Sponsored

Has anyone completed their order and is leasing?

OP
OP

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for everyone's replies and yeah I'm not working with any of the dealers that can't answer the most basic questions. I found one that has offered just under invoice and will probably go with them. I just wanted to get an idea of if many people had a positive response from their dealer when asked about leasing.

Like I originally posted I will most likely buy, but leasing a brand new model is still at the back of my head.
Sponsored

JakeLucas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Turbo T-Bird, Q50, ā€˜74 Corvette, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Infiniti has smokinā€™ lease deals. I got my Q50, msrp of 44,000 for $289/mo. $1999 total drive offs.

I asked about a 5.0 mustang lease and the guy said they donā€™t really lease them because they donā€™t lease well, even a very base 5.0 would be over $500/mo.

Broncoā€™s lease deal isnā€™t very good either. The F150 deal is okay.

Ford Bronco Has anyone completed their order and is leasing? DF95CEB8-6A6E-4A4C-8A09-401965D35E08

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The bronco lease goes from bad, to horrendous, to laughable the higher you go in price.

A four door FE with nothing down is almost 1,000/mo, nothing down with tax and fees out of pocket. The equivalent of a $100k car with a decent lease deal.

My OBX sas v6 lux with leather calculated to over $100 more than my two current leased cars (nothing down in all scenarios) that have a combined MSRP over 80k

I always lease. And the Bronco may be the first, and last, car I ever buy.

OvrLnd99

Wildtrak
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2022 BMW Z4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The bronco lease goes from bad, to horrendous, to laughable the higher you go in price.

A four door FE with nothing down is almost 1,000/mo, nothing down with tax and fees out of pocket. The equivalent of a $100k car with a decent lease deal.

My OBX sas v6 lux with leather calculated to over $100 more than my two current leased cars (nothing down in all scenarios) that have a combined MSRP over 80k

I always lease. And the Bronco may be the first, and last, car I ever buy.
First I want to say that I am not arguing the fact that Bronco Lease deals are higher than others. However, can you help me understand how you get that the FE is "almost $1,000/mo". I "built" a 4 Door FE just now with every option available (excluding accessories) with nothing down and it comes to $881/mo. Not exactly "almost $1,000/mo". Yes it is closer to $1,000 than $500, or $600, but I wouldn't consider that "almost $1,000".

When comparing the Bronco price and lease payments to the Wrangler, its main competitor (not comparing actual build options, capability, personal feeling, color, direction of the wind, or anything else other than price and lease options) the lease option payment is less than 100 difference. I built the Wrangler Rubicon to $60,755 and the Bronco Wildtrak to $60,750. I selected the Wildtrak because this is my build and I know the B&P very well. The lease payments for the Wrangler and Bronco were $683 and $763, respectively, an $80 difference. Yes the Bronco has the higher lease payment when compared to a similarly priced Wrangler. Also, I understand that right now I can get the Wrangler for "X" amount of dollars off which will change the lease payment. I am trying to compare apples to apples as much as I can, so strictly going off the B&P info. Also, you cannot guarantee that you can get that Wrangler for "X" amount off at all dealers in every situation.

The thing we need to remember is that the Bronco is brand new. Yes they can estimate residual values and hope they are correct, but only time will tell what the actual residual values will be. So yes, for now the Bronco Lease payment may be higher than the Wrangler or your $80,000 worth of other cars or the $100,000 vehicle you said costs less than the Bronco, but I bet that given some time, we will see these Lease payments go down as we see what the actual residual values are of these vehicles, assuming they are built well and hold up to what we are all going to do with them.

For the record, I am leasing my Bronco. It has a lower payment than buying, I know I will want a new vehicle in 4 years, so I am taking the lower payment. I do not want to get into the discussion of over time purchase is better than lease because of blah blah blah. This is just my .02.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ask this question because I've been talking to a handful of dealers throughout Michigan and have asked for pricing on both a lease and buy option (I'm probably going to buy, but want to know the options). 2 of them so far have said they don't know if Ford will be leasing the Bronco. I know the B&P site gives you the lease price and they have released the lease residuals so I just wanted to see if anyone on here has had a dealer go through with a plan to lease?

On a side note one of them literally has no clue on how the reservation system worked and said that the first broncos are only shipping with soft tops.

I searched some of the other posts and didn't really see any that showed people saying that they have submitted an order with confirmation from a dealer that they can lease. If I'm stupid and missed that I'll delete this.
Leasing is a huge money maker. You are basically getting paid for someone to keep your inventory and abide by your stipulations or else penalized.

