Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi,

So I have been on the fence about buying a hood protector ($89 off the Ford accessory site) for my Bronco, and now that I have it scheduled for production in October, I thought this would be the best time to hear some feedback on whether it is worth getting one or not. Does anyone have one for their Bronco and maybe can share some photos and/or opinions on it? I am thinking since I am in Florida, it could help protect the paint against them Love Bugs that come around twice a year, and other road debris.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Check out @HypebeastDad he has a YouTube video that may be the piece you are asking about.

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I would also like to see the smoke one installed...

Sponsored

RJC

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ordered all that stuff. As well as the body moldings Already have had people park next to me, very annoyed, hope it protects.
so did I .... but I'm hoping the side step on mine will be enough for people parked next to me

RJC

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so did I .... but I'm hoping the side step on mine will be enough for people parked next to me
Not sure about side step it appears to get in way of off-road fun. I can still lift my leg to pee so I will wait for after market on that. I going to see if I can modify the armour to use magnet tape. Let you know. I'm surprised with the neg comments, apparently these folks don't drive to grocery store

Sponsored

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not sure about side step it appears to get in way of off-road fun. I can still lift my leg to pee so I will wait for after market on that. I going to see if I can modify the armour to use magnet tape. Let you know. I'm surprised with the neg comments, apparently these folks don't drive to grocery store
I'm more into off road desert runs than rock climbing so I think the side steps will be fine for my application, and even at that, I'm no where close to a hardcore off roader.
Yeah some of the people on this forum not only don't drive to the grocery store they are off roaders 24/7. I figure if I go super hardcore I will still be on the pavement 5 days a week, so i gotta balance things out.

they do sell moldings that run across the lower portion of the doors, have you seen 'em?

RJC

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm more into off road desert runs than rock climbing so I think the side steps will be fine for my application, and even at that, I'm no where close to a hardcore off roader.
Yeah some of the people on this forum not only don't drive to the grocery store they are off roaders 24/7. I figure if I go super hardcore I will still be on the pavement 5 days a week, so i gotta balance things out.

they do sell moldings that run across the lower portion of the doors, have you seen 'em?
Yes, I ordered the body side molding and the bronco comes with rockrails, the only other armour I will get is for the sill plates. I'm having a hard time finding a brush / bull guard for the grill. The factory one is 500$, way to much. I think it's early yet for aftermarket but iv seen a lot of good pictures

wvpcupp

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 SAS 2 DOOR BIG BEND
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have an Aeroskin II and it creates turbulence that make the windshield washers unusable at highway speeds.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have an Aeroskin II and it creates turbulence that make the windshield washers unusable at highway speeds.
I don't have that problem with mine maybe your definition of highway speeds is different than mine.
Sponsored