Sponsored

Have we seen standard bash plates compared to HD bash plates?

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Note that there are multiple bash plates. The front is available with the modular front bumper on all models. The heavy-duty underbody bash plates for engine/trans/tcase/disco/etc (I would call them "skid plates") are only available on BL, BD, and $395 upgrade on WT. For IFS, the underbody plate is important. If the heavy-duty skid plates are like the prototype frame displayed, they are steel plate welded to a round tubing brace on rear. Hopefully aftermarket will quickly provide 0.25" aluminum skid plate sets to upgrade base models. 3/16" steel plate for IFS would be heavy to ship and unwieldy to install.
So when I’m building the Wildtrak and add the front steel bumper, it adds front bash plates. But then there’s also an option for bash plates as a stand alone. The picture just shows the same front bash plate that comes with the bumper. How do we know that it means to guard other things like you said? And then if you went to add the stand alone bash plates, it removes the front steel modular bumper. This makes no sense to me.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Interested as well on this (WT in my case). My impression based off of what I can recall from all the discussions is that all Broncos get a Bash plate in the Front. However, when getting the HD Modular (and maybe the Capable?), that Front Plate is "Heavy Duty".

In addition, I THINK, that only the BD and BL gets the underbody Plates? I hope I'm wrong on this, but that "Upgraded Bash" = "Additional Bash".

Anyone know otherwise? I would love it if everyone got full bash plates underneath, even if they are thinner. I am already going to have to buy Rock Rails before I do any serious Off-Roading... I would prefer not to have to also buy Bash Plats to protect my undercarriage from basic impacts.

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would like to see this comparison as well.
Sponsored