Sponsored

Has anyone heard the actual B&O system in the bronco yet?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve driven with the B&O for a week as a loaner and while it’s MUCH better than the stock stereo - I wouldn’t change trim packages for it if you’re happy with Base, Big Bend, Black Diamond, etc.

I personally wouldn’t switch out of Black Diamond for the expense. $120 and I changed all four 4” speakers (Infinity) with some Crutchfield bass blockers (600hz - tempted to try 300hz) and it’s significantly better. Clear all around and nice bass once you adjust the bass, treble, mid settings to your liking. Roof off, highway, rain, etc - totally happy now. Sure, I can take it further with a sub, etc. Perhaps one day - but, not finding it necessary and I love my music.
Sponsored

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have it (bo). It isn’t terrible, but by no means is it great. Barely adequate IMO. in the process of upgrading to AudioFrog and other components. Just need to confirm 6.5 mounting depth.

Brick Vanderhuge

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge, Custom Softail, Flatside Shovelhead
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I heard it in a 4 door Bronco in the showroom. I thought is sounded good. It was better than the Sony system in my Edge.

NoleDawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was in a 4 door I rented to drive while in the Smokies. I thought it did a decent job but overall not worth the extra 2k between lux and high. My wife was blown away and is insisting upon it in our order so I guess I’m getting it. I had no issues hearing the music with the top down without having to blast it. The bass from the sub was unimpressive.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone listened to it in a two door?

Sponsored

D190065

First Edition
First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE; 2015 HD RGS; 23 F150 Tremor ordered
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was able to take a 4-dr soft top Wildtrak home for a weekend. IMO the B&O sounded great! It drowned out the road noise with the top up. I did not take the top off. Obviously everyone will have their opinion based on music choice. I'm a Metallica fan and it sounded great cranked up. 🤟

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was in a 4 door I rented to drive while in the Smokies. I thought it did a decent job but overall not worth the extra 2k between lux and high. My wife was blown away and is insisting upon it in our order so I guess I’m getting it. I had no issues hearing the music with the top down without having to blast it. The bass from the sub was unimpressive.
I am going there in a few weeks. Mine wont be delievered until after I come back. Where did you rent it from?

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On one of the Bronco Nation live videos I tried to ask that tall weird guy A MILLION times if he thought the B&O system was better than stock (when he reviewed one) but he kept dodging the answer 🤬
Well that's cause BN is all sponsored content and you don't bite the hand that feeds.. IMO Im not a fan of BN at all.. content is trash and their forums suck compared to 6g... Now to the real question.. B&O. I drove one with the B&O a lil while ago and coming from my wrangler system... Meh. But I did not really Crank it considering I had my kid and wife in the car. I'll just wait and upgrade later.

NoleDawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am going there in a few weeks. Mine wont be delievered until after I come back. Where did you rent it from?
Rocky Top Adventure Rentals in Gatlinburg. It was a 2.7L 4 door badlands non-sas soft top with lux and leather. Definitely had some fun running the roads in the park with the top down.

Sponsored

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you are comfortable doing your own install work you’ll be better off with the basic audio system and upgrading yourself. I have a 2D loaner with the B&O system and I’m not that impressed. The lows are decent for the space constraints but the highs and mids leave a lot to be desired. Soundstaging not real hot either. Sound quality is such a subjective thing though. I’m sure it will satisfy a lot of folks but if you have higher standards, I’d do my own upgrades. And I’m no basshead (my previous system had a single Polk 10” sub). I just want quality sound with good dynamics and power, and better than average sound staging. I don’t listen at crazy high volumes either.

I was able to pop a few grills off to take a look at the cones and they appear to be paper, so seems like just replacing the speakers (no amps) might make this system a lot better. It does have a surround mode that is kind of cool that probably helps with some of the sound staging shortcomings and I don’t believe is on the base system.

Mine will have the non B&O system and I’m in the process of designing an audio system utilizing the Focal PS165V1 6.5 components and an old Sony and Pioneer amp from the late 90’s. Prob will use Focal access series 4in for the dash. Not sure what I’m going to do about a sub. Hoping the aftermarket comes out with an integrated solution for a 10” sub and that the amps will fit under the front seats.

Last edited:

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That guy hates everything Ford. I wouldn't trust his opinion as far as I could throw it.
Was he the one who said the 7 speed had "semi truck long throws"? Who ever it was, I think I just turned the video off at that point.

CePaBrReSoLi

Outer Banks
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 A51 4dr OBX SAS Lux, 2019 ISM Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have Lux in my OB 4dr soft top and the B&O sounds better then most factory systems. I have not heard the stereo so I cannot compare the two. I have B&O in my Ranger Lariat as well, and it does sound marginally better in the Ranger, which I attribute to a smaller more insulated space.

joeramirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I spent about 5 hours with it during Off Rodeo and it sounded good. The woofer rattled pretty good when turned up. Granted we were not going very fast in it

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I need someone todos YouTube vid of that sub replacement. :)
Sponsored