Sponsored

Has Anyone Purchased An Old Bronco Since the 2021 Bronco Was Announced?

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport MT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Either out of excitement, or frustration with what will likely be a pretty long wait for your very own 2021 to arrive?

If so, what did you buy, how are you liking it, did you get a good deal?
Sponsored

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I want to but I live in the DMV and it would be a rust bucket in short order.

TheFuzzyBunny

Black Diamond
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did, it's my profile picture. I got it as my lease will expire before I get my 2021 Bronco. I love it.

OP
OP
BruckinFonco

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I want to but I live in the DMV and it would be a rust bucket in short order.
I hear you. I live just outside NYC and owned a classic Mini until it started rusting to the point that it was completely unsafe to drive.

OP
OP
BruckinFonco

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I did, it's my profile picture. I got it as my lease will expire before I get my 2021 Bronco. I love it.
Great color! Are you doing a similar blue on your 2021 or something totally different? Do you think you'll keep both?

Sponsored

Proudy202

Black Diamond
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice! I've been looking at a few '96s, I'm going mansquatch and guess I'll be a later delivery (also depending on my accessories and options in the B&P)

My current '03 Jeep Grand Cherokee has seen better days and the mid 90s Bronco is what got me wanting a new one in the first place!

The irony that a delay on my new bronco will likely push me to buy an old one ?

TheFuzzyBunny

Black Diamond
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great color! Are you doing a similar blue on your 2021 or something totally different? Do you think you'll keep both?
I'm currently considering Velocity blue with a black top, so yeah very similar colors. Hoping to keep both, I'll need a vehicle in a few years to hand off to the kids. We'll see though.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got our 96 in 2018 so kind of. I knew the Bronco was coming by then. I talked my brother in law into buying it. He drove it for a year or so before he bought a truck which his wife promptly took since she works on a ranch. Its a XLT with track locks and dual shocks. Basically the sasquatch of 96. 351 and push button transfer case. I made bumpers and roof racks, then mounted 4 F/R lightpods with a multifunction light bar on the bumpers. Also put a MSD cap and Accel coil on it. And a beefy trans cooler with fan. Next up on its list is the A/C system and reinforcing the rusted rear portion of the drip rails and door jamb corner rust. I am also thinking about making rock sliders that will be the support for the front of the roof rack and basically exocage the rear half of it. We love it even if there is some broken plastic and bits in it. We also camp with a roof top tent on it occasionally. I also made a custom padded center console that has 4 cup holders a 1000 watt inverter and a fridge/freezer. I love having ice cold drinks always. Its a super reliable daily driver and I think our next town
Ford Bronco Has Anyone Purchased An Old Bronco Since the 2021 Bronco Was Announced? 0817201355
trip will take it to 200,000 miles.
Ford Bronco Has Anyone Purchased An Old Bronco Since the 2021 Bronco Was Announced? IMG_4714
Ford Bronco Has Anyone Purchased An Old Bronco Since the 2021 Bronco Was Announced? DSCN0480.JPG

Yes those cupholders on the padded area are toilet flanges. They hold a can perfectly.
Ford Bronco Has Anyone Purchased An Old Bronco Since the 2021 Bronco Was Announced? DSCN0478.JPG

Bladerunner24

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 expedition, 67 camaro rs, 89 bmw 535i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I looked for some 70's but they wanted about 30k with no creature comforts. I decided to wait for one with ac

CarolinaKristi

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sienna /Ford F150/ '67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This one belongs to my husband's cousin - he won't sell it to me but at least he took us out riding the back roads and down to the lake in it for my birthday ? I think it's a '96 and I really like the size of it. I'm afraid the new 4dr is going to be a little small for me to haul around my people, dogs and stuff! Planning to make good use of the roof racks
Ford Bronco Has Anyone Purchased An Old Bronco Since the 2021 Bronco Was Announced? inbound2676303872074932983

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This one belongs to my husband's cousin - he won't sell it to me but at least he took us out riding the back roads and down to the lake in it for my birthday ? I think it's a '96 and I really like the size of it. I'm afraid the new 4dr is going to be a little small for me to haul around my people, dogs and stuff! Planning to make good use of the roof racks
inbound2676303872074932983.jpg
Yeah the FSBs were really the perfect size. You could see in my pic that i load it up. In that pic i had 2 dogs, SUP board and paddle, boogie board, rake, 2 hammocks, 3 chairs, tarp, umbrella, doggie wheelchair, 7 gallons of water, beach gear, and my fridge freezer is always between the front seats(something i will miss). That day we still had seating for 4 humans.
The FSBs are somehow almost the same dimensions as the 4 door, yet somehow way smaller inside. I hope that they announce a bigger one by the time I can buy probably 2022, then I can convince my wife to get a 2 door toy and a bigger one later!

Last edited:

CarolinaKristi

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sienna /Ford F150/ '67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah the FSBs were really the perfect size. You could see in my pic hos i load it up. In that pic i had 2 dogs, SUP board and paddle, boogie board, rake, 2 hammocks, 3 chairs, tarp, umbrella, doggie wheelchair, 7 gallons of water, beach gear, and my fridge freezer is always between the front seats(something i will miss). That day we still had seating for 4 humans.
The FSBs are somehow almost the same dimensions as the 4 door, yet somehow way smaller inside. I hope that they announce a bigger one by the time I can buy probably 2022, then I can convince my wife to get a 2 door toy and a bigger one later!
I like the way you roll! I love road trips and bringing everything I need with me. I foresee a lot of accessories in my future- you should patent that fridge/freezer/drink holder!

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I got our 96 in 2018 so kind of. I knew the Bronco was coming by then. I talked my brother in law into buying it. He drove it for a year or so before he bought a truck which his wife promptly took since she works on a ranch. Its a XLT with track locks and dual shocks. Basically the sasquatch of 96. 351 and push button transfer case. I made bumpers and roof racks, then mounted 4 F/R lightpods with a multifunction light bar on the bumpers. Also put a MSD cap and Accel coil on it. And a beefy trans cooler with fan. Next up on its list is the A/C system and reinforcing the rusted rear portion of the drip rails and door jamb corner rust. I am also thinking about making rock sliders that will be the support for the front of the roof rack and basically exocage the rear half of it. We love it even if there is some broken plastic and bits in it. We also camp with a roof top tent on it occasionally. I also made a custom padded center console that has 4 cup holders a 1000 watt inverter and a fridge/freezer. I love having ice cold drinks always. Its a super reliable daily driver and I think our next town
Ford Bronco Has Anyone Purchased An Old Bronco Since the 2021 Bronco Was Announced? 20200912_170538
trip will take it to 200,000 miles.
Ford Bronco Has Anyone Purchased An Old Bronco Since the 2021 Bronco Was Announced? 20200912_170538

Yes those cupholders on the padded area are toilet flanges. They hold a can perfectly.
That is bad ass?
Years ago i met these 2 girls surfing and after seeing for about a week at my local spot they told me they we driving to mexico in a bronco just like yours.
Well they asked me to come with them and said it would be fun and great to have a guy with them,i ended up not going due to being in a new relationship but the day they left i saw them drive off and noticed their plate PRNSTR ?
Sponsored