Sponsored

Have 2-door w/ MIC top ordered. Convert to soft top 4-door Bronco or 2-door Jeep?

GRPinehurst

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Everyone help me off the ledge.

Current order is a nonSAS Outer Banks 2 door lux package with black painted hard top as a daily driver.

The vehicle was to be passed down to my daughter when she is to turn 16, roughly one year from now (she helped pick out the order). I was hoping to drive it for at least a year. Based on my current order, that will never happen.

So, I'm going through the B&P and my only options now are the soft top 4 doors, especially after the s!@# show these molded tops are now. What are some opinions in regards to converting to the soft top 4 door? The SAS package was not something that I wanted or needed, however, reading some of the opinions in here about how well the drive is, I'm will be open minded. Most of this will be budget related, however, I want the family to enjoy the vehicle as well. A SAS Outer Banks 4 door does not scare my budget but I do not necessarily want to climb into the $60K range. There will be some sacrifices within the interior that I can deal with. I think I just want to get the vehicle at this point.

-or-

Do I just cancel and get a 2 door hard top Jeep? What Jeeps are comparable to my current order? I have do not have much knowledge on their models.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

eareyer77

Big Bend
First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Everyone help me off the ledge.

Current order is a nonSAS Outer Banks 2 door lux package with black painted hard top as a daily driver.

The vehicle was to be passed down to my daughter when she is to turn 16, roughly one year from now (she helped pick out the order). I was hoping to drive it for at least a year. Based on my current order, that will never happen.

So, I'm going through the B&P and my only options now are the soft top 4 doors, especially after the s!@# show these molded tops are now. What are some opinions in regards to converting to the soft top 4 door? The SAS package was not something that I wanted or needed, however, reading some of the opinions in here about how well the drive is, I'm will be open minded. Most of this will be budget related, however, I want the family to enjoy the vehicle as well. A SAS Outer Banks 4 door does not scare my budget but I do not necessarily want to climb into the $60K range. There will be some sacrifices within the interior that I can deal with. I think I just want to get the vehicle at this point.

-or-

Do I just cancel and get a 2 door hard top Jeep? What Jeeps are comparable to my current order? I have do not have much knowledge on their models.

Thoughts?

eareyer77

Big Bend
First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So, I am a previous jeep owner. I had a 4 door and my husband had the two door. They are a lot of fun especially if you like to go on the trails. The mods are plentiful. By the time I finished mod'n my jeep out it had a 6" lift, 40" tires and every mod you can think of. It was a beast. As a daily driver, not so great. Granted I over built a bit, so the upkeep was a bit extensive. However, after it broke down on me two weeks ago, got it fixed, then developed an oil leak...I was done. Gas mileage was about 16mpg and would stretch it to 18mpg on highway. The ride is rougher then all vehicles, including my husbands modest 3" lifted 2 dr on 35's. New ones ride a bit better then the JK's but not by much. Don't get me wrong, I loved my Jeep and if one day I can get another one to build but not as an everyday driver, I absolutely will. I got lucky two weeks ago when I went to a Ford Dealership just to look at the Bronco's on the lot. Every one of them were sold. There was a "used" bronco in the back with 700 miles on it. Needless to say I drove off with it that night. I hands down think that it is worth the wait. It beats the pants off a Jeep with ride, comfort. I don't know about performance on the trails yet. It feels more stable. Honestly, you may do better just to cancel the order and then go find one and then build it as parts come available. Mine has a soft top which I'm not a fan of but I have patience. Ford is competing with Jeep so it will come. I literally had no idea how bad the wait was on these things and figured the dealer was giving me the song and dance of wanting to sell a car. Then I started searching up threads. Good luck to you. No matter the decision, you will have a good vehicle. My only advice is don't overdo the mods with Jeep.
Sponsored