Sponsored

Has anyone purchased/installed the soft tonneau cover?

fraserjr

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious if anyone has purchased and use Ford Cargo Area Tonneau Cover Soft Canvas? I want some "security theater" for stuff when the roof is off and I am parked in a public area. I know it won't prevent anyone from cutting the top but I figure its safer if its out of site. However, looking at the photos, it looks like you can't open the tailgate to access your stuff since the straps wrap around the tailgate. I am curious if anyone has used this and what their experience is.

Ford Bronco Has anyone purchased/installed the soft tonneau cover? 1633009442033
Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't used it, but I think the clips are right at the top of the tailgate, so you (or a would-be thief, really) would just need to unclip the clips and open the gate.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have it rolled up waiting for my Bronco. Once I get it and have it installed I’ll post again. But my build date is supposed to be 10-18-21, we shall see though.

BandofEskimoBrothers

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I haven't used it, but I think the clips are right at the top of the tailgate, so you (or a would-be thief, really) would just need to unclip the clips and open the gate.
I don't think anyone intends the soft tonneau to stop a thief. More to stop things (clothes, trash, etc.) in the back from blowing out while driving with the top off.

harperrb

Wildtrak
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the same question but specifically it's application for the two-door. I didn't see (or missed) if it's limited to the four-door model, but it appears only to be.

I would love a two-door version that ends at the B-pillar and with the rear seats folded down.

Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think anyone intends the soft tonneau to stop a thief. More to stop things (clothes, trash, etc.) in the back from blowing out while driving with the top off.
I get that, but my point was it isn't even going to stop anyone with prying eyes, really. It would take literally a second to pop one of the clips and take a peek to see if there's anything worth stealing.

BandofEskimoBrothers

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I get that, but my point was it isn't even going to stop anyone with prying eyes, really. It would take literally a second to pop one of the clips and take a peek to see if there's anything worth stealing.
Not any different than the whole soft top then is it?

texasgreazer

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I like the cover, but those straps down the back look really cheap. There has to be a better way to have done that!

OP
OP
fraserjr

fraserjr

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the cover, but those straps down the back look really cheap. There has to be a better way to have done that!
Agreed. I am also wondering if you can just not use them? I guess that may cause the cover to flap in the wind.

texasgreazer

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Agreed. I am also wondering if you can just not use them? I guess that may cause the cover to flap in the wind.
I'm thinking it would. Needed some kind of cross bar for the cover that the door closes against. Would look cleaner and allow the door to fully function.

Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I want one of these but I decided to wait for aftermarket options. The straps are killing it for me and I'm sure someone will make a much better looking one in the near future. Since I'm not getting delivery for another month or so, I wouldn't be using it in the winter anyway. I would wait if you're not sold on it 100%.

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would like to see Mastertop or someone make a Tonneau cover with window that could somehow work with the factory soft top so that I could run without the side and rear windows and have the cover work something like the Master top. I think the issue will be probably wouldn't be able to fold the soft top all the way back, or there would have to be a ton of velcro splits in the tonneau cover to allow the soft top to come back all the way folded.
Ford Bronco Has anyone purchased/installed the soft tonneau cover? 1642793401822

Pic of the Mastertop window/tonneau cover for Jeeps.
MasterTop® Ultimate Summer Combo
http://www.mastertop.com/products/new-products/

Ford Bronco Has anyone purchased/installed the soft tonneau cover? 1642793434541

Notbostrom

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would like to see Mastertop or someone make a Tonneau cover with window that could somehow work with the factory soft top so that I could run without the side and rear windows and have the cover work something like the Master top. I think the issue will be probably wouldn't be able to fold the soft top all the way back, or there would have to be a ton of velcro splits in the tonneau cover to allow the soft top to come back all the way folded.
Ford Bronco Has anyone purchased/installed the soft tonneau cover? 1642793434541

Pic of the Mastertop window/tonneau cover for Jeeps.
MasterTop® Ultimate Summer Combo
http://www.mastertop.com/products/new-products/

I would buy this the day it's available
Sponsored