Sponsored

Has Anyone Changed Dealerships After Placing Their Orders?

What Should I Do With My Current Dealer

• You Still Have the Ability to Transfer, you should push back

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You Don’t Have the Ability to Transfer, $1,500 is the cost of maintaining your order

• You Don’t Have the Ability to Transfer, you should allow them to Cancel your order.

• Bonus: Change Your Order to a MIC and get it Sooner

• Total voters

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was curious if anyone else’s dealership threatened to revoke their Bronco Orders?

My original order (Prior to the March announcement) was for a late 2021 Bronco Badlands. That meant my agreement came with a down payment to the dealership for $1,500.

Unfortunately, my build requirements place my Bronco order “possibly” in 2023. Now, with the rate we’ve seen for production delays and the lack of information regarding the Painted Modular Roof delays, I’m losing confidence and my patience is waining.

I decided to ask what my $1,500 down payment 2 years ahead bought me, and apparently it’s not goodwill. It’s threats they won’t just cancel my order.

Do I even benefit anymore with my spot in line? Am I able to transfer a $55K vehicle to another dealership who will honor a lesser ‘reservation holding’ price so that $1,500 isn’t just floating in the dealership’s vault, doing nothing for me?

Has anyone else’s dealership told them to go ef themselves for even considering the thought of holding $1,500 for two years is unconscionable?

I could use some input. I’ve included voting options, too.
Sponsored

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The SHow
I was curious if anyone else’s dealership threatened to revoke their Bronco Orders?

My original order (Prior to the March announcement) was for a late 2021 Bronco Badlands. That meant my agreement came with a down payment to the dealership for $1,500.

Unfortunately, my build requirements place my Bronco order “possibly” in 2023. Now, with the rate we’ve seen for production delays and the lack of information regarding the Painted Modular Roof delays, I’m losing confidence and my patience is waining.

I decided to ask what my $1,500 down payment 2 years ahead bought me, and apparently it’s not goodwill. It’s threats they won’t just cancel my order.

Do I even benefit anymore with my spot in line? Am I able to transfer a $55K vehicle to another dealership who will honor a lesser ‘reservation holding’ price so that $1,500 isn’t just floating in the dealership’s vault, doing nothing for me?

Has anyone else’s dealership told them to go ef themselves for even considering the thought of holding $1,500 for two years is unconscionable?

I could use some input. I’ve included voting options, too.
The Show me state is giving you a real hard decision to make. Thats just shady business in my opinion. Be careful.

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The SHow

The Show me state is giving you a real hard decision to make. Thats just shady business in my opinion. Be careful.
I agree…

I don’t believe it was ethical whatsoever for the dealership to make such a decision.

BigBlue99

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Jeep Wrangler Willy's, Porsche Cayenne
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes I did change Dealerships. The one I originally chose when placing the order with Ford did not communicate at all, so I contacted Ford, and they were very good about sending the order to my new Dealer, my original $100 depo was refunded, but the new Ford Dealer acknowledged they got the transferred order and that it still was in its place, Ford controls that not the Dealer, and now my Bronco is Built and supposedly on its way!! My new Dealer is thrilled since it looks to be the first one they will get...

Attachments

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes I did change Dealerships. The one I originally chose when placing the order with Ford did not communicate at all, so I contacted Ford, and they were very good about sending the order to my new Dealer, my original $100 depo was refunded, but the new Ford Dealer acknowledged they got the transferred order and that it still was in its place, Ford controls that not the Dealer, and now my Bronco is Built and supposedly on its way!! My new Dealer is thrilled since it looks to be the first one they will get...
Did you contact Ford through their website, or was there another portal you went through?

Sponsored

BigBlue99

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did you contact Ford through their website, or was there another portal you went through?

I called Ford Customer Serrvice, Ford controls your order, not the Dealer, you should not had to have put down $1500, it was just $100 reservation deposit, and you chose the dealer

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I called Ford Customer Serrvice, Ford controls your order, not the Dealer, you should not had to have put down $1500, it was just $100 reservation deposit, and you chose the dealer
I appreciate your input.

I hoped they’d be rational, but instead they threatened to cancel my order in its entirety, so I wasn’t going to give them a response then and there before I had a better understanding of what my rights were.

BigBlue99

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You'll be fine on the order with Ford, but on the $1500 the Dealer controls that....

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You'll be fine on the order with Ford, but on the $1500 the Dealer controls that....
That should be manageable. The agreement was on a 2021; which they can’t deliver on. Even if it was a 2022, I’d of been more inclined to say ‘whatever,’ but 2023 is a long freakin time from now and it doesn’t guarantee me anything.

right now, I’m inheriting all the risk with no reward.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For perspective, if you want a Mod top, that’s a 2023 option… no transferring will change that.

