Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Haven't needed one on my own yet, but a small rock took out a tire on the trail during the OffRodeo in NH back in September!
Ford Bronco Has anyone used their spare tire? IMG_7954.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
Harumph

Harumph

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1200XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Haven't needed one on my own yet, but a small rock took out a tire on the trail during the OffRodeo in NH back in September!
Do you recall if the small rock punctured the sidewall? Interested to know more about OEM tire failures off road.

I have read a lot of comments on this forum from folks who are changing tires. Seems rock flinging is the main reason. I have noticed a few flings and pings, but not as big an issue personally.

I have ~6300 miles on my tires and have nothing bad to report. I've driven on ice/snow, rocky trails, sand, dirt and pavement. The tires have performed well for me. Good grip in all conditions (so far). Not too much noise...compared to wind noise and my wife turning the music up to 11. :p The biggest perk to me is the light weight of the tire.

I am considering whether to replace mine with a true 35" MT when the time comes or maybe I'll keep the OEM tires. I drive long distances to get to the adventure spot so I have to factor that in to the decision.

Last edited:

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Double beadlocks allow you to remove the tire while the rim is still on the truck, because there is no "lip" once the ring is removed the tire will slide right off by hand!
I'm curious how this would work with the Rock Monster wheels? It looks like the outer lip is one piece with the spokes and bolting surface. I don't see how the tire could come off while mounted to the vehicle.

2ndGenBroncoOwner

First Edition
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Do you recall if the small rock punctured the sidewall? Interested to know more about OEM tire failures off road.

I have read a lot of comments on this forum from folks who are changing tires. Seems rock flinging is the main reason. I have noticed a few flings and pings, but not as big an issue personally.

I have ~6300 miles on my tires and have nothing bad to report. I've driven on ice/snow, rocky trails, sand, dirt and pavement. The tires have performed well for me. Good grip in all conditions (so far). Not too much noise...compared to wind noise and my wife turning the music up to 11. :p The biggest perk to me is the light weight of the tire.

I am considering whether to replace mine with a true 35" MT when the time comes or maybe I'll keep the OEM tires. I drive long distances to get to the adventure spot so I have to factor that in to the decision.
I didn't take a picture, but it was a small, sharp piece of NH granite (almost like an arrow head) that punctured the tire between the treads. it could have been plugged and filled if necessary. I can't recall if any of the Off-Rodeo vehicles had onboard air.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Used mine on my very first off-road experience. Patched it, and it’s in the rotation now

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Only at 2k miles, had to put the spare on this weekend. Went down a gravel road and somehow got sidewall damage. Didn't hit anything that I am aware of. Slow leak, but still something about it seems cheap.

Jer

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands,2017 F350, 2023 F150L, 1976 K20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Needed a spare today for the first time. Finishing up an afternoon on the trail and hit a rock, tore a 3” gash in the side wall. Climbed rocks all afternoon, must have hit this one wrong. Drivers side rear, totally my fault not my spotter. Good day other than this easily fixed mishap.
Sponsored