Sponsored

Has anyone spoken to a Ford salesman that actually knew as much as you do?

john houseman

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150, 2000 F-250, 1969 Cougar Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My salesman knows very little also, and he has a reservation for one himself. Ford gives them very little information. The managers don't ask or seek out the information from Ford either. Content doing their day to day nothing routine. I've explained about this forum as well as the mustang forum (plan to also get a Mach 1). They still don't take the time to look it up. I use to work there, and anytime a new product was coming out, I made sure I knew as much or more about my own product than the customer would. It's hard to find good employees today, especially in management positions. Glad there are places like Grainger out there. Just wish they were closer so that I could use them and have some confidence my order would be handled the right way. Instead, I have to do it all myself, and my dealership is still not discussing price with me. LOL It'll be their own fault if they lose a sale. I'm not in a hurry because several of my wanted options will be late or 2022 availability. Patience has always paid off for me.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

*raises hand. I have the time and I am great at my job, I handle internet and phone sales and coordinate with the entire sales team and juggle countless customers and leads simultaneously while having a strong presence here. This may be the case for some dealers but the bronco matters too, it may not be here yet but that doesn't mean these customers don't matter. We are still customers
Thank you!

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Area 51...The Truth Is Out There

jboes13

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in the same boat as you man, the only time we got any info that wasn't here was todays bronco broadcast and the only new thing beyond non answers and innuendo from ford was that the majority of the 200 accessories are dio's and will be in b and p eventually and showed a very unclear and uninformative video of 2 guys taking off a hard top and doors at like 4x speed from 20 ft away
I get the feeling we may hear more. Once they are done in pre-production phase. Although this is I wanna say the second vehicle they have ever put up for reservation. So potentially some kinks to work out. Right, I agree with you. I hope to hear more or have training come up here shortly

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My dealer has been incommunicado this entire process except at the beginning when the wanted to sell me a Bronco Sport.

Sponsored

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer was only communicative when I wanted to test drive a Ranger, otherwise it's been crickets and they've had no idea about anything.
Unfortunately that's how it's like for every dealer around me so.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is how I expect this purchase to go too.

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well in fact........ No..

Valok

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My guy ordered a antimatter f150 and a carb gray explorer to help me with color options but he has told me multiple times that I probably have more info on the bronco then him.

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I get the feeling we may hear more. Once they are done in pre-production phase. Although this is I wanna say the second vehicle they have ever put up for reservation. So potentially some kinks to work out. Right, I agree with you. I hope to hear more or have training come up here shortly
I sure hope so my friend

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've found salesmen and customers know this same thing... "I'll have to go talk to the manager."

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I stopped into a local dealer this week to test drive the Ranger, explaining that my Bronco reservation was with another dealer but since they were local I'd like to compare the 2.3 and 2.7 engines. He had no idea that the Bronco was being offered with the 2.7

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can understand a salesperson not knowing all fo the information. However, what I usually encounter is a salesperson who thinks he/she knows everything but doesn't. That is the problem. If you don't know, then say so, but also say that you'll do some research and get back to you. It's really not that difficult.

The biggest turnoff for a buyer is a dishonest salesperson.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I called my dealer because I have not heard anything from than since I reserved July 14th. I was asking about the pricing. He talked right past me when I tried to explain I had a reservation on a BL and what they would charge. He said if they get one on their lot I couldn't buy it for less than $60k. I said this won't be on your lot. I have reserved it and it will only be delivered to your lot and not for sale. I then mentioned invoice and he said no way any dealer will be doing invoice. I tried to tell him how to find out I wasn't trying to BS him but talked over me. Finally got him to find out and talked to the manager. MSRP.

Cooknn

Badlands
First Name
David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just had a conversation with another Sales Manager in town. He’s the second one to tell me the process to move from reservation to order will begin with an email from Ford to me. Told me that’s how it worked for the Mach-E.
Sponsored