Your options are to either modify your order to something available now (MIC or Soft), or wait it out for a MY23.

Your dealer required a deposit to place your order and you paid it… not sure what more there is to demand or expect from them. Not saying they aren’t being jerks about it, but they’re kind of right… if you want to keep the order, they keep the deposit…. If you want the deposit back they cancel* the order.

(*probably won’t cancel it, just won’t be yours anymore and they’ll sell it off the lot)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For perspective, if you want a Mod top, that’s a 2023 option… no transferring will change that.

Your options are to either modify your order to something available now (MIC or Soft), or wait it out for a MY23.

Your dealer required a deposit to place your order and you paid it… not sure what more there is to demand or expect from them. Not saying they aren’t being jerks about it, but they’re kind of right… if you want to keep the order, they keep the deposit…. If you want the deposit back they cancel* the order.

(*probably won’t cancel it, just won’t be yours anymore and they’ll sell it off the lot)
Why are they ‘kinda right?’

What benefit am I receiving from them? Are they taking in any additional risk? What assurances could they possibly guarantee that would justify them keeping my $1,500 for two years when Ford is guaranteeing my price & sweetening the pot with $1,000 in Ford Accessories Credits for $100?

The dealership has done nothing to earn that money. I promised to put a $1,500 deposit down. They promised to deliver a 2021 Bronco aligning with my specifications. One of us couldn’t hold their end of the contract. Do you believe I don’t have the right to rescind it?

Also, just in terms of inflation (3%), that $1,500 today will be $1,600 in 2023… assuming I get my Bronco then. They are going to make an additional $100 off of me. What am I gaining for that $100? The right for them not to cancel my reservation?

That’s a bold strategy Cotton.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why are they ‘kinda right?’

What benefit am I receiving from them? Are they taking in any additional risk? What assurances could they possibly guarantee that would justify them keeping my $1,500 for two years when Ford is guaranteeing my price & sweetening the pot with $1,000 in Ford Accessories Credits for $100?

The dealership has done nothing to earn that money. I promised to put a $1,500 deposit down. They promised to deliver a 2021 Bronco aligning with my specifications. One of us couldn’t hold their end of the contract. Do you believe I don’t have the right to rescind it?

Also, just in terms of inflation (3%), that $1,500 today will be $1,600 in 2023… assuming I get my Bronco then. They are going to make an additional $100 off of me. What am I gaining for that $100? The right for them not to cancel my reservation?

That’s a bold strategy Cotton.
There’s no way they promised to deliver a 2021… they may have *ordered* you a 2021… because that’s literally all you can order because that’s all Ford is making right now… in fact, I’m a code 99 waiting for a MY22… but I still ordered a 2021.

They’re kinda right in that it seems they are holding up their end of the deal… even if you don’t want to wait for your Bronco.

They took your deposit to place an order for a MY21… if Ford can’t deliver, your order will then be resubmitted for a MY22.

If you don’t like the terms, giving them a deposit in exchange for them placing your order, your only recourse is to cancel your order altogether and get your deposit back.

If they did in fact promise you delivery of a 2021, and you have it in writing, great… but I’m not sure what remedy is there if they can’t. They can basically just return your money and say “sorry” when MY22 hits.

Also, if you aren’t *actually* receiving any sort of benefit from the dealer, you’d be able to order a Bronco directly from Ford yourself…. Which you can’t. You need a dealer to do that for you.

I agree that them holding onto your money for that long is silly, since they’re earning the interest off of it… but then again, that’s why my dealer doesn’t require a deposit until your order actually schedules.

Last edited:

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There is no sense in trying to maintain a spot in line for a MY23 vehicle if you are dead set on a MOD top. Just cancel and start over with someone else.

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is no sense in trying to maintain a spot in line for a MY23 vehicle if you are dead set on a MOD top. Just cancel and start over with someone else.
If I cancel, then I don’t qualify for any of the Ford issued perks

the dealer is trying to misrepresent those as their perks

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Canceling will forfeit your price protection and put you at the back of the line. Don't do that.

Have you talked to the sales manager or your just a sales guy? I would go into the dealership, bypass your sales guy and go right for the sales manager and let him know you prefer to wait until 2023 when the MOD top is available and it is not reasonable to hold a $1500 deposit until then. Take a copy of the recent email Ford sent about top availability. Tell them they can have the original hundo as a deposit and show of good faith and that it is. Have them 99 your order and get a copy of the DORA, note on there that you prefer to wait until MY23 when Ford says the MOD top will be available and both of you sign and keep a copy.

You can try calling the Bronco hotline and have them move your order but I don't think they are doing that anymore as that was originally just for those that had their reservation converted without consent.
Sponsored