Sponsored

Have reservation; placed order with dealer- can I change dealers?

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m a late reservation (8-4-21) and my dealer “placed” my order (2.7 BL SAS LUX Soft top) on 8-9. However, I’ve never received an order confirmation from Ford and my dealer has no WBDO. Whether it’s being held for the 22 order banks or a software issue- I’m not sure. Either way my dealer has zero info or interest.

Here’s what I do know- this dealer is non-communicative. I’ve been called impatient for questioning why I don’t have a confirmed order. They just don’t seem to give a crap honestly. I would love to find another dealer who a forum member has used and liked. I’m in the Triad NC area so any NC/SC/VA dealers within a couple hours would work. My question is- can I cancel my “order” with the current outfit and change to another dealer and keep my reservation time stamp?

Id love to tell the current one to pound sand. I despise dealerships at baseline and this one is really putting a bad taste in ny mouth. I told him I know my bronco is a long ways out- but there’s no reason I shouldn’t stay on top of it until I have an actual confirmed order.
Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I seem to recall you can't but hopefully someone knows/has tried. Could also call Ford and check.

Look into granger too, I didn't because of location but if you're close they are great.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m a late reservation (8-4-21) and my dealer “placed” my order (2.7 BL SAS LUX Soft top) on 8-9. However, I’ve never received an order confirmation from Ford and my dealer has no WBDO. Whether it’s being held for the 22 order banks or a software issue- I’m not sure. Either way my dealer has zero info or interest.

Here’s what I do know- this dealer is non-communicative. I’ve been called impatient for questioning why I don’t have a confirmed order. They just don’t seem to give a crap honestly. I would love to find another dealer who a forum member has used and liked. I’m in the Triad NC area so any NC/SC/VA dealers within a couple hours would work. My question is- can I cancel my “order” with the current outfit and change to another dealer and keep my reservation time stamp?

Id love to tell the current one to pound sand. I despise dealerships at baseline and this one is really putting a bad taste in ny mouth. I told him I know my bronco is a long ways out- but there’s no reason I shouldn’t stay on top of it until I have an actual confirmed order.
Your reserve stamp this late in the game will have very little impact...

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For a reservation this late it would be FAR FAR easier to just cancel, get a refund, then get a new reservation at your new dealer.
I'm not certain if they even move reservations anymore.
Converted orders , definitely not.

At this point, a few weeks in Aug 2021 makes ZERO difference. NONE.

Just get a new reservation.

OP
OP
Snowdogyyz

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One thing I thought about doing is reserving another Bronco and seeing who can deliver first, then cancel the other. That dealer will just sell it with ADM anyway.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One thing I thought about doing is reserving another Bronco and seeing who can deliver first, then cancel the other. That dealer will just sell it with ADM anyway.
Two reservations for the same build ... this far out .... you'll get them on the same day in late 2022, unless they are very basic , no option builds like dealer stock builds will be.

EDIT.... well there is the dealer allocation model that could effect it.
... or a quality hold like my Bronco has, while others got shipped that day.
Sponsored