Sponsored

Has anyone cancelled their reservation yet? I'm about to...

Have you thought about backing out on your plans to get a new Bronco?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamberlin

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know the pricing and build guide hasn't even been released yet, but I am now planning to cancel my reservation. Many factors went into this decision and I'm still excited about the Bronco overall, but for now, it appears that a big off-road truck lifestyle isn't in the cards for me. As you are all probably wondering, here are the things which have led me to putting off the Bronco purchase; in no particular order of importance:
  • No dark green metallic paint option (yet)
  • No manual transmission with V6 option
  • No manual transmission option even with I4 option on my desired Outer Banks/Sasquatch trim
  • No port injection on the I4 engines (if I was forced to go that route to get a manual)
  • After likely paying $52K+ for the truck, I would want to spend another $10-15K on wheels, tires, vinyl wrap, winch, factory accessories, camping gear, etc. and I'm just not financially ready to support a $65K toy (trying to be honest with myself here, as I could afford it, but it would be a stretch)
  • My work commute has recently been extended, and this would be my only vehicle, so I'm not too excited about longer drives on-road with an off-road vehicle (been there, done that... I like road cars for road travel)
  • Too long a lead time just to order and then wait another 7+ months for arrival of vehicle (I tend to exhibit compulsive behavior, and all this initial waiting and the prospect of even more waiting was really starting to grind on me)
  • Poor trade-in valuation on my current vehicle, and even worse when the Bronco would be delivered in June 2021 (nothing to do with the Bronco itself obviously, but it's still a factor in my decision)
  • General uncertainty in current economic/political climate (not a huge factor, but still carries weight)
Things that have *not* swayed me away from a 2021 Bronco purchase are: concerns of '1st year production issues', lack of interior color options, 3500 lbs. towing limit, no official storage for 2 doors when removed, no painted fenders for Sasquatch Outer Banks trims, and ugly factory wheel offerings. I am/was fully willing to deal with all of that stuff.

Bottom line, I will definitely revisit the Bronco lifestyle again in in the future as I truly believe this Bronco 're-imagined' will be a huge success story for Ford. For now however, I will be bowing out. Cheers all!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.