Sponsored

Has anyone purchased their Bronco before taking delivery?

mdk77

Base
First Name
BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I get that there is risk such as the Bronco having issues upon delivery, however curious on whether anyone has done this. I am also wondering if a dealership could even do this without the vehicle physically present. I think the upside would be make sure there is no tampering with the cost, hidden fees, etc after delivery.
Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hmmmm

Ford Bronco Has anyone purchased their Bronco before taking delivery? image000000 (1)

I think the potential negatives outweigh any positives. If there's anything damaged, wrong, something not right.

Best thing to do would be line up your own financing and get a signed balance due upon delivery

Last edited:

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get that there is risk such as the Bronco having issues upon delivery, however curious on whether anyone has done this. I am also wondering if a dealership could even do this without the vehicle physically present. I think the upside would be make sure there is no tampering with the cost, hidden fees, etc after delivery.
I would never do that. there are so many reasons not to do this!

1Five1 Garage

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend, F350, 4Runner, 52 Ford F1 RatRod
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You won't be able to purchase it until it shows up in there inventory. When that is, who knows.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Uh, yeah, can't even do that.

Sponsored

stormtrooper

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealership told me they can process the sale after there is a VIN, they prompted this info, I didn't ask for it but I would never do it in case there is any issues during transport or from factory.

1Five1 Garage

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would be worried about damages. If something happened you might get stuck with the bill, or have to fight it... meanwhile you wouldn't have the bronco.

side note... anything under 2.5k in damages they can fix and do NOT have to report it to you. so when you find out it is there go find it and inspect it yourself...

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They can still add fees after it shows up. It’s not your vehicle until they sign it over to you. You gain nothing.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer is 600 miles away. I'm expecting delivery in a few weeks. Already sent him my financing paperwork, (USAA Funding Request Form). He'll process the paperwork a day or two before I pick up my Bronco. Works for me!

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I need to do something kinda like this. I need to have a final number so i can order a cashiers check from another state. Surely i can get the paperwork final and have it in motion.

Sponsored

1Five1 Garage

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealership told me they can process the sale after there is a VIN, they prompted this info, I didn't ask for it but I would never do it in case there is any issues during transport or from factory.
Hmm... My wife worked at a ford dealer and currently at a Toyota dealer and unless it shows up in their inventory list they cant sell it. if all i have to do is produce a vin.... Hell, there are a crap ton out there on this forum... just pick one.

When My wife bought her Bronco Sport, the dealership had to contact Ford to release the vehicle to them to sell. It just arrived on the truck as we were getting the paperwork done.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you can't trust your dealer to be up front and follow through with an agreed upon price, it might be time to find another dealer.

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

side note... anything under 2.5k in damages they can fix and do NOT have to report it to you.
Not exactly correct, much has to do with your particular state.

The buyer is also relying upon the honesty of the dealer, and we’ve all seen some pretty shady operators reported here.
Sponsored