First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm having a real hard time picking out a color for my Bronco. On the Bronco part of Ford's site, they show a 4-door on the right side that says it's Cactus Gray. It looks blue. Can anyone help me find pics of the colors that aren't computer generated? Thanks!
Sponsored

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Best option is to go down to your local dealer and see it in person. The color is quite morphic. Or, do a search for cactus gray on here and you will be even more unsure as every picture will look a bit different. Go see it in person!!!!

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the same questions so I took some pictures of Cactus Grey at my local dealership. You can really see how different the color looks from your viewing angle. First 2 pictures are the same vehicle (Ranger) second two are Bronco Sport.

Ford Bronco Having a real hard time picking out a color 20210320_131221

Ford Bronco Having a real hard time picking out a color 20210320_131251

Ford Bronco Having a real hard time picking out a color 20210320_131744

Ford Bronco Having a real hard time picking out a color 20210320_131738

Quinn_the_eskimo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep Scrambler, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm having a real hard time picking out a color for my Bronco. On the Bronco part of Ford's site, they show a 4-door on the right side that says it's Cactus Gray. It looks blue. Can anyone help me find pics of the colors that aren't computer generated? Thanks!
Have you ever seen a wild sage bush? Or a prickly pear cactus? It's a bit like that. Bluish in some lights, greenish in others.

57d32ed1385cf.image.jpg

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the same questions so I took some pictures of Cactus Grey at my local dealership. You can really see how different the color looks from your viewing angle. First 2 pictures are the same vehicle (Ranger) second two are Bronco Sport.

Ford Bronco Having a real hard time picking out a color 57d32ed1385cf.image

Dang! I didn't realize how much it changes based on the angle! These are great pics for the CG argument! (and maybe putting me more on the fence about getting it ;) )

Sponsored

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dang! I didn't realize how much it changes based on the angle! These are great pics for the CG argument! (and maybe putting me more on the fence about getting it ;) )
I reserved/ordered a CG Wildtrak before I saw it in person and I have since requested a change. To be fair it is a unique and interesting blend but its not for me, more green than I expected TBH.

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Best advice I can give is find a Ford dealer nearby that has either the Ranger or Sport in the colors you're interested in.

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I reserved/ordered a CG Wildtrak before I saw it in person and I have since requested a change. To be fair it is a unique and interesting blend but its not for me, more green than I expected TBH.
It looks like you were there on a cloudy day, I'd love to see these same angles on a sunny day to see if the green or grey comes out more. But I totally understand not getting it if it's too 'seafood green' like it looks like in these pics

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't think there's a bad color on offer...especially antimatter black and cyber orange.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When ordering other vehicles in the past the color was always the hardest part to settle on. With the Bronco it was quite easy. When I told the wife I wanted to order a new Bronco she said, "You can order a new Bronco, but it had better be red." Bam, bang, swoosh, a Race Red OBX has now been ordered. :)

Sponsored

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The problem with looking at pictures online is multifaceted. It has nothing to do with angle. You have the color space of the camera being used, and the exposure settings it makes on the fly, largely the white balance it decides to go with when the picture is taken. Then it gets online and it is maybe opened and saved in a program that doesn't support the original color space. So it's converted to a new color space. Then it's displayed on your monitor which has user adjustable settings that are surely set differently than someone else. This is why graphic designers and pro photogs calibrate their monitors and shoot and export in a specific color space. This way the can be guaranteed that the image they produce is the image they see and intend. Even still there are going to be differences between different manufactures and types of monitors. Look at what a slight change to white balance does to these images. This is exactly why some people say it has a blue hue and some say it has a green hue.

Ford Bronco Having a real hard time picking out a color 20210320_131738-wb
Ford Bronco Having a real hard time picking out a color 20210320_131738
Ford Bronco Having a real hard time picking out a color 20210320_131221
Ford Bronco Having a real hard time picking out a color 20210320_131221_wb

ETA: Everyone should get out and see these colors on their own. When I saw CG for the first time I was amazed at how different it looked in person vs what I had seen online.

Last edited:

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should get Area 51. Like everyone else.

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The problem with looking at pictures online is multifaceted. It has nothing to do with angle. You have the color space of the camera being used, and the exposure settings it makes on the fly, largely the white balance it decides to go with when the picture is taken. Then it gets online and it is maybe opened and saved in a program that doesn't support the original color space. So it's converted to a new color space. Then it's displayed on your monitor which has user adjustable settings that are surely set differently than someone else. This is why graphic designers and pro photogs calibrate their monitors and shoot and export in a specific color space. This way the can be guaranteed that the image they produce is the image they see and intend. Even still there are going to be differences between different manufactures and types of monitors. Look at what a slight change to white balance does to these images. This is exactly why some people say it has a blue hue and some say it has a green hue.

ETA: Everyone should get out and see these colors on their own. When I saw CG for the first time I was amazed at how different it looked in person vs what I had seen online.
I guess I'll have to go see it myself 😃

Drunken Wisdom (END)

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When ordering other vehicles in the past the color was always the hardest part to settle on. With the Bronco it was quite easy. When I told the wife I wanted to order a new Bronco she said, "You can order a new Bronco, but it had better be red." Bam, bang, swoosh, a Race Red OBX has now been ordered. :)
See that people? 👆
Life is easy. Just pick a damn color!