Sponsored

Has Anyone Installed a Cargo Area Security Enclosure?

tlianza

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lianza.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 LUX/2.7/A51/OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
IT is. Check out the video here:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-slipstream-security-enclosure.36087/post-1191526

The top is hinged to fold up, and with quick release pins, it can be completely removed. There is also a forward wall that can be laid down for pass through cargo, or completely removed as well. Way more functionality in our Patented design.
Amazing. Assuming it doesn't rattle, the design looks perfect. Exactly what I was imagining. Very clever that you can fold the one wall down with the seats, allowing pass through without removing the whole thing. Well done... You'll have my order shortly after I have my bronco order :)
Sponsored

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

$1k for 2 sheets of metal. That's a nice mark up.

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I didnā€™t install it but this came on my bronco. Seems decently sturdy but Iā€™m sure for the $750 there might be a better option. Getting to the Jack lol I havenā€™t tried but I guess you have to pull the entire steel drawer out(along with its contents). That doesnā€™t seem like a fun thing to do.
Ford Bronco Has Anyone Installed a Cargo Area Security Enclosure? 08428283-EE71-49A3-B996-767AEC458949

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually love Ford's raised lid enclosure. Only mod I plan to make, I want to cover the top so anything strapped down doesn't scratch or make noise.

Just have to figure out what to cover it with... Anyone with ideas or has done it?

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didnā€™t install it but this came on my bronco. Seems decently sturdy but Iā€™m sure for the $750 there might be a better option. Getting to the Jack lol I havenā€™t tried but I guess you have to pull the entire steel drawer out(along with its contents). That doesnā€™t seem like a fun thing to do.
Ford Bronco Has Anyone Installed a Cargo Area Security Enclosure? 08428283-EE71-49A3-B996-767AEC458949
I was just thinking about this one again today, still hoping some other seller makes a similar but better thought out drawer with more load capacity on top. But I'm also wondering, if the Bronco is locked, is there any way to open the rear gate at all without unlocking it? Crowbars aside.

I don't think you can open it in which case a drawer doesn't really need a lock (and extra key to carry) either. I'm playing with the idea of building my own, carpet or cargo mat on top so you can't even tell by just looking in and maybe hiding the drawer with a fold down front/lid, out of sight, out of mind. But that would only work if the rear really can not be opened without brute force once locked.

Sponsored

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was just thinking about this one again today, still hoping some other seller makes a similar but better thought out drawer with more load capacity on top. But I'm also wondering, if the Bronco is locked, is there any way to open the rear gate at all without unlocking it? Crowbars aside.

I don't think you can open it in which case a drawer doesn't really need a lock (and extra key to carry) either. I'm playing with the idea of building my own, carpet or cargo mat on top so you can't even tell by just looking in and maybe hiding the drawer with a fold down front/lid, out of sight, out of mind. But that would only work if the rear really can not be opened without brute force once locked.
shouldnā€™t put this online lol. But I more than likely plan to leave the key in the glovebox safe. If someone wants in they are going to break something anyway.

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I actually love Ford's raised lid enclosure. Only mod I plan to make, I want to cover the top so anything strapped down doesn't scratch or make noise.

Just have to figure out what to cover it with... Anyone with ideas or has done it?
I haven't decided which enclosure I am going to buy yet, but when I get one I plan on putting something like this on it.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=fake+teak&crid=3HY6M9AM3OZBT&sprefix=fake+teak,aps,82&ref=nb_sb_noss

I have used this type of material on my boat, and it holds up great.

atimberwolf

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

22BlackDiamondGreen

Black Diamond
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford 150 1955 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

AuroraMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 2.7, SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

spray liner?

Sponsored

alexryer

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond 4-Dr Soft Manual
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone installed the fixed top version? That is what I'm considering when (if) I get a VIN. I don't see the advantage of having a top that lifts up other than being able to a taller parcel in it without removing the lid.
I got the fixed lid, and am really happy with it. No rattles, you can store stuff on the upper deck and remove the top lid with some thumb nuts if you really need to put something tall in.

I bought a back seat dog hammock that covers the folded down seats and clips to the front headrests and D-rings on top of the fixed lid (pic is from Chewy website). I also attached a couple of leashes to the molle so they don't jump out. They love it.

Ford Bronco Has Anyone Installed a Cargo Area Security Enclosure? 1659127224447

Ford Bronco Has Anyone Installed a Cargo Area Security Enclosure? IMG_1723

bugsy_ef

Wildtrak
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
IT is. Check out the video here:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-slipstream-security-enclosure.36087/post-1191526

The top is hinged to fold up, and with quick release pins, it can be completely removed. There is also a forward wall that can be laid down for pass through cargo, or completely removed as well. Way more functionality in our Patented design.
thanks for this. I live in HI andalways Have my surfboards with me. Just to be clear - does the entire forward wall fold down? That way I can carry surfboards in the back- as long as the rear seats are folded down?

bugsy_ef

Wildtrak
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just watched the video. Looks like I answered my own questions. Dope

Diabolical Inc

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
$1k for 2 sheets of metal. That's a nice mark up.
We think you mean 26 parts and pieces with 30 years of aviation influence, designed to perfection and doesnā€™t compare to anything on the marketā€¦ā€¦but we might be a little bias!

alexryer

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond 4-Dr Soft Manual
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Having the lid that lifts up makes it significantly easier to attach items to the MOLLE panels behind the back seat and just have easier overall access as opposed to the fixed lid.
Not sure what you mean. The fixed lid has molle panel as well... Do you mean attaching on the inside back of the enclosure?
Ford Bronco Has Anyone Installed a Cargo Area Security Enclosure? 1659155569120
Sponsored