Using the resale value of Jeepā€™s & F-150 Raptor, a Dealership would make an absolute killing leasing the Bronco

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The nice part about a lease, if the residual is estimated to low (making the lease payment higher) you can buy the vehicle and ā€œgainā€ the equity on the purchase at the end of the lease. If you donā€™t like the vehicle or the value is lower than expected, you can walk away. It wasnā€™t as attractive on the Bronco so far, because I typically do a 24 month lease and the Bronco lease ā€œsweet spotā€ is about 3 years. I always run the numbers both ways and have purchased one of the recent leases (17 Explorer) returned one (17 F150, hated the panoramic sun roof) and extended the lease on my 18 F150 until my Bronco arrives. I do pay for ā€œWear Careā€ which was $750 last time. Itā€™s a cost that is worthwhile to me, covering minor damage up to $5k. Itā€™s a lost cost, but makes the leasing experience better for me and letā€™s me run a higher deductible, not sweating the small stuff that comes with a vehicle like a Bronco or F150 šŸ‘šŸ½ Just know the numbers!

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
First I want to say that I am not arguing the fact that Bronco Lease deals are higher than others. However, can you help me understand how you get that the FE is "almost $1,000/mo". I "built" a 4 Door FE just now with every option available (excluding accessories) with nothing down and it comes to $881/mo. Not exactly "almost $1,000/mo". Yes it is closer to $1,000 than $500, or $600, but I wouldn't consider that "almost $1,000".

When comparing the Bronco price and lease payments to the Wrangler, its main competitor (not comparing actual build options, capability, personal feeling, color, direction of the wind, or anything else other than price and lease options) the lease option payment is less than 100 difference. I built the Wrangler Rubicon to $60,755 and the Bronco Wildtrak to $60,750. I selected the Wildtrak because this is my build and I know the B&P very well. The lease payments for the Wrangler and Bronco were $683 and $763, respectively, an $80 difference. Yes the Bronco has the higher lease payment when compared to a similarly priced Wrangler. Also, I understand that right now I can get the Wrangler for "X" amount of dollars off which will change the lease payment. I am trying to compare apples to apples as much as I can, so strictly going off the B&P info. Also, you cannot guarantee that you can get that Wrangler for "X" amount off at all dealers in every situation.

The thing we need to remember is that the Bronco is brand new. Yes they can estimate residual values and hope they are correct, but only time will tell what the actual residual values will be. So yes, for now the Bronco Lease payment may be higher than the Wrangler or your $80,000 worth of other cars or the $100,000 vehicle you said costs less than the Bronco, but I bet that given some time, we will see these Lease payments go down as we see what the actual residual values are of these vehicles, assuming they are built well and hold up to what we are all going to do with them.

For the record, I am leasing my Bronco. It has a lower payment than buying, I know I will want a new vehicle in 4 years, so I am taking the lower payment. I do not want to get into the discussion of over time purchase is better than lease because of blah blah blah. This is just my .02.
The build and price defaults to a 48 month lease to advertise a lower payment. Who leases for 48 mos? Not a good idea. A standard lease at 36 months, 12k miles zero down with taxes and fees out of pocket for a stock FE four door is 985/mo
Ford Bronco Has anyone completed their order and is leasing? 3D2AC486-DBC5-43FC-BCF4-1C0A871F87B4

thatā€™s a joke. Make sure youā€™re comparing apples to apples in regards to lease terms for the wrangler. And BTW the wrangler arenā€™t known to lease well either. And if you take a step back and realize that the wrangler has some of the highest estimated residuals of any other car (itā€™s usually on the top 10 list for best residuals) that means jeep is profiting big time on a lack luster lease. Do they run their residuals calculations on lease structure at 70-72%? Hell no they donā€™t! So one could make the argument that a wrangler lessee is really getting the short end of the stick. Theoretically, all things being fair, the wrangler should have one of the best leases for ANY vehicle at that price point. IE a 60k vehicle should lease for baseline 600/mo and the wrangler should be considerably inside of that, close to or under 500/mo, if you ran the lease residual to real world residual. But itā€™s not that. Itā€™s almost 700/mo. Wrangler lessees are arguably getting horrible deals.

While we donā€™t know what the real world residuals will be on a bronco, having a payment that much higher than a wrangler stings that much worse.

