Sponsored

Has anyone seen what the new MIC roof looks like?

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aren't we talking about two different MIC production plants?

• original Webasto plant with updated tooling
  • new plant owned by somebody (??) with all new equipment

Sounds like there are some revised tops coming out of the original Webasto plant, plus the 'new' plant gets production equipment installed in September
Iā€™m speechlessā€¦
Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That makes me feel like we're right on top of things. :confused:
You can't discredit what you quoted me saying any more than you can validate others saying a bunch if V2 tops have already been made... And they're almost production ready. šŸ˜…šŸ˜…

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So how many tops will be delivered in September?

How many V2 tops are being produced daily?

Just asking for a friend... LOL.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They also said dirt lot people would be hearing in September (4-6 weeks after announcement) and FEs have been getting scheduled for last 2 weeks of September. Hoping for overdeliver scenario, but it's a waste of time to speculate and just gets people here all worked up when we do.
Iā€™m not expecting an over deliver situation. OVER PROMISE and UNDER DELIVER is my expectation.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You can't discredit what you quoted me saying any more than you can validate others saying a bunch if V2 tops have already been made... And they're almost production ready. šŸ˜…šŸ˜…
I agree with that, but you're reply had so many holes in it that you are clearly guessing. So many insist on speculation with no facts to back up what they write. Some even dispute Ford when they say something. Like I said earlier, if it doesn't come from @PREMiERdrum or Ford themselves, I'll take it with a giant grain of salt.

Sponsored

SasBLSven

Badlands
First Name
Steen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it'll look exactly the same, just that the outer plastic layer is a bit thicker (which you can't really see). It will be the same greyish color, you can't get it in any other color, if that's what you're asking. Nor was that ever an option. The painted top is delayed until late next year (if that), and that was going to be available in black or body color if I recall correctly. But I never looked at it that closely.
Is the painted top the same as the MOD top? I ordered with the MIC top, but told my dealer I wanted the MOD top. I said I can wait for MY23.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the painted top the same as the MOD top? I ordered with the MIC top, but told my dealer I wanted the MOD top. I said I can wait for MY23.
MIC=Molded in Color, or the Gray colored plastic top. Only hardtop available for MY21/22
MOD=Modular Top, Black Painted, moved to MY23+(maybe with body color and white option)

SasBLSven

Badlands
First Name
Steen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
MIC=Molded in Color, or the Gray colored plastic top. Only hardtop available for MY21/22
MOD=Modular Top, Black Painted, moved to MY23+(maybe with body color and white option)
Ok, that's what I was thinking. Thanks

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They had already said quite awhile ago that they were redesigning the roof for ā€˜22 to accommodate a higher load rating.
Do you have a source or quote for that MIC weight capacity redesign? I've heard it said, but not from Ford. I know MOD tops are in the future, those may have higher capacity . . .

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have a source or quote for that MIC weight capacity redesign? I've heard it said, but not from Ford. I know MOD tops are in the future, those may have higher capacity . . .
I have not read anything about weight capacity, just some nebulous change so you can get the roof rack with badsquatch or something along those lines. I don't think weight capacity will change at all for a roof like this, at least not in any meaningful way. It'll still be some plastic wrapping honeycomb 'cardboard' in the center. For more weight you'll need an exoskeleton or a rack that attaches to the roll bars through the roof, like they also make for the Wrangler.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I seriously doubt itā€™s going to be a new design. Just better executed. Thereā€™s no way they would have been able to redesign and retool this quickly. Even Ford.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We've made a lot of assumptions calling this MIC 2.0, I'm starting to suspect they dusted off MIC 1.0 and it was 2.0 that was thinned.
Ford called it version 2