Sponsored

Has anyone spoken to a Ford salesman that actually knew as much as you do?

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since the start of this journey, I have been to about 5 dealerships hunting down one thing or another. It amazes me how little salesmen know about the Bronco. It feels like the average salesman is five steps behind. Is it lack of briefing from corporate? Or is it my involvement on the forum that puts me five steps ahead? I am not sure.

Today's experience tipped the scales - I was seeking out carb gray on the explorer. Spoke to a salesman for a five minutes about when he thinks Bronco Sports will be coming to the lot so I could see Area 51. He spent three minutes trying to convince me that the color Area 51 is not a Ford color, and I was mistaken. Like with conviction - the color Area 51 does not exist, nor will exist on future models. Then when asked if he had the color binder, he also claimed no such thing exists. Not that his dealer didnt get them, but the book itself simply were never a thing....I have many other examples from other dealers, but this one was pretty eye popping.

Here I am, mapping out when each Bronco color will be coming out in conjunction with each model's estimated delivery date....and a salesman doesnt even know the #1 popular color for the Bronco even exists? It's such a crazy disconnect.

The reason this is somewhat concerning is that during the unknowns of the ordering process and dealer allocations, I find it hard to believe that when we are in need of answers, we'll get clarity from dealers. Luckily, my dealer is very knowledgeable, and I feel that I'm in good hands...but of the other 5 dealerships I went to, the lack of knowledge was incredible. That's 5 out of 6. I could see this becoming a little problematic, big picture...
Salespeople NEVER know ANYTHING, sorry salespeople!
Sponsored

absquared

Badlands
First Name
Alison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150/Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My salesperson is awesome! Ok, I'm my own salesperson so I'm bias. :) Unfortunately, most dealerships don't focus on production knowledge anymore and most salespeople don't learn the product until it arrives on the lot. Even then they learn the basics and rely on most people already knowing what they want to buy when they come in. At least that's my opinion from my last 19 years of experience at a dealership.

Reactions: abe

Buffalo Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never crossed my mind to ask any dealer anything. As long as they submit my order correctly, they can be dumb as a doornob.
I agree but the question can be - do they submit the order? I went into the dealer 1/25/21, signed a build sheet with all my options and complete pricing MSRP with no ADM, priority code 19, and paid additional $500.00 deposit. Everything seemed in order with others experiences on this site.

I was then happy for two days until I noticed my MyFord account was still only showing the reservation and no order. I contacted the dealer and they gave me some crap excuse that Ford was waiting until mid-February to « pull over the orders » which we know is not true but I gave them the benefit of the doubt. It is now mid-February and the order has not been placed. I contacted Ford service and they told me they cannot make the dealer actually convert the build sheet into an order.

Now I am looking for a new dealer.

Maybe not an issue for those on this forum because we know to check the MyFord accounts but how many people out there think they have converted their reservation to an order when in fact it has not, like mine was not, every actually submitted?

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You guys are being way too harsh. We are rabid fans. Trolling this forum hours a day to learn even a morsel more information about our beloved vehicle. A dealer is worried about their next sale so they aren't disappointed with next week's paycheck. They get paid based on sales, you know. A Bronco that won't even be on the road until September, and a vehicle I can't sell from the showroom until 2023? Please, may as well be a unicorn.

Last edited:

Sabresusmc

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 ford f-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree but the question can be - do they submit the order? I went into the dealer 1/25/21, signed a build sheet with all my options and complete pricing MSRP with no ADM, priority code 19, and paid additional $500.00 deposit. Everything seemed in order with others experiences on this site.

I was then happy for two days until I noticed my MyFord account was still only showing the reservation and no order. I contacted the dealer and they gave me some crap excuse that Ford was waiting until mid-February to « pull over the orders » which we know is not true but I gave them the benefit of the doubt. It is now mid-February and the order has not been placed. I contacted Ford service and they told me they cannot make the dealer actually convert the build sheet into an order.

Maybe not an issue for those on this forum because we know to check the MyFord accounts but how many people out there think they have converted their reservation to an order when in fact it has not, like mine was not, every actually submitted?

im ordering through West Herr and had the same issue. I went back today to find out why and they said they were submitting them all at the same time in March

Sponsored

devhodge

Big Bend
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I went in today to convert my rez to order and I had accessory (fold down table and cargo liner) part numbers and there was a Ford corporate guy there that asked me where I found the part numbers. I told him Bronco6g... He was impressed (so was the salesperson).

Buffalo Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
im ordering through West Herr and had the same issue. I went back today to find out why and they said they were submitting them all at the same time in March
Interesting, I am at West Herr as well and they told me mid-February (email). Problem is, if we wait until March and they are not telling us the truth then there is little/no time to change dealers.

