

baddb

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru / Ford P/U
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I want to get 33" for my Big Bend, but will they fit on the stock 17" wheels?

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes.
I've had a set of 5 of the Fifteen52's in the shop storage for a few months now.
Black Friday special, I couldn't resist it.
When I get the new ride, immediately going with 35" KM3's and selling the stock BL stuff.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ahhh, I already looked well into this before placing my order and deciding on Sasquatch or not on my base Bronco. I read and read the forum here to determine the bore size, offsets, etc. of wheels and looked at what offerings there are out there for Ford Ranger- which seems to match up- bore size and bolt pattern. I found a couple of wheels close to the Bronco's specified offsets that were for the Ford Ranger on Tire Rack. None that had the exact matching offset of the Bronco though.

Figuring that many others would be doing the same thing, looking for wheels, lift kits, shocks, etc. Manufacturer's of wheels, etc. would at some point start making supply for the Bronco although who knows when and what quantities. It would be crazy, limited supply, high prices and lots of people looking and buying. I suspect many back, order situations. So, to me, I quickly aborted and got the build from Ford the way I wanted it- with the small lift, 35" tires and Bilstein shocks- Sasquatch all the way. No worries about getting aftermarket parts and stress waiting. Waiting long enough for the Bronco as it is, so why wait anymore for parts to get it the way I really want it.

Deleted member 19381

Since I will be driving my BD edition all year round, my first set will be some steelies from a Ranger with General Alti-MAX Arctics or Firestone Winterforce II's on it.

Buckman19

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr BD non sas carbonG
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I did! Black rhino OZARKs 17x9.5 gunmetal.....
Sponsored