Last edited:

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The nice part about a lease, if the residual is estimated to low (making the lease payment higher) you can buy the vehicle and ā€œgainā€ the equity on the purchase at the end of the lease. If you donā€™t like the vehicle or the value is lower than expected, you can walk away. It wasnā€™t as attractive on the Bronco so far, because I typically do a 24 month lease and the Bronco lease ā€œsweet spotā€ is about 3 years. I always run the numbers both ways and have purchased one of the recent leases (17 Explorer) returned one (17 F150, hated the panoramic sun roof) and extended the lease on my 18 F150 until my Bronco arrives. I do pay for ā€œWear Careā€ which was $750 last time. Itā€™s a cost that is worthwhile to me, covering minor damage up to $5k. Itā€™s a lost cost, but makes the leasing experience better for me and letā€™s me run a higher deductible, not sweating the small stuff that comes with a vehicle like a Bronco or F150 šŸ‘šŸ½ Just know the numbers!
Thatā€™s a good point. You can have equity in a lease. I always shop around my leased cars before I turn them in to see if I could cash out my lease equity (in situations where I have meaningful equity). But if the dealer is undercutting real world residuals with a lower residual, thatā€™s not really a good thing. Sure you could spin it as a positive on the back end, but wouldnā€™t you want the lower real world residual in the first place??

To me, going through the process of selling a car is one of the biggest negatives to buying. Maybe thatā€™s just me? Signing off on a lease where know youā€™re getting shafted on the residual and will need to shop around to cash out your lease equity on the back end really makes you wonder why not buy in the first place if you know you need to go through that process

Last edited:

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thatā€™s a good point. You can have equity in a lease. I always shop around my leased cars before I turn them in to see if I could cash out my lease equity (in situations where I have meaningful equity). But if the dealer is undercutting real world residuals with a lower one, thatā€™s not really a good thing. Sure you could spin it as a positive on the back end, but why wouldnā€™t you want a real world residual in the first place??

To me, going through the process of selling a car isone of the biggest negatives to buying. Maybe thatā€™s just me? Signing off on a lease whereyou know youā€™re getting shafted on the residual and will need to shop around to cash out your lease equity on the back end really makes you wonder why not buy in the first place if you know you need to do that.
I am spoiled with Z plan. There isnā€™t any negotiation or adjustments, so I just run the numbers and decide. Ford (and all manufacturers) run lease specials in different markets and it has been super beneficial recently to lease. The ā€œdownsideā€ is the residual number s have been higher so no equity in my last two F150s. Not having bought a tire, brake pad or any other repair for the last 7 years helps offset the lease cost too. I definitely pay a small premium to lease, but net its ably a few percent more than to buy.

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ask this question because I've been talking to a handful of dealers throughout Michigan and have asked for pricing on both a lease and buy option (I'm probably going to buy, but want to know the options). 2 of them so far have said they don't know if Ford will be leasing the Bronco. I know the B&P site gives you the lease price and they have released the lease residuals so I just wanted to see if anyone on here has had a dealer go through with a plan to lease?

On a side note one of them literally has no clue on how the reservation system worked and said that the first broncos are only shipping with soft tops.

I searched some of the other posts and didn't really see any that showed people saying that they have submitted an order with confirmation from a dealer that they can lease. If I'm stupid and missed that I'll delete this.
leases will definitely be available. Published residuals, lease calculator, plus itā€™s a no brainer for an incredibly popular vehicle. Why sell it once, when you can sell it twice (after vehicle comes off lease)! The argument that itā€™s an off-road vehicle and ford would-not want to lease it I disagree with.Jeeps are leased all the time, and letā€™s be honest, most of the Broncos sold wonā€™t see much off road driving. You wonā€™t get solid lease numbers until the month that they start hitting the dealers, as the money factor will change multiple times between now and then (sort of like the interest rate). I honestly think it would be a really smart idea to lease these vehicles for the following reasons (if a few things hold true):

residual values are projected to be pretty high (this directly effects the lease value and cost)

The bronco is a first year model with some untested and new technology, so from a buyers perspective there is some risk. With a lease, after your term is up, the vehicle is fords problem to deal with (if there are problems).

the money factor should be low as interest rates are staying near historic lows.

the math on leases donā€™t always work, but you can also lease to buy. Do the math to see if this works for you. That way you mitigate the ā€œnew vehicleā€ risk factor.

if you are interested in a further break down on efficient or cost effective leases, I can explain further.... BTW, Iā€™m not a dealer, Iā€™ve just leased many vehicle as it makes sense for me in my situation.

Sponsored

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The build and price defaults to a 48 month lease to advertise a lower payment. Who leases for 48 mos? Not a good idea. A standard lease at 36 months, 12k miles zero down with taxes and fees out of pocket for a stock FE four door is 985/mo
Ford Bronco Has anyone completed their order and is leasing? 3D2AC486-DBC5-43FC-BCF4-1C0A871F87B4

thatā€™s a joke. Make sure youā€™re comparing apples to apples in regards to lease terms for the wrangler. And BTW the wrangler arenā€™t known to lease well either. And if you take a step back and realize that the wrangler has some of the highest estimated residuals of any other car (itā€™s usually on the top 10 list for best residuals) that means jeep is profiting big time on a lack luster lease. Do they run their residuals calculations on lease structure at 70-72%? Hell no they donā€™t! So one could make the argument that a wrangler lessee is really getting the short end of the stick. Theoretically, all things being fair, the wrangler should have one of the best leases for ANY vehicle at that price point. IE a 60k vehicle should lease for baseline 600/mo and the wrangler should be considerably inside of that, close to or under 500/mo, if you ran the lease residual to real world residual. But itā€™s not that. Itā€™s almost 700/mo. Wrangler lessees are arguably getting horrible deals.

