Sponsored

Has Ford fixed the winch blocking the forward trail cam yet?

Doorsoff4ever

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram3500 diesel crew cab long bed on 37's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know if Ford has fixed the winch/front camera issue yet? It seems to me that an easy fix would be a multi-mount bracket like warn already offers, that could be swapped from front to back or even kept in the trunk or garage when not needed. This would at least keep the blocked trail cam time to a minimum. Anyone know if anything is in the works?
Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't quite see that ever happening if you want it mounted on the front permanently. There's no room to 'tuck it in', so even if someone makes a bumper with a hidden internal winch, it'll stick out too far (and mess with your approach angle too). Maybe a camera relocation kit will be a thing, mount it somewhere on top of the winch, but you'd have to change the stitching program for the 360 view. Possible, but who knows.

Personally I'm more interested in what you mention, a front hitch receiver and then put the winch where I need it, keep it in the trunk otherwise. Added benefit is that you don't have that extra weight on the front all the time. Chances that I'll ever need one are slim to none anyways, might just get a hand winch to pull myself over something, way cheaper. Won't work for winching up some steep muddy hill, but I won't be on such a hill as I hate mud. :cool:

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I talked to Estaban in Moab- didn't seem like they had a plan to do anything, but he was intrigued when I mentioned that there are products out there to relocate the Superduty rear cameras. I am confident that you can relocate the camera, but how it stitches into the 360 is the question. I wish I had his email to show him the products that are out there.

Sponsored

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is pretty frustrating since it is really a basic fix in the grand scheme of things. If the camera could just be mounted on the forward most part of the bumper and a simple software update. I an still holding out for a solution.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've moved on from stock winch platform. Lazy designing. The Ultra4 4600 pictured above proves it can be done. Just need to figure out how they did it.

My guess is, they mounted it upside down behind the radiator.

OP
OP
Doorsoff4ever

Doorsoff4ever

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for this information guys. It is helpful to know what people are hearing! I was hoping to stay away from aftermarket outfitting as much as possible, but it seems like something has to give. Here's my plan: go with an aftermarket front bumper with front and rear hitch receivers for the warn multi-mount and add at-the-ready power hookups at both locations. Somebody is bound to do this. It just makes more sense than dealing with a partial view from the winch/winch+power module, or moving the camera, which unless done by Ford, is going to be a disaster.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Doorsoff4ever

Doorsoff4ever

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's awesome, and a similar setup like the super duty and power wagon winch placement would theoretically work with high packages but not lux packages, because of the adaptive cruise control radar emitter on the bronco needing that space empty. The 4WP bronco walkaround video touches on this. I have vehicles with and without, and let me tell ya...if you are following somebody or stuck in slow moving traffic or just driving your daily commute, the adaptive cruise is the shiznit and super addictive in a vehicle that uses the technology well, like my wife's 2020 Volvo XC 90 T8 PHEV.

Sponsored

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's awesome, and a similar setup like the super duty and power wagon winch placement would theoretically work with high packages but not lux packages, because of the adaptive cruise control radar emitter on the bronco needing that space empty. The 4WP bronco walkaround video touches on this. I have vehicles with and without, and let me tell ya...if you are following somebody or stuck in slow moving traffic or just driving your daily commute, the adaptive cruise is the shiznit and super addictive in a vehicle that uses the technology well, like my wife's 2020 Volvo XC 90 T8 PHEV.
Love the Adaptive CC in My Audi A6. You can set the distance you want to have between you and the car in front. Comes in handy on my freeway drives up to my son's house in GA. It was a must for me on the Bronco so Luxe Pkg it is.

OP
OP
Doorsoff4ever

Doorsoff4ever

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love the Adaptive CC in My Audi A6. You can set the distance you want to have between you and the car in front. Comes in handy on my freeway drives up to my son's house in GA. It was a must for me on the Bronco so Luxe Pkg it is.
RIGHT!?!? ITS TOTALLY ADDICTIVE. Our first gen adaptive cruise on our 2007 Audi A8 was a royal pain, constantly reporting sensor blockage and conking out suddenly, then it wouldn't turn back on, but somebody fixed that problem a while ago apparently because NOW ITS AWESOME and Ford's current version is fantastic in our 2018 F150. It's a must have for anyone who puts over 15k on their cars per year.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s something to watch in the AM for sure. The Super Duty is obviously totally different packaging. I have gotten pretty tight with the Bronco and from what I can see, getting a winch under in a bumper is going to be quite a challenge.

47F56B2A-A34E-453C-BEC7-58B3A64946BC.jpeg

D19EC407-448D-470F-87A7-746F3FE56045.jpeg

52B3EB14-F828-4B86-B679-1D7E3B54D3F5.jpeg

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a problem I haven’t figure out yet, and probably won’t for a while. The 360 camera is a massive off road upgrade. Huge. I love the capability. I also want/need a winch. I’m hoping someone offers a nice front bumper that has a hitch mount that looks good. Then I’ll just attach it when I need it. I don’t even use a winch very often, very rarely in fact, but when you need it you need it and some people you wheel with think it’s rude if you go on trips without one as you’re not doing your part. Hopefully it gets figure out before my probable early 22 delivery.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a problem I haven’t figure out yet, and probably won’t for a while. The 360 camera is a massive off road upgrade. Huge. I love the capability. I also want/need a winch. I’m hoping someone offers a nice front bumper that has a hitch mount that looks good. Then I’ll just attach it when I need it. I don’t even use a winch very often, very rarely in fact, but when you need it you need it and some people you wheel with think it’s rude if you go on trips without one as you’re not doing your part. Hopefully it gets figure out before my probable early 22 delivery.
In all my years of wheeling my 87 Bronco all over AZ and UT, I never used the winch on the front on an organized trail run. It you got stuck it was always recovery with a tow strap. The winch was too slow and took too much time to rig. I used my front mounted winch for utility purposes a handful of times, but never offroad myself in 23 years of ownership. I also had 35” tires, dual ARB lockers, and a long travel coilover suspension.

I still own a multi mount winch, but I doubt I’ll waste time rigging up the front of my Bronco to hold it. I’ll carry a decent come along and some tow straps and will be fine. I’ll also carry a hi lift jack. They are probably the most dangerous piece of offroad gear, but serve their purpose.

Ford Bronco Has Ford fixed the winch blocking the forward trail cam yet? BEF1CA03-5F89-4400-AAA9-492625C57446
Sponsored