Sponsored

Has anyone installed a powered under the seat subwoofer to the base head unit?....

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sasquatch, Chevrolet Z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If so, under the rear seat, or one of the front seats? Did it do the job? I have already upgraded the stock speakers to JBL.
Sponsored

Ser Arthur Dayne

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm curious about this as well - although I am getting the B&O stereo ... there is what looks to be a perfect little Infinity powered sub that I wondered if I could (easily?) connect to the system for some extra volume and thump. I'll be following this. And I'm a big fan of JBL, believe their owned by the same company as Infinity. But I've been a big Infinity fan since the 90s as a kid.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tons of posts on this already but kind of is the answer. I don’t think you can fit a hideaway under the seat (or any of the subs for that matter) but tons of people have installed them in the back.

i installed a Kicker Hideaway last week and it works amazingly!

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Tons of posts on this already but kind of is the answer. I don’t think you can fit a hideaway under the seat (or any of the subs for that matter) but tons of people have installed them in the back.

i installed a Kicker Hideaway last week and it works amazingly!
Will do the same once I get my Bronco. Have had Hideaways in 2 trucks, perfect for me. Mind sharing pictures of your install? Also, did you tap into the rear speaker?

OP
OP
Bronceaux

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sasquatch, Chevrolet Z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Will do the same once I get my Bronco. Have had Hideaways in 2 trucks, perfect for me. Mind sharing pictures of your install? Also, did you tap into the rear speaker?
That was a question I had also. Whether you could tap into the rear speaker, or if had to go straight from the head unit.

Sponsored

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did install a JBL Nano sub under my drivers seat in my Badlands. It sounds good and fills out the sound after installing Polks in the 4" speakers front and back. I haven't changed out the 6.5" speakers (yet). I am impressed on what that little thing does, it hits clean and tight and can even fill in the lower mid tones that I don't really get out of the rest of the system. I did collapse the little bulb in the rubber floor when I screwed the sub down that I believe was supposed to put heat to the toes in the back seat, but it wasn't ever opened up from the factory. It's a good quality little sub that does it's job without taking a lot of space. It's not going to rattle the neighbors house or set off car alarms, but that wasn't what I was going for.

annieVonBebop

Badlands
First Name
annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Xterra XE 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not under the seat but flush with the tailgate

Ford Bronco Has anyone installed a powered under the seat subwoofer to the base head unit?.... SmartSelect_20220215-091841_Instagram

Details on what the shop did are here:

Bryanm

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco big bend/2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That was a question I had also. Whether you could tap into the rear speaker, or if had to go straight from the head unit.
The rear pod speakers are toned down from the head unit. Everyone is connecting to the kick panel speakers.

Shacky4

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've got this Kenwood installed under my LF seat:

Kenwood KSC-SW11 @ Amazon
I'm really interested in this option. What audio source did you use? Are there any pics of the back of the OEM headunit ? Some audio out there that could be used? In the past, I used a Pioneer powered sub to a Pioneer headunit, so it was auto on and off. If that sort of feature is possible, it would be great!

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There’s plenty of room under the rear seat as long as you don’t fold them down. If that’s a function you can give up on one side then Go for it.

Morganstein

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm really interested in this option. What audio source did you use? Are there any pics of the back of the OEM headunit ? Some audio out there that could be used? In the past, I used a Pioneer powered sub to a Pioneer headunit, so it was auto on and off. If that sort of feature is possible, it would be great!
I tapped into the kick panel speakers & triggered it with the interior fuse panel.

Morganstein

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How happy are you with this modification? I'm kind of thinking that I would do this and pretty much leave the sound system alone otherwise.
Very. I've made other upgrades to the sound system since but the sub made the biggest difference by far.