Sponsored

Has anyone taken delivery of a MIC Dirt Mountain Rebuild or MIC since the annoncement?

aherried

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
2.7 BB, MIC, Tow, Mid-Package order. I was on my 6th production reschedule when the MIC announcement took place. No further communication on the latest 09/12 build date.

I'm assuming OCT/Nov at this point.

Anyone hear anything different?
Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nope.

You won't get yours in 2021.

OP
OP

aherried

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nope.

You won't get yours in 2021.
The email said I would get a MY21, again wouldn’t be shocked either way. Any info to
Support your claim other than Ford’s constant production issues?

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Dirt mountain MIC's won't start being being replaced until October. That's assuming Ford is able to meet the timeline they haven't been able to meet at every step.

The earlier your Bronco was taken to DM, the earlier it will be reworked.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2.7 BB, MIC, Tow, Mid-Package order. I was on my 6th production reschedule when the MIC announcement took place. No further communication on the latest 09/12 build date.

I'm assuming OCT/Nov at this point.

Anyone hear anything different?
The general email was your notification. When you get an "in Production" status, and then a date, you can hope. If you have a Window Sticker, with a Blend Date, thats when I would assume it HAS to be built in 2021. I would expect they won't build it until they're sure they have the Production Issues solved on the MIC top. And then, they have to replace the MIC tops on the several thousand (?) vehicles already built (July 22 for me) and waiting in Purgatory before yours is built. So you could have another delay.

The vehicles that will jump ahead of you are the Soft Top orders, and all made after September will have the Dual Top connections. Don't know if you can still switch. Personally, I chose to wait, because I would rather start with the Hard Top and add a soft top later.

Given all that, an optimist like me would hope you receive your Big Bend MIC by Christmas. But those who realisticly predict an early 2022 delivery of your 2021 Bronco may be correct. I'm hoping for my Purgatory model by Thanksgiving! At this point, having just seen Alanis Morissette in Charlotte, I'm singing her "Thank You" song. I try to be grateful. "Thank you consequence . . . enjoy the moment . . . and try "not to blame [Ford] for everything."

Last edited:

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The email said I would get a MY21, again wouldn’t be shocked either way. Any info to
Support your claim other than Ford’s constant production issues?
You're after all of the delivered tops, all of dirt mountain, and all of the FEs. Unfortunately I doubt you get the keys before new years.

There's not a lot of good news for any of us

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The general email was your notification. When you get an "in Production" status, and then a date, you can hope. If you have a Window Sticker, with a Blend Date, thats when I would assume it HAS to be built in 2021. I would expect they won't build it until they're sure they have the Production Issues solved on the MIC top. And then, they have to replace the MIC tops on the several thousand (?) vehicles already built (July 22 for me) and waiting in Purgatory before yours is built. So you could have another delay.

The vehicles that will jump ahead of you are the Soft Top orders, and all made after September will have the Dual Top connections. Don't know if you can still switch. Personally, I chose to wait, because I would rather start with the Hard Top and add a soft top later.

Given all that, an optimist like me would hope you receive your Big Bend MIC by Christmas. But those who realisticly predict an early 2022 delivery of your 2021 Bronco may be correct. I'm hoping for my Purgatory model by Thanksgiving! At this point, having just seen Alanis Morissette in Charlotte, I'm singing her "Thank You" song. I try to be grateful. "Thank you consequence . . . enjoy the moment . . . and try "not to blame [Ford] for everything."
Amen brother....well said, 'to be thankful'! I too am waiting for my MIC to be replaced at MAP lot! Fingers crossed!

Sponsored

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine is sitting at Dirt Mountain now. Built 8/5 and I don’t expect to see it until probably November at the earliest.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is sitting at Dirt Mountain now. Built 8/5 and I don’t expect to see it until probably November at the earliest.
I'm parked pretty close to you with a 8/9 build. I fully believe January is the best case scenario.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Same on waiting for the MIC. The Bestop retractable for the front (or similar, once the aftermarket ramps up) looks intriguing.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm parked pretty close to you with a 8/9 build. I fully believe January is the best case scenario.
Well, we'll know for sure in September....
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

🤬 🤬 🤬

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)