Sponsored

Has Anyone Installed a Cargo Area Security Enclosure?

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone installed the fixed top version? That is what I'm considering when (if) I get a VIN. I don't see the advantage of having a top that lifts up other than being able to a taller parcel in it without removing the lid.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone installed the fixed top version? That is what I'm considering when (if) I get a VIN. I don't see the advantage of having a top that lifts up other than being able to a taller parcel in it without removing the lid.
Having the lid that lifts up makes it significantly easier to attach items to the MOLLE panels behind the back seat and just have easier overall access as opposed to the fixed lid.

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To me, that's a pretty significant advantage. It means that I can put more tools in it.

mangelo

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badsquatch LUX Softtop 4 Door Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great video on this topic, both install and review:

Sponsored

mangelo

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would you say there is a way to make it fairly waterproof so if the soft top was off or in safari mode it wouldn't soak everything in the back? I've been looking into this as an option with the soft cover that closes off the back seats but leaves the cargo area exposed.
A soft top option that closes off the back seats but leaves cargo area open? That sounds very interesting, do tell. I'm one of those "tops always down unless it's raining" people, even if I am literally driving 2 blocks ;) Currently have a 2005 Mustang GT with electric top so it's easy. Your idea would address the problem that removing the rear soft side panels quickly just isn't possible!

I was even thinking of a system with a fabricated rear window panel just behind 4 door seats so rear cargo is like a tiny pick up truck back area, add a crazy strong cover for security, a custom soft top that flips back so all passengers can enjoy convertible and the dream is achieved.

It will be interesting to see where this all goes and flows for open air fans. The throw external racks like these ones made for Jeep into the mix and were really cooking, though haven't found anything out there yet.

https://external-preview.redd.it/Sw...bp&s=dec4570713fc66a2ed7b430b3371bcb9d828f8e7

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I‘m not exactly sure with the Bronco, but I know on my Wrangler the interior door unlock button is disabled after a short time after the vehicle is locked. The means the only way to get into the cargo area would be by unblocking from the fob or with the physical key in the exterior tumbler.

Pushing the unblock button inside the vehicle will have no effect.
Does anyone know if there's a way to lock JUST the tailgate when using the cargo enclosure? I guess using the key in the tailgate?

I don't lock my doors to hopefully negate some idiot needing to "smash" just to find out there's nothing to "grab" but I'm required to travel to the Toronto area for a month in the summer and would like a little more security for my subwoofer/amps during that time.

alexryer

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond 4-Dr Soft Manual
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The fixed enclosure is great. Here are a few pics. The first shows the Molly panel behind the rear seats and tie downs on top (for my traction boards). The second pic is from the rear with the tailgate open. I'm not sure why I would ever need the tonneau top to lift up. You can put stuff on top of it and access by flipping up the soft top. Lastly, if you have dogs and want to protect the MGV seats from claws, a dog seat protector works perfectly with the seats folded down, giving the dogs more room than with the seats up!

I love the fixed cargo enclosure. My next mod will be a strut (from IAG) to assist with putting up the soft top and gets rid of the need for the prop rod when tilting up the back... the video sold me.
https://www.iagperformance.com/iag-...-system-for-2021-ford-bronco-4-door-soft-top/

Ford Bronco Has Anyone Installed a Cargo Area Security Enclosure? IMG_0683

Ford Bronco Has Anyone Installed a Cargo Area Security Enclosure? IMG_0684

Ford Bronco Has Anyone Installed a Cargo Area Security Enclosure? IMG_0688

alexryer

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond 4-Dr Soft Manual
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A soft top option that closes off the back seats but leaves cargo area open? That sounds very interesting, do tell. I'm one of those "tops always down unless it's raining" people, even if I am literally driving 2 blocks ;) Currently have a 2005 Mustang GT with electric top so it's easy. Your idea would address the problem that removing the rear soft side panels quickly just isn't possible!

I was even thinking of a system with a fabricated rear window panel just behind 4 door seats so rear cargo is like a tiny pick up truck back area, add a crazy strong cover for security, a custom soft top that flips back so all passengers can enjoy convertible and the dream is achieved.

It will be interesting to see where this all goes and flows for open air fans. The throw external racks like these ones made for Jeep into the mix and were really cooking, though haven't found anything out there yet.

https://external-preview.redd.it/Sw...bp&s=dec4570713fc66a2ed7b430b3371bcb9d828f8e7
It is only a matter of time until Bestop offers a customized "Windjammer" or "Halftop"

mangelo

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is only a matter of time until Bestop offers a customized "Windjammer" or "Halftop"
I believe that is a soft top? My idea is to copy how a stock soft top opens half way quickly and easily, then apply that to a hardtop aftermarket top. Not hard to design and would be cooler than any other hard top. Some aftermarket, only the front seat being opens plus in all designs you have to take off 2 to 3 panels. This would simply flip open and close on a single set of hinges making all other design obsolete in my personal opinion.

Sponsored

Travelingchef

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wondering if anyone has installed Ford's: Part No: VM2DZ78115A00D, "BRONCO 4DR 2021 DELUXE RAISED LID CARGO AREA ENCLOSURE" or if you have found something better? I need to get something because of the soft top, so looking to see what you are all doing.
Yes check out Diabolicalinc.com I just ordered mine it seems to be way better and more functionable than Fords version

Ford Bronco Has Anyone Installed a Cargo Area Security Enclosure? 1644266124604

tlianza

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lianza.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 LUX/2.7/A51/OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This looks incredible. Is that a hinge on top so you can fold it (half) open? I love that there's no wall in the front so it simply locks when the tailgate locks
I agree, I like it as well. Pricey though.

Diabolical Inc

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This looks incredible. Is that a hinge on top so you can fold it (half) open? I love that there's no wall in the front so it simply locks when the tailgate locks
IT is. Check out the video here:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-slipstream-security-enclosure.36087/post-1191526

The top is hinged to fold up, and with quick release pins, it can be completely removed. There is also a forward wall that can be laid down for pass through cargo, or completely removed as well. Way more functionality in our Patented design.
Sponsored