Sponsored

Has anyone used/installed this Raptor style light kit?

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://broncoledshop.com/

I tried to search, but only saw a few made from scratch options. This kit looks to be plug and play, which is intriguing to me since I suck at electrical wiring....
Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't use this kit, but I tried using some similar rectangular lights that fit in the badlands grille. I ended up ripping them out because the square peg in the round hole look was a little too rough and ready for me. But if you want to try it, the kit looks like a decent approach, although I think smoked lenses would hide better.

EcoBco

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't use this kit, but I tried using some similar rectangular lights that fit in the badlands grille. I ended up ripping them out because the square peg in the round hole look was a little too rough and ready for me. But if you want to try it, the kit looks like a decent approach, although I think smoked lenses would hide better.
I was thinking the same, definitely needs smoked lenses because they look out of place

OP
OP
foreWard

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just ordered. I agree on the smoked lenses - but maybe my grey badlands grill will blend with the amber better than the black wildtrak/FE - might be able to wrap/tint them fairly easily if they fit the grill well. I'll post again once they are in and installed.

Last edited:

Hellion10

Badlands
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Audi A7 Prestige, '23 Tundra Capstone, ‘69 C10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordered last week, received today and installed....easy install as described, made harder by my JCR Offroad pre-runner hoop (self-inflicted)...and the fact that install video calls to be plugged into fuse slot 21, which at least on my loaded Badlands is empty but also void of fuse slot, so I ended up using slot 65: Upfitter Aux #6, which works out in case I want to switch It off. FWIW their test mule in the video is a Wildtrak which I am going to assume makes a difference in the fuse box. Overall I like it, easy DIY clean install.

Ford Bronco Has anyone used/installed this Raptor style light kit? IMG_3354

Sponsored
OP
OP
foreWard

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordered last week, received today and installed....easy install as described, made harder by my JCR Offroad pre-runner hoop (self-inflicted)...and the fact that install video calls to be plugged into fuse slot 21, which at least on my loaded Badlands is empty but also void of fuse slot, so I ended up using slot 65: Upfitter Aux #6, which works out in case I want to switch It off. FWIW their test mule in the video is a Wildtrak which I am going to assume makes a difference in the fuse box. Overall I like it, easy DIY clean install.

Ford Bronco Has anyone used/installed this Raptor style light kit? IMG_3354
Do you have to wire it to a fuse? I have the backlights for my diode dynamics fogs wired to an up fitter, was thinking about tying them into that switch….think that will work?

EcoBco

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have to wire it to a fuse? I have the backlights for my diode dynamics fogs wired to an up fitter, was thinking about tying them into that switch….think that will work?
The upfitter switches are fused (y)

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

just bought these as well. Installing today. Curious about the fuse choice as well. Since it’s on aux 6 does it turn on when you start the bronco or is it controlled with the actual switch?

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

just bought these as well. Installing today. Curious about the fuse choice as well. Since it’s on aux 6 does it turn on when you start the bronco or is it controlled with the actual switch?
Since they are providing an "add a circuit" fuse and the turn on when the truck is started, this seems to be the best solution. THere is no reason to tie up an upfitter switch. It's just set it and forget it. The only reson to use a switch would be if you wanted to turn them on and off for what ever reason. These lights should draw so little power that you should be able to tie them into your DD backlight switch if you wanted.

$129 seems a bit steep for what it is and what you get. But I understand a profit needs to be made and if someone is not comfortable doing this type of stuff, it's a good solution.

Hellion10

Badlands
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Audi A7 Prestige, '23 Tundra Capstone, ‘69 C10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Absolutely 💯

Sponsored

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since they are providing an "add a circuit" fuse and the turn on when the truck is started, this seems to be the best solution. THere is no reason to tie up an upfitter switch. It's just set it and forget it. The only reson to use a switch would be if you wanted to turn them on and off for what ever reason. These lights should draw so little power that you should be able to tie them into your DD backlight switch if you wanted.

$129 seems a bit steep for what it is and what you get. But I understand a profit needs to be made and if someone is not comfortable doing this type of stuff, it's a good solution.
For the simplicity of just plugging in, I am ok with $129. I could connect 3 individual lights and create my own harness i suppose but this takes the thinking out of it. So Im ok with it! And your right, no need to tie up a switch, But again I do not plan on using all 6 of them.

Oh the dilemma of simplicity! haha

OP
OP
foreWard

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed the kit yesterday, went well, everything seems high quality. Only hiccup I came across was the fuse. I tried #21 (as recommended) and it didn't do anything. I looked on here and saw @Hellion10 used #65, but I think that would just turn on with aux6. I already had the backlights for my DD lights on #4, so I just cut the fuse off and added it in with those. Works great. I didnt feel like the fuse provided even fit snugly in the fuse box, which part of the reason I just went with the upfitter. It looks great though, I'll post a pic soon, I forgot to take one last night.

craq5

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Received my kit but am trying to smoke them so they don't stand out so much. Hope I can still see the LED through the smoke....Will hook up the DD fog backlights that are already wired to the upfitter switches

20220325_170735.jpg

20220325_170728.jpg

16482536360054696948633558363941.jpg

OP
OP
foreWard

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Received my kit but am trying to smoke them so they don't stand out so much. Hope I can still see the LED through the smoke....Will hook up the DD fog backlights that are already wired to the upfitter switches

Ford Bronco Has anyone used/installed this Raptor style light kit? 16482536360054696948633558363941

Ford Bronco Has anyone used/installed this Raptor style light kit? 16482536360054696948633558363941

I may be doing this in the near future. Was thinking about seeing if the window tint guy would put something on them while he was doing my front windows, but I like this better.

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They're sold out.

I find it interesting the Outerbanks and bigbend come with 2 lights only and are still $130.

I ordered an OBX, but will be looking to trade grills or get a badlands/wildtrak/Everglades grill....
Sponsored