Sponsored

Has anyone installed a powered under the seat subwoofer to the base head unit?....

Morganstein

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How did you physically mount the sub ? Adhesive or screws ?
Originally I had planned to make a bracket for it & connect it to the seat rails, but when I shoved it in there it seemed fairly secure on its own so I just left it. It's been a few thousand miles & so far so good.

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Originally I had planned to make a bracket for it & connect it to the seat rails, but when I shoved it in there it seemed fairly secure on its own so I just left it. It's been a few thousand miles & so far so good.
I'm curious about the placement. You put it under the driver's seat? I was assuming I was going under the passenger seat. Is there a reason for one or the other?

Morganstein

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm curious about the placement. You put it under the driver's seat? I was assuming I was going under the passenger seat. Is there a reason for one or the other?
2 reasons:
1. It was easier to run the wires to the driver's seat since I was running power on that side.
2. I drive by myself most of the time so it seemed the most logical spot. I didn't research this reason.

Bblake12

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L 2021 Black Diamond Bronco, 2012 LR4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2 reasons:
1. It was easier to run the wires to the driver's seat since I was running power on that side.
2. I drive by myself most of the time so it seemed the most logical spot. I didn't research this reason.
Can you take a picture of the mounting, I am trying to figure out how to fit mine under the seat.

Sponsored

Morganstein

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you take a picture of the mounting, I am trying to figure out how to fit mine under the seat.
I can take some pics later, but I literally just shoved it under the LF seat from the back. I didn't actually "mount" it because it's a pretty tight fit on it's own.

Bblake12

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L 2021 Black Diamond Bronco, 2012 LR4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know, I did some test fitting on the passenger side and it was pretty tight. I will try the drivers side. I also saw your pics from another thread so no need for pics. I was concerned about the movement of the seat though and the sub moving.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've got this Kenwood installed under my LF seat:

Kenwood KSC-SW11 @ Amazon
How do you like it? Iā€™m also wanting something discrete. Iā€™d like to feel comfortable leaving my soft top unlocked with nothing obvious to steal. I also saw an earlier post of the JBL BassPro Nano under the seat and Iā€™m debating between the JBL and the Kenwood.

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just put one of these in today. For the price and size wow what a difference. I am not sure where Iā€™m going to mount it yet. Under the rear seat wonā€™t work, I may try to stash it where the standard B&O sub goes since I donā€™t have the B&O setup. Just not sure how it would sound completely consealed by the plastic panel. Right now itā€™s in the rear seat back rear facing. Iā€™m not even remotely knowledgeable about amp/sub tuning but this has more than enough bass for my needs.
Ford Bronco Has anyone installed a powered under the seat subwoofer to the base head unit?.... F276C5DD-6705-4B2D-98CD-D9A86DA1C5E3

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone thatā€™s installed one under a front seat, Iā€™m assuming this is behind/blocking the floor AC/heat vent?

I measured the storage compartment under the cargo space where the jack is and I think a 7x11x3.5 mini sub like the jbl or Kenwood would fit there, but I donā€™t know how thatā€™ll sound šŸ¤”

Sponsored

Morganstein

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want to do this as well. So I need a wire to the battery and one to the head unit?

How did you install?
One to the battery , 1 to a trigger (I'm currently using a fuse tap to a keyed fuse), 1 for ground, and then wires to tap into your kick panel speakers.

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

While I havenā€™t settle in a final location yet I installed this. Itā€™s small sounds great I really donā€™t want to give up the folding seat option. Iā€™m hoping to hide it in the factory sub location when the weather breaks and I can pull the interior apart.
Ford Bronco Has anyone installed a powered under the seat subwoofer to the base head unit?.... 9032BB0A-4C7F-441A-BC38-1730742AA1F5

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pics from my install: