Sponsored

Has Anyone Installed a Cargo Area Security Enclosure?

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is one of the early accessories I picked out for when my Bronco arrives. But what is to keep someone from accessing the vehicle through the soft top, popping the door locks and opening the tailgate? I think this is a good deterrent from a quick “smash and grab” theft, but it does not appear to offer much protection if the door locks are able to be unlocked?
I‘m not exactly sure with the Bronco, but I know on my Wrangler the interior door unlock button is disabled after a short time after the vehicle is locked. The means the only way to get into the cargo area would be by unblocking from the fob or with the physical key in the exterior tumbler.

Pushing the unblock button inside the vehicle will have no effect.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m no golfer. But I think they would, sure it would depend on size of the clubs. I can measure later today.

link:https://accessories.ford.com/compartment-asy-rear-stowage-13029.html#2021/Bronco
Thanks for the link. Ford doesn’t list the dimensions on that page, so I’d be curious how much gap is between the sides & seats of the bronco and the walls of the cage. I’m sure the full rear dimensions are out here somewhere for me to compare. It’s funny that of all the things I’m most concerned about, fitting a set of golf clubs is top of the list!

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the link. Ford doesn’t list the dimensions on that page, so I’d be curious how much gap is between the sides & seats of the bronco and the walls of the cage. I’m sure the full rear dimensions are out here somewhere for me to compare. It’s funny that of all the things I’m most concerned about, fitting a set of golf clubs is top of the list!
enclosure is 42” and 30” deep at the bottom. And between the back of the seat goes about 3-1/2” at the bottom to about 3” at the top with seats up.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

enclosure is 42” and 30” deep at the bottom. And between the back of the seat goes about 3-1/2” at the bottom to about 3” at the top with seats up.
Awesome, thanks!

Sponsored

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed this on mine and also had some scratches from the box. Luckily my scratches were on the side that goes against the interior walls. Biggest issue I had was the on bracket hole was off probably a 1/2 inch. Had to drill a new hole to make it fit. Otherwise I like it for the security with a softtop.

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What's the reason for the knobs on the side panel bolts vs regular nuts? They use nuts elsewhere so it doesn't appear it can be easily removed.

TXNavy

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have it, dealer installed. The interior walls arrived scratched. I hear most have. No big deal to me, can’t see it, going to uses a car paint pen over them, and got it discounted. So far I am a fan.
1E8D768D-9F04-4453-BD68-45BF80A5DB47.jpeg

2E215DFD-6600-4164-9B28-1B3E0AEDBAA4.jpeg
Would you say there is a way to make it fairly waterproof so if the soft top was off or in safari mode it wouldn't soak everything in the back? I've been looking into this as an option with the soft cover that closes off the back seats but leaves the cargo area exposed.

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I‘m not exactly sure with the Bronco, but I know on my Wrangler the interior door unlock button is disabled after a short time after the vehicle is locked. The means the only way to get into the cargo area would be by unblocking from the fob or with the physical key in the exterior tumbler.

Pushing the unblock button inside the vehicle will have no effect.
Makes sense. If the Bronco works this way then this would provide more protection than I first thought.

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Makes sense. If the Bronco works this way then this would provide more protection than I first thought.
It does work that way. Its very secure. I've got one and have no concerns with leaving stuff in there.

Sponsored

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would you say there is a way to make it fairly waterproof so if the soft top was off or in safari mode it wouldn't soak everything in the back? I've been looking into this as an option with the soft cover that closes off the back seats but leaves the cargo area exposed.
I think you could get close to waterproof with a little work for anything covered the lid. Took some more pics that may help ya.
Ford Bronco Has Anyone Installed a Cargo Area Security Enclosure? A3BB0020-2029-40CB-B317-40B603F500D7

Ford Bronco Has Anyone Installed a Cargo Area Security Enclosure? BFCED3FA-19CA-45B7-AD43-F2A5E6F69CB1

TXNavy

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you could get close to waterproof with a little work for anything covered the lid. Took some more pics that may help ya.
Ford Bronco Has Anyone Installed a Cargo Area Security Enclosure? BFCED3FA-19CA-45B7-AD43-F2A5E6F69CB1

Thanks for the extra pictures. Maybe a soft tonnuea to keep the rain out would be best and if some thief thinks they will just slash and grab they get met with a metal lid.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another question - what’s the height of the enclosure? I’m curious if I could fit a standard cooler in there.

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another question - what’s the height of the enclosure? I’m curious if I could fit a standard cooler in there.
This help?

Ford Bronco Has Anyone Installed a Cargo Area Security Enclosure? 4C11F323-39A9-4AB0-A023-FD13E529362A
Sponsored