Sponsored

Has anyone completed their order and is leasing?

OvrLnd99

Wildtrak
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2022 BMW Z4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am not sure what exactly is trying to be done here? Help me understand what the point of this post was please? I am sorry if I am missing something very obvious.
Sponsored

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

First I want to say that I am not arguing the fact that Bronco Lease deals are higher than others. However, can you help me understand how you get that the FE is "almost $1,000/mo". I "built" a 4 Door FE just now with every option available (excluding accessories) with nothing down and it comes to $881/mo. Not exactly "almost $1,000/mo". Yes it is closer to $1,000 than $500, or $600, but I wouldn't consider that "almost $1,000".

When comparing the Bronco price and lease payments to the Wrangler, its main competitor (not comparing actual build options, capability, personal feeling, color, direction of the wind, or anything else other than price and lease options) the lease option payment is less than 100 difference. I built the Wrangler Rubicon to $60,755 and the Bronco Wildtrak to $60,750. I selected the Wildtrak because this is my build and I know the B&P very well. The lease payments for the Wrangler and Bronco were $683 and $763, respectively, an $80 difference. Yes the Bronco has the higher lease payment when compared to a similarly priced Wrangler. Also, I understand that right now I can get the Wrangler for "X" amount of dollars off which will change the lease payment. I am trying to compare apples to apples as much as I can, so strictly going off the B&P info. Also, you cannot guarantee that you can get that Wrangler for "X" amount off at all dealers in every situation.

The thing we need to remember is that the Bronco is brand new. Yes they can estimate residual values and hope they are correct, but only time will tell what the actual residual values will be. So yes, for now the Bronco Lease payment may be higher than the Wrangler or your $80,000 worth of other cars or the $100,000 vehicle you said costs less than the Bronco, but I bet that given some time, we will see these Lease payments go down as we see what the actual residual values are of these vehicles, assuming they are built well and hold up to what we are all going to do with them.

For the record, I am leasing my Bronco. It has a lower payment than buying, I know I will want a new vehicle in 4 years, so I am taking the lower payment. I do not want to get into the discussion of over time purchase is better than lease because of blah blah blah. This is just my .02.
Still torn on lease vs buy. The only reason to buy now is if you want to flip it for profit due to low availability. My decked out OBX is like $700+ purchase with 5500 down. Lease is $525 with the same down. I have leased a few times. One was great and one was bad. Just torn but don’t want to spend $1000 a month payment insurance. Ugh.

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I will be leasing as I wouldn't want to be locked in to a first release, especially not one that hasn't been reviewed entirely. If its a good build, I can always make a deal at the end of my lease, and if its not and they improve it, then I'm all good too.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

leases will definitely be available. Published residuals, lease calculator, plus it’s a no brainer for an incredibly popular vehicle. Why sell it once, when you can sell it twice (after vehicle comes off lease)! The argument that it’s an off-road vehicle and ford would-not want to lease it I disagree with.Jeeps are leased all the time, and let’s be honest, most of the Broncos sold won’t see much off road driving. You won’t get solid lease numbers until the month that they start hitting the dealers, as the money factor will change multiple times between now and then (sort of like the interest rate). I honestly think it would be a really smart idea to lease these vehicles for the following reasons (if a few things hold true):

residual values are projected to be pretty high (this directly effects the lease value and cost)

The bronco is a first year model with some untested and new technology, so from a buyers perspective there is some risk. With a lease, after your term is up, the vehicle is fords problem to deal with (if there are problems).

the money factor should be low as interest rates are staying near historic lows.

the math on leases don’t always work, but you can also lease to buy. Do the math to see if this works for you. That way you mitigate the “new vehicle” risk factor.

if you are interested in a further break down on efficient or cost effective leases, I can explain further.... BTW, I’m not a dealer, I’ve just leased many vehicle as it makes sense for me in my situation.
I’d love to talk to you more about leasing. Last I leased was a 2015 Camry which worked well. I didn’t care for it by the end, no damage and I was low on miles so they made out like a bandit. Would love to pick your brain, only leased 3 times and not as familiar with options at the end. I know you can purchase, purchase and trade or just walk away?

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Considering it some but really going to depend on what the rate really will be for me.

I am absolutely not doing it for the rates in the build and price calculator.
Yeah those rates both lease and buy are enough to make me crazy.

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d love to talk to you more about leasing. Last I leased was a 2015 Camry which worked well. I didn’t care for it by the end, no damage and I was low on miles so they made out like a bandit. Would love to pick your brain, only leased 3 times and not as familiar with options at the end. I know you can purchase, purchase and trade or just walk away?
Yes all three are options, although purchase and trade would only be financially advantageous if the dealer really wanted to pay you more than the residual. To walk away, there is usually a small processing fee, $200-300. Which is waived if you buy another vehicle from them (only recommended if that’s what you really want). Happy to answer anything else. I’m not an expert, but between me and a few friends of mine we’ve probably lease 15-18 vehicles. Remember, don’t even bring up a trade or leasing until you have negotiated the car sale price. Then there’s the security deposit truck... but that’s for another discussion.
Sponsored