Sponsored

Has anyone removed base seat upholstery yet?

Mario3241

Base
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a BaseSquatch and I’m thinking about installing heated seat pads from Amazon on the butt and the back. Has anyone removed the cloth seating that could tell me how they’re attached. Mainly wondering if I have to mess with hog rings to pull this off or just clips and Velcro. .
Sponsored

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, I took mine off. Hog rings in the middle, clips and Velcro on the outside

RalBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Please let us know what you end up doing here. Sounds interesting, and I have a base on the way.

OP
OP

Mario3241

Base
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, I took mine off. Hog rings in the middle, clips and Velcro on the outside
Hmm. So would you say if I needed access to the lower back and seat, I may be able to leave the hog rings alone and just work with the clips and Velcro?

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hmm. So would you say if I needed access to the lower back and seat, I may be able to leave the hog rings alone and just work with the clips and Velcro?
No. Hog rings are located exactly where you would add heat panels. Where you see the seams pulled in, hog rings. Lots of them. I added heat and katzkinz leather. Not hard to disassemble and re install with new hog rings. But at that point just add the leather.

Sponsored

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No. Hog rings are located exactly where you would add heat panels. Where you see the seams pulled in, hog rings. Lots of them. I added heat and katzkinz leather. Not hard to disassemble and re install with new hog rings. But at that point just add the leather.
Can you please post pics of the new covers and heat controls installed?

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But I don't want leather, I hate leather. Velour, maybe, but never leather.

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

But I don't want leather, I hate leather. Velour, maybe, but never leather.
It’s my opinion. I couldn't care less what you want

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

EMBronco

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The leather looks great. I've been looking at Katzkin and will probably change out to leather when my Bronco gets here in Feb. I do have a couple of questions about your install. 1. Was there existing power for the seat heaters at the consult/seats, or did you have to run power. 2. I've seen people cut the heat mats to fit their seat, is this what you did for the hog rings, cut a hole where they needed to placed.

Sponsored

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The leather looks great. I've been looking at Katzkin and will probably change out to leather when my Bronco gets here in Feb. I do have a couple of questions about your install. 1. Was there existing power for the seat heaters at the consult/seats, or did you have to run power. 2. I've seen people cut the heat mats to fit their seat, is this what you did for the hog rings, cut a hole where they needed to placed.
I wired it to passenger side kick panel and used the aux switch wire. I cut 2 long narrow holes(2”x10”) in each heat panel leaving the outside main wires intact. The 2” gap closes when the sides dip into ditch. Hard to explain till you see it in front of you. FYI, my hands were very sore from squeezing so many hog rings. I wish I took more pics.

EMBronco

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wired it to passenger side kick panel and used the aux switch wire. I cut 2 long narrow holes(2”x10”) in each heat panel leaving the outside main wires intact. The 2” gap closes when the sides dip into ditch. Hard to explain till you see it in front of you. FYI, my hands were very sore from squeezing so many hog rings. I wish I took more pics.
Thanks for the details. The long narrow hole makes complete sense. I was originally thinking I’d put the switch on the outside of the seat base, but I think I like the placement you did in the center consul.

OP
OP

Mario3241

Base
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ugh. I bet. That’s the downside of the Bronco being so new. Not really any walkthrough videos yet. But maybe it’s the same as other vehicles and I could just watch those. Thanks for sharing!! Also, how much did the Katskinz run you?

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ugh. I bet. That’s the downside of the Bronco being so new. Not really any walkthrough videos yet. But maybe it’s the same as other vehicles and I could just watch those. Thanks for sharing!! Also, how much did the Katskinz run you?
I bought the katzkinz for $700 from a member on this forum. So I didn’t get to choose the design but I’m ok with all black for that price.
Sponsored