Sponsored

Having a heck of a time with my order model being changed by the dealer or Ford and I'm one of the 553 airbag recalls too.

kazoo828

Black Diamond
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I sent this email to Ford Motor Company today. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

To The Powers That Be,

On 7/13/20 I put down $100 to reserve a 2021 Bronco Black Diamond (Reservation #xxxxxxxx).

I was invited into Grieco Ford in Delray Beach on 2/9/21 to place my formal order with Liz (Order #xxxx) and hand over my $1,000 deposit.

On 5/27/21 I received an email from Ford Motor Company that a different model (Big Bend) was being built for me. I can't tell you how many visits, phone calls and texts followed with Jeff at Grieco about correcting this. I also called customer service at Ford Motor Company and was told that you couldn't change my order. I explained that my order had already been changed and no one knew who did it. I realized that customer service was a dead end. So are website links.

After Jeff working with his team at Ford Motor Company and multiple calls, visits and texts again, I placed an order for the Black Diamond on 7/6/21 (Order xxxx). This order does not show up on any websites for me, but customer service and Jeff both show that order being for me. I was told I would finally get an email about it when it was scheduled to be built.

I am planning on keeping the wrong model (Big Bend) so I would have a car to drive until the Black Diamond arrives.

On 11/23/21 the Big Bend model arrived at Grieco Ford, but I am unable to purchase it because I am one of the unfortunate 553 affected by the improperly folded passenger side airbag. My correct model is now going to be a 2022 model and Jeff at Grieco has assured me that I won't get a price hike because of that.

Today it is 1/9/22. Is there any recourse for me to get that airbag? This process has been a comedy of errors for me, but nothing funny at all. I feel that something weird went on at the dealership for my order to even have been changed to a different model I have been very patient throughout this, but I feel that my patience is being perceived as a sign of weakness. I am not weak and I am also losing my patience.

Perhaps you can forward my concerns to someone who can remedy my situation or at least give me a definitive answer.
Sponsored