While we donā€™t know what the real world residuals will be on a bronco, having a payment that much higher than a wrangler stings that much worse.
dont disagree with your assessment. Just remember these numbers will change prior to delivery time.Money factor will change etc.... donā€™t forget. With a lease you can negotiate
Sales price
Money factor
Security deposit etc
The only thing that is not negotiable is the residual.

OvrLnd99

Wildtrak
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2022 BMW Z4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Thank you for your explanation, this helps to understand how you got your numbers. You did not state that you changed the parameters for the lease payment. I was comparing apples to apples as much as possible. I based the info of the final price being as close as possible between the Wrangler and the Bronco and did not change the defaults of the payment (both were 48 months and the lower miles). I also agree with you that the Wrangler is not the best vehicle to look at when it comes to what is a good or bad lease payment, I was simply comparing the Bronco to its closest competitor using the default settings for the B&P. As mentioned in another post on this thread, you can still negotiate almost all details of the payment and price of both the Wrangler and the Bronco.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes things will change and be negotiatable. But I wouldnā€™t lease a 57.8k vehicle for a cent over 600/mo. 36 mos, nothing down. My threshold is 100 per 10k. Iā€™d be willing to stretch a few bucks from 580 up to 600. The calculator is telling me Ford wants 820. Lol. That feels like Iā€™m paying a premium of a whopping 41% (820 - 580 / 580). No amount of negotiation will get you into good lease category if youā€™re looking at a bronco with a sticker well into the 50s

Iā€™m going to finance this to back into 500/mo to replicate a ā€˜good leaseā€™ lower payment and pay the rest in cash, even if that means upwards of a 30k down payment. Thatā€™s been my plan since day 1. I knew it wouldnā€™t lease well, but this is probably one of the worst leases if not the worst, Iā€™ve seen out of the 100 or so lease deals Iā€™ve looked into over the years. This is a 41% premium over that baseline 100/mo per 10k. Iā€™ve never seen anything close to that.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

leases will definitely be available. Published residuals, lease calculator, plus itā€™s a no brainer for an incredibly popular vehicle. Why sell it once, when you can sell it twice (after vehicle comes off lease)! The argument that itā€™s an off-road vehicle and ford would-not want to lease it I disagree with.Jeeps are leased all the time, and letā€™s be honest, most of the Broncos sold wonā€™t see much off road driving. You wonā€™t get solid lease numbers until the month that they start hitting the dealers, as the money factor will change multiple times between now and then (sort of like the interest rate). I honestly think it would be a really smart idea to lease these vehicles for the following reasons (if a few things hold true):

residual values are projected to be pretty high (this directly effects the lease value and cost)

The bronco is a first year model with some untested and new technology, so from a buyers perspective there is some risk. With a lease, after your term is up, the vehicle is fords problem to deal with (if there are problems).

the money factor should be low as interest rates are staying near historic lows.

the math on leases donā€™t always work, but you can also lease to buy. Do the math to see if this works for you. That way you mitigate the ā€œnew vehicleā€ risk factor.

if you are interested in a further break down on efficient or cost effective leases, I can explain further.... BTW, Iā€™m not a dealer, Iā€™ve just leased many vehicle as it makes sense for me in my situation.
That's for the long write up! I'm pretty well versed on leases and finance in general which is why I want some options offered to me. The biggest concern for me is the risk of a new model and what kind of problems that may pop up. Too many people think that leasing automatically means throwing money away, but its very dependent on your goals and what vehicle your leasing.

My biggest concern here is just the lack of knowledge across the different dealers. Even though I expect it, it still blows my mind.

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's for the long write up! I'm pretty well versed on leases and finance in general which is why I want some options offered to me. The biggest concern for me is the risk of a new model and what kind of problems that may pop up. Too many people think that leasing automatically means throwing money away, but its very dependent on your goals and what vehicle your leasing.

My biggest concern here is just the lack of knowledge across the different dealers. Even though I expect it, it still blows my mind.
Totally agree.... That's why these forums can be great.... If you think about it, if we're more informed, that gives us more power.... We need everything we can get in this huge demand, low supply situation.
Sponsored