Sponsored

Have i made a huge error not getting the 4A mode?

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi Guys and Gals.

I'm after some advice.

when ordering my Broco, the dealer made it seem the that optional 4A mode was more for heavy duty off roading and that i wouldn't really need it everyday driving. But now after i've taken delivery of the vehicle, more information has been coming out about the 4A mode, i now think that it would have been very useful for driving on regular roads and highways in slippery icy and rainy conditions. Have i made a huge error not getting the 4A mode?
Major error, no. Would it have been desirable, possibly. Depends on where you live and the kind of driving you do.

Unfortunately for me, I live in the NE and the winter driving conditions can be adventurous. 4A is awesome for slippery, icy, snow covered roads and as such, for me, it's a great feature, one I wouldn't particularly have wanted to be without.

If I was in the SW, SE, etc. it would have been a superfluous feature, on its own - notwithstanding other features in its package feature set.

4A is primarily, but not exclusively, useful in the type of nasty winter time weather conditions I described. If you don't deal with these kinds of conditions, I wouldn't worry about it. If you do -- bummer, but you'll be all right. It's a big, tough truck, just drive it carefully.
Sponsored

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OK, Now that I’m reading this thread I actually do not remember which models come with 4A???
I need a refresher someone help!

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
You're right. even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while....

Sponsored

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I live in Florida with wet slippery roads and often flooded streets. I’m a huge fan of a good AWD system.
My question is, does the auto trans come with A4? Or does it have to be a Sasquatch? I ordered a base Sasquatch but have been debating on dropping Sasquatch and just getting a base. But AWD is a must.

MBLANCHARD

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ended up changing my trim from a BB to a OB to get the 4A. I just returned from a road trip to the Off Rodeo in Moab. Went over the Willamette Pass in Oregon back to Portland and ran through an unexpected snow blizzard at 5000 feet. Had to drive slow and easy in my ford escape.
Was glad I have the 4A coming on the bronco.
Sponsored