My concern: Ford customer service told me today they are making a lot of dealer changes because some are refusing to convert reservations to orders. They have discovered that if they only submit orders up to their allocation amount then they can cheat the time stamp and jump their preferred customers to the front of the line. Example - if they have 50 allocations and only submit 50 orders then those get filled and all they have to do is to not convert anymore reservations until after March or later. There is no way to force a dealer to convert any reservation to an order regardless of timestamp. Having a signed build sheet only confirms the price - it does not confirm when/if it will actually be submitted.

I have not had issues with this dealer in the past so I guess I have to decide if I am willing to take the risk and trust them or change to a different dealer.

Crazy to think I am so stupid love drunk for a Bronco that I am willing to beg to spend $57,000.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I never understood it. If you were paid to be THE guy at the dealer for a specific make and model, I would know every fucking thing about that vehicle. I never understood these guys who know less than me as the consumer on a product.

best way to earn my business? Know the product as well as I do and share my enthusiasm.

rak2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 - sold
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The lack of knowledge is really sad and scary at the same time. Being an old dude I've seen salesmen with incorrect or lacking knowledge at Ford, Toyota, Nissan, and Mazda. Often just studying the brochure for that model will have you more prepared than the sales guy.
Be prepared.... .. .

RPhillips1972

Black Diamond
First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jk
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Since the start of this journey, I have been to about 5 dealerships hunting down one thing or another. It amazes me how little salesmen know about the Bronco. It feels like the average salesman is five steps behind. Is it lack of briefing from corporate? Or is it my involvement on the forum that puts me five steps ahead? I am not sure.

Today's experience tipped the scales - I was seeking out carb gray on the explorer. Spoke to a salesman for a five minutes about when he thinks Bronco Sports will be coming to the lot so I could see Area 51. He spent three minutes trying to convince me that the color Area 51 is not a Ford color, and I was mistaken. Like with conviction - the color Area 51 does not exist, nor will exist on future models. Then when asked if he had the color binder, he also claimed no such thing exists. Not that his dealer didnt get them, but the book itself simply were never a thing....I have many other examples from other dealers, but this one was pretty eye popping.

Here I am, mapping out when each Bronco color will be coming out in conjunction with each model's estimated delivery date....and asalesman doesnt even know the #1 popular color for the Bronco even exists? It's such a crazy disconnect.

The reason this is somewhat concerning is that during the unknowns of the ordering process and dealer allocations, I find it hard to believe that when we are in need of answers, we'll get clarity from dealers. Luckily, my dealer is very knowledgeable, and I feel that I'm in good hands...but of the other 5 dealerships I went to, the lack of knowledge was incredible. That's 5 out of 6. I could see this becoming a little problematic, big picture...
My local dealer has been very helpful, but it was clear from the beginning that I knew alot more about options and specifics than he did. I know they deal with alot more vehicles on a daily basis and the bronco is not even out yet. still kinda funny when they tell me a big bend is sasquatch only....clearly a typo on the ordering guide

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interesting, I am at West Herr as well and they told me mid-February (email). Problem is, if we wait until March and they are not telling us the truth then there is little/no time to change dealers.

My concern: Ford customer service told me today they are making a lot of dealer changes because some are refusing to convert reservations to orders. They have discovered that if they only submit orders up to their allocation amount then they can cheat the time stamp and jump their preferred customers to the front of the line. Example - if they have 50 allocations and only submit 50 orders then those get filled and all they have to do is to not convert anymore reservations until after March or later. There is no way to force a dealer to convert any reservation to an order regardless of timestamp. Having a signed build sheet only confirms the price - it does not confirm when/if it will actually be submitted.

I have not had issues with this dealer in the past so I guess I have to decide if I am willing to take the risk and trust them or change to a different dealer.

Crazy to think I am so stupid love drunk for a Bronco that I am willing to beg to spend $57,000.
6G posters are ahead of the games dealers want to play. First time I've seen this one. Not surprising. If you want to roll the dice on a scumbag, go for it. Too many good dealers posting up in here to deal with that shit...

RogueLobo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope, local dealerships have no relevant information about the Bronco.

TiredOldMedic

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mercury Grand Marquis, 86 Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sold Harleys for a year and we had online classes that we had to take prior to the release of new models. The video highlighted the features on each bike and our sales manager would drill us on each model and we had to do walkarounds to point out the features to the customer. we practiced this a lot during slow times at the dealership. I don't know if car sales are the same way or not.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Advisor was a reservation holder and had the same level of information that I had at the point of order. Thanks Bronco6G. (y)

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not yet.