First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just curious if there’s been any kind of hands-on review or commentary on how it drives. None of the videos I’ve seen actually comment on it.

Ford has had some great MTs and some crappy ones in the recent past. I only really want the bronco with a MT and I’m placing an order soon. Was hoping to have some information before I do.

Is one persons commentary going to change my mind? No. But I’d still like to read or hear something about it.

Any links are appreciated. I’m sure there’s stuff I haven’t seen yet.
Sponsored

Jp215

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well it’s made by getrag, just like in the mustangs. And it’s supposedly completely different from the one in the mustangs that is currently the subject of a class action lawsuit. I’m hoping it’s a much better unit and has none of the shift issues other getrag ones have had

OP
OP
Sampsonrustic

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP
OP
Sampsonrustic

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well it’s made by getrag, just like in the mustangs. And it’s supposedly completely different from the one in the mustangs that is currently the subject of a class action lawsuit. I’m hoping it’s a much better unit and has none of the shift issues other getrag ones have had
Yeah I can’t imagine Ford would blow this one so easily.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sampsonrustic

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's been commented on by passengers in videos and the driver.

...of course, they only said positive things.
yeah I did see one guy getting driven around on the test course by of the test drivers looked like he was regretting eating lunch that day ?

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just curious if there’s been any kind of hands-on review or commentary on how it drives. None of the videos I’ve seen actually comment on it.

Ford has had some great MTs and some crappy ones in the recent past. I only really want the bronco with a MT and I’m placing an order soon. Was hoping to have some information before I do.

Is one persons commentary going to change my mind? No. But I’d still like to read or hear something about it.

Any links are appreciated. I’m sure there’s stuff I haven’t seen yet.
I understand it's a Getrag. If it's made in China like the Getrag MT-82? I would stay far away from it. My 2012 Mustang GT's Getrag MT-82 has failed in less than 46,000 miles. No drag racing or track days. Just normal driving. There's a class action lawsuit against Ford for the MT-82. I'm replacing mine with a Tremec T-56 Magnum XL next week. Do your research and beware.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

yeah I did see one guy getting driven around on the test course by of the test drivers looked like he was regretting eating lunch that day ?
Maybe that one had the SFA option?

OP
OP
Sampsonrustic

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
The new MT got to be better than the 1966 three on the tree.
as long as it works as it should I’ll be a happy camper. I wonder how many pre production units have been manuals. Maybe someone at the factory can give us some insight

OP
OP
Sampsonrustic

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
yes it’s a getrag Chinese unit. From my understanding getrag makes many successful transmissions but does have a few that have not been good, most notably your mustang.

I wish Ford or getrag would put out some information about why this one will be different. Even though it has MT in the name, it is supposedly a completely different design that will be used in many different vehicles.

for anecdotal info... my 2016 f150 automatic has also given me a very unpleasant driving experience, has required several Reflashes and I am now currently waiting for the dealer to put in a new driveshaft under warranty due to poor shifting and early wear (the dreaded low speed “clunk”) - at 46000 miles.

OP
OP
Sampsonrustic

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model