Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You know the meme..."How do you know if someone is vegan/ a cross fitter? Don't worry, they'll tell you"

I think I've become "How do you know someone has a res for a new big Bronco? Don't worry, they'll tell you."

It seems like it's all I want to talk about. I bet everyone at work can tell you all about my build and what I got on it and every bump in the road that delays getting it. They probably hate me.

I swear my upcoming marriage probably won't happen if I don't get a build date soon, bc she's going to leave me at the altar because I won't stop talking about it. I'm on my phone again? Oh, yeah...sorry, just looking at the Bronco forum. Did you see this 4" lift on this OBX!? Yeah, wouldn't it look rad? I think the responses, complete with waning levels of enthusiasm, are her just being nice.

Is anyone else as consumed with their rig, and planning for everything you're getting before you even have a build date? Or is it just me?

Oh, by the way...did I tell you guys I'm getting a new Bronco...?
Sponsored

geronika

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
53 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dude, I'm also getting a new Bronco. Let me show you a picture of my build. Wait it's here on my phone...no that's the stupid cat...here it is...no that's my bass... anyways I'm getting a shadow black one a 2door, yeah ordered it well I reserved it almost a year ago and I'm really not sure...no those are the Bronco Sports. Yeah mine a real Bronco... hey where you going I still trina pull that pic up...hol up....

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was the same way up until a month or so ago. Now I avoid the subject because I get tired of people asking me "when are you getting your bronco?" and me saying "I have no frigging" clue"

Skip2a

Black Diamond
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I showed pictures of my build to the owner of the Toyota dealer this week when I was buying my son a Rav4, also my doctor and dentist.

Unfortunately it is the only thing that I am really interested in buying. I love the Hellcats but they aren't practical in PA and I would love an FJ Cruiser but I can't justify $35k for a vehicle with 100k miles on it.

I keep sending my poor brother pictures and video updates. He is a good sport and hasn't blocked me yet.

Sponsored

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a friend tell me I couldn’t talk to her about my Bronco anymore. We’re no longer friends. True story!!

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
You know the meme..."How do you know if someone is vegan/ a cross fitter? Don't worry, they'll tell you"

I think I've become "How do you know someone has a res for a new big Bronco? Don't worry, they'll tell you."

It seems like it's all I want to talk about. I bet everyone at work can tell you all about my build and what I got on it and every bump in the road that delays getting it. They probably hate me.

I swear my upcoming marriage probably won't happen if I don't get a build date soon, bc she's going to leave me at the altar because I won't stop talking about it. I'm on my phone again? Oh, yeah...sorry, just looking at the Bronco forum. Did you see this 4" lift on this OBX!? Yeah, wouldn't it look rad? I think the responses, complete with waning levels of enthusiasm, are her just being nice.

Is anyone else as consumed with their rig, and planning for everything you're getting before you even have a build date? Or is it just me?

I'm super excited, my husband not so much. Still working on him as he's putting the kabosh on my dream right now. I've tried bribery, threats etc etc, so far nothings working. Oh and did I tell you I got my VIN on my Cactus Gray Black Diamond 2.3 auto and mid. :D Have a great weekend!

WillisC’onnors

Base
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
You’re not alone, 😂. My wife is beyond over it…same with my kids too, lol.
Mine too. We went to visit the Broncos that came though our city and she enjoyed the experience but couldn't help mentioning to the salesperson that I "wont shut up about them."

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is frigging funny!
Heres me:
I DONT KNOW WHEN IT WILL COME!
And NOOOO! its not The little bastard you have been seeing the last 2 months!!!

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't tell my wife until November, didn't tell my kids until Christmas (actually put it in a card from Santa), didn't tell my best friend until about a month ago, didn't tell my sister until a couple of weeks ago, and didn't tell my Mom until last week.

Even with this small number of people knowing, I get the "when are you getting your Bronco?" question almost every time I speak to them. I also get "I saw a Bronco today!". 😒

I can't imagine fending off these questions and comments for months so my plan is to not tell anyone else until I have it in my driveway. That doesn't mean that I'm not consumed by it though... my poor wife and kids still have to deal with me constantly talking about it and spending way too much time on this forum. 🤪

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

outside of my wife and kids only two people know, both are not into cars and don't care. Not gonna tell anyone else until I can just show it to them.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm ordering my new Mach 1 in a couple of days, pretty sure all my coworkers are ready to kill me with me talking about it.

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Have I become the Vegan Cross Fitter? 7A98AC90-0663-46C0-827B-2B99E985B65A

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

With my Bronco so far away from a build date I've worked hard to refrain from telling folks I have ordered one. The wife, and a neighbor (who has a '72) are the only ones that know. As far as excited about getting a Bronco the same scenario is applicable. It's so far away I try not to even think about it. That's probably the only way I can make to the build date. :)

Plus, I have a Jeep JL to keep me grounded until the big boy arrives.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

outside of my wife and kids only two people know, both are not into cars and don't care. Not gonna tell anyone else until I can just show it to them.
This. My wife and kids know, but nobody else really. Talking about CrossFit (been there) and the Bronco is kinda like talking to other people about your Fantasy Football team...nobody cares. LOL
Sponsored