Sponsored

Has anyone completed their order and is leasing?

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ask this question because I've been talking to a handful of dealers throughout Michigan and have asked for pricing on both a lease and buy option (I'm probably going to buy, but want to know the options). 2 of them so far have said they don't know if Ford will be leasing the Bronco. I know the B&P site gives you the lease price and they have released the lease residuals so I just wanted to see if anyone on here has had a dealer go through with a plan to lease?

On a side note one of them literally has no clue on how the reservation system worked and said that the first broncos are only shipping with soft tops.

I searched some of the other posts and didn't really see any that showed people saying that they have submitted an order with confirmation from a dealer that they can lease. If I'm stupid and missed that I'll delete this.
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why would Ford release residuals and add leasing to their website if they had no intent to lease? Your dealer is an idiot.

Maineah

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The guy at the NH dealership I ordered at said leasing isn't currently an option...However, this guy has not proven to be a wealth of accurate information.

OP
OP

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why would Ford release residuals and add leasing to their website if they had no intent to lease? Your dealer is an idiot.
That's my thought exactly, but I don't know if I've seen anyone post that they gave gone through with a lease yet, I've just seen a lot of people say they are planning on it.

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don’t think it would be smart for Ford to lease the Bronco. Huge demand means none will be left on the lot. And do you want people leasing a vehicle that’s intended to go where no other vehicles go? Huge potential for fighting over damaging it under “normal use” conditions. Not worth the headache.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's my thought exactly, but I don't know if I've seen anyone post that they gave gone through with a lease yet, I've just seen a lot of people say they are planning on it.
Well they won’t know until the car arrives, you can’t finish financing right now either. Just call Ford, whatever they tell you is true.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t think it would be smart for Ford to lease the Bronco. Huge demand means none will be left on the lot. And do you want people leasing a vehicle that’s intended to go where no other vehicles go? Huge potential for fighting over damaging it under “normal use” conditions. Not worth the headache.
Completely irrelevant to the discussion here.

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I ask this question because I've been talking to a handful of dealers throughout Michigan and have asked for pricing on both a lease and buy option (I'm probably going to buy, but want to know the options). 2 of them so far have said they don't know if Ford will be leasing the Bronco. I know the B&P site gives you the lease price and they have released the lease residuals so I just wanted to see if anyone on here has had a dealer go through with a plan to lease?

On a side note one of them literally has no clue on how the reservation system worked and said that the first broncos are only shipping with soft tops.

I searched some of the other posts and didn't really see any that showed people saying that they have submitted an order with confirmation from a dealer that they can lease. If I'm stupid and missed that I'll delete this.
I am planning to lease my bronco and I did ask my dealership when placing the order last month. They said leasing will be available and that will be worked out when the vehicle is ready for delivery. I’d rather lease because it’s cheaper and I can upgrade to a newer bronco in a few years anyways. I would think they wouldn’t have the lease calculator available if that wasn’t an option

BravoV4

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Accord and a 2018 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dealers have no way to accurately calculate what the lease will be. Yes we have the residuals but we do not have a money factor/interest rate from Ford.

OP
OP

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think their legal has the "normal use" figured out pretty well. There just may be a lot of people paying some extra fees when they turn it in. Also a lot of the time they would be glad to have some hot vehicles like this circulate back to the lots in a few years.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dealers have no way to accurately calculate what the lease will be. Yes we have the residuals but we do not have a money factor/interest rate from Ford.
I'm not fully expecting a final lease price for it, but moreso my problem is them saying they don't know if Ford is leasing the Bronco.

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am planning to lease my bronco and I did ask my dealership when placing the order last month. They said leasing will be available and that will be worked out when the vehicle is ready for delivery. I’d rather lease because it’s cheaper and I can upgrade to a newer bronco in a few years anyways. I would think they wouldn’t have the lease calculator available if that wasn’t an option
I asked about leasing just to confirm that was an option. Ford released the lease calculator hours before I placed my order so I was happy about that. I chose a dealership that puts a lot of information out to the public on social media rather than one that doesn’t. They seem to have more info and answers. It seems to me that if a dealership has NO IDEA about any bronco information, that’s their fault and they are not doing their homework. You can easily find info from these forums and websites...if you are willing to look. So if they have to clue about any bronco stuff then I would suggest moving to another dealer that gives you confidence

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Counterpoint: Leasing to "Mall Chick-Fil-A and Lacrosse practice" households makes total sense. They keep the mileage down, the drivers will never take them near damaging rocks or water crossings and in 24-39 months, they have a bunch of high profit margin used Broncos to sell.

Last edited:

BravoV4

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Accord and a 2018 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Pl8to That might just be their way of saying leave us alone or just some stupidity on their end. I'd imagine Ford is going to lease these, but I think the calculator on the Ford Website isn't going to end up reflecting what we end up actually seeing. If it is, then that's pretty phenomenal.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got done extending my F150 lease due to have a vehicle until my Bronco comes in. FMC was really awesome to deal with and my representative was knowledgeable and excited about the Bronco. I am likely going to buy, but the Sales Manager at my dealership indicated they will be leasing and she will run the numbers for me once the build is confirmed and she has what she needs. If I switch to the 2.3l, I may do a lease, so I can order a 2.7 in 2023 or 2024 if I decide it is "needed". I know they don't typically lease Mustang GTs, because they have a high incidence of damage and mechanical abuse, but they lease trucks and SUVs of all types, I don't see any issue, plus Ford has published the residual #s already too.
Sponsored