Sponsored

Has anyone successfully changed dealers yet?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So has anyone changed dealers on Ford's website, and can confirm that their reservation number did NOT change?

I am sweating bullets changing this given i have a very early reservation. My dealer is being squirrely and i found another dealer that will put in writing no ADM and x plan.
Sponsored

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sure did. Reservation number did not change. It was super painless. The dealer I switched to even called me as I was on hold with Ford as they were switching it.
The money was refunded from the initial dealership within a couple days but I haven’t seen the money come out for the new dealership.

mmcq

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sure did. Reservation number did not change. It was super painless. The dealer I switched to even called me as I was on hold with Ford as they were switching it.
The money was refunded from the initial dealership within a couple days but I haven’t seen the money come out for the new dealership.
You won't end up having to pay $100 to the new dealership. Not sure why Ford's doing it that way but switching dealers results in a $0 reservation.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did anyone notice their reservation date change? I ordered my FE on the 13th but when I switched dealers it said I reserved it on the 14th for some reason. Number stayed the same though.

Figment

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did anyone notice their reservation date change? I ordered my FE on the 13th but when I switched dealers it said I reserved it on the 14th for some reason. Number stayed the same though.
Are you sure your original email had the 7/13 date?

Several of us reserved on 7/13 but received emails that said 7/14.

Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I changed dealers today. My initial reservation had 7/13 and I got an email within the week I think that re-stated to the 14th...something in the email read error but my number was the same when it displayed the 14th. I think the error was maybe with all the crashing Ford just set the date to the 14th. I would not be shocked if all the 13th dates get pushed to 14th.

When I changed dealers today both my reservation number and date stayed the same.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are you sure your original email had the 7/13 date?

Several of us reserved on 7/13 but received emails that said 7/14.
I am glad you said that. I just looked and you are correct. I was emailed on the 13th but the date said the 14th

mystycs

Badlands
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pre-Ordered Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just did it today, took 3 minutes on the phone with Ford. Assured me I will not lose my place in line.

BroncOcotillo

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes. I made the reservation on July 13th but got an email saying July 14th, and the date when I switched dealers says July 14. However, the date on my Ford account shows July 13. Strange. Hopefully it doesn’t matter. The reservation number is the same.

Joshua_D_44

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So this will be the first time I’m buying a new vehicle from a dealership and I need some help.

I made a reservation in the morning on July 14th. I didn’t realize which dealership I picked would make a difference, so I just picked the closest one (young and dumb, I know). There’s another dealership not far away that has two lots and I assume would have a lot more power to get vehicles than the small dealership I picked. So, should I switch my reservation to the bigger dealership? If so, how do I do that and are we sure (as sure as we can be) it won’t result in me getting a bronco later than I would if I stuck with my original reservation dealership?

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

So this will be the first time I’m buying a new vehicle from a dealership and I need some help.

I made a reservation in the morning on July 14th. I didn’t realize which dealership I picked would make a difference, so I just picked the closest one (young and dumb, I know). There’s another dealership not far away that has two lots and I assume would have a lot more power to get vehicles than the small dealership I picked. So, should I switch my reservation to the bigger dealership? If so, how do I do that and are we sure (as sure as we can be) it won’t result in me getting a bronco later than I would if I stuck with my original reservation dealership?

Changing your dealer won't change your spot in line nor will your current choice being a smaller dealer result in getting a Bronco later. What you do need to do is talk with whoever you choose on their pricing strategy and be comfortable with that. Also you might want to read over the pricing/dealership posts, will probably answer some of the questions you have.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just wait for pricing and shop the small dealer and the larger dealer to get your best price..

The size of the dealership does not the determining factor on your Bronco your place in line does that for you..

You can only switch once so wait until you have a price that is right for you...

Joshua_D_44

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Changing your dealer won't change your spot in line nor will your current choice being a smaller dealer result in getting a Bronco later. What you do need to do is talk with whoever you choose on their pricing strategy and be comfortable with that. Also you might want to read over the pricing/dealership posts, will probably answer some of the questions you have.
Thank you very much. I’ll look over those posts. I definitely want to go into this knowing as much as possible so I don’t get screwed on price.

Joshua_D_44

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just wait for pricing and shop the small dealer and the larger dealer to get your best price..

The size of the dealership does not the determining factor on your Bronco your place in line does that for you..

You can only switch once so wait until you have a price that is right for you...
Will do. I had read you can only switch once so I wanted to be careful before I did it. Again, first time buyer, so what would cause the difference between the two dealerships if it’s the exact same bronco? Just different dealer rebates and stuff?
Sponsored