Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
So, back in December, I got to the point of frustration with the Bronco experience that I threw my hands in the air and said "I give up!" - and started looking at alternatives to the Bronco. I wanted something that could comfortably seat 4 people, have good storage space, front and rear lockers, heavy duty suspension, not be too huge, and have reasonable power. I was surprised to find out that there weren't a lot of options - these were all some of the selling points of the Bronco - and it seemed as if the Jeep products were the only thing that checked the same boxes. That, or a Tacoma/4Runner. I looked into the Toyotas, and everything I read said the same thing - reliable as heck, very capable, but super outdated engine and interior. So I passed on Toyota. I'm not a fan of the looks of the Jeep, and they're notoriously slow - so I passed on Jeep. Then I found out about the Chevy ZR2 Bison edition - and it turns out a local dealer had 2 in stock - one was the gas V6 engine, the other was the 2.8 Duramax diesel. I test drove both, and the 2.8 Duramax accelerated slower than a snail stuck in cold molasses. So I ended up with the V6 version. I bought it during a weekend when chevy was offering some amazing deals, and got it for about $6k under MSRP. Then, in February, the dealer who took my reservation for my Bronco called, and said it was time to place my order if I wanted to. By that point, my frustration from December had subsided a bit - so I placed my Bronco order - now I wait. In the meantime, I'm thoroughly enjoying the truck, and take a little consolation in the fact that the used car market (especially for trucks) is really working in my favor - so if all goes well, I won't take much of a loss (if any) when it's time to get rid of the truck for my Bronco - but until that happens, I'm having a blast with it. Here's a couple videos from recent outings:

Yesterday: a drive with a buddy up to Walker Ridge Trail near Indian Valley Reservoir (northern CA)
A week ago at the local off-road park:

definitely enjoying it - but can't wait to get my Bronco :)
Sponsored

BroncMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs
Your Bronco Model
Base
that is a great truck. you'll get your dough back
